Holgorsen remains confident Will Grier will be able to start against Virginia Tech

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
IIRC, they test you twice if you piss hot. We probably already knew even by the Mizzu game, maybe earlier.

Maybe that explains why he had such a sh*tty game at Missouri, even though it was his 6th start and he was still struggling to put up 200 ypg (although revisionist history has him putting up Danny Wuerfful type numbers). :D

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe that explains why he had such a sh*tty game at Missouri, even though it was his 6th start and he was still struggling to put up 200 ypg (although revisionist history has him putting up Danny Wuerfful type numbers). :D
Well that 400 yard game was part of the first 3000 yard season since Danny.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know for a fact he was on it in 14 because he got popped twice. Coke was also in his system both times.

You mean from our own tests? It wouldn't shock me and I know a lot of those players did a little nose candy here and there in the old days just like the regular student body.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to put up numbers like they do at WVU or Texas Tech.
LOL. Not with these coaches no matter who you put on the field. They stay up late at night, trembling in the corner and pizzing themselves at the thought of the occasional interception. This shyt will be bottom of the SEC unless Ingram and Richardson miraculously re-appear wearing orange and blue.

Last edited:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
LOL. Not with these coaches no matter who you put on the field. They stay up late at night, trembling in the corner and pizzing themsleves, at the thought of the occasional interception. This shyt will be bottom of the SEC unless Ingram and Richardson miraculously re-appear wearing orange and blue.

A man can dream, right? :dunno:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well that 400 yard game was part of the first 3000 yard season since Danny.
Yes, yes, you guys have finally changed my mind regarding WG. I mean who would possibly want a guy in his first 6 games who could only average 210 ypg, a 66% completion average, 10/3 TD to INT ratio, although 2 of the 3 were tipped catchable passes, a 60% red zone completion average...And that god awful 84% completion percentage on 3rd and under 5 was garbage because we could always have picked up the 1st down with our vaunted rushing attack featuring a 205# RB and a stud filled offensive line that was known for averaging 6 reps with 225# in the weightroom...and don't forget their pass blocking prowess...It was soooo good it almost went unnoticed. I mean those numbers are totally unacceptable considering he was splitting reps with the future starter at Tennessee State University. Who cares if he had a 145 QB rating while the combined rating from the last 6 years has been hovering around 110....

Certainly we wasted time with this guy being out there at all because it clearly "stunted" the development of the pothead punt returner that utilized our bevy of play making skill position personnel that were all just waiting for the right triggerman to have bust out seasons....And it clearly showed that the playcalling was coming from a bona fide offensive genius...I would have also ask the kid to GTFO of town....I mean who did he think he was abandoning the play call and hauling ass like a scalded dog to keep plays alive and picking up those critical first downs?? Little azzhole, didn't he realize that QB's are supposed to take a sack to give the punter more field to work with.....Who cares if we would have beaten our in state rival this decade....all that would have done is open the door to a whole bunch of talented jerkoffs just like him and we certainly don't need that, right?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, yes, you guys have finally changed my mind regarding WG. I mean who would possibly want a guy in his first 6 games who could only average 210 ypg, a 66% completion average, 10/3 TD to INT ratio, although 2 of the 3 were tipped catchable passes, a 60% red zone completion average...And that god awful 84% completion percentage on 3rd and under 5 was garbage because we could always have picked up the 1st down with our vaunted rushing attack featuring a 205# RB and a stud filled offensive line that was known for averaging 6 reps with 225# in the weightroom...and don't forget their pass blocking prowess...It was soooo good it almost went unnoticed. I mean those numbers are totally unacceptable considering he was splitting reps with the future starter at Tennessee State University. Who cares if he had a 145 QB rating while the combined rating from the last 6 years has been hovering around 110....

Certainly we wasted time with this guy being out there at all because it clearly "stunted" the development of the pothead punt returner that utilized our bevy of play making skill position personnel that were all just waiting for the right triggerman to have bust out seasons....And it clearly showed that the playcalling was coming from a bona fide offensive genius...I would have also ask the kid to GTFO of town....I mean who did he think he was abandoning the play call and hauling ass like a scalded dog to keep plays alive and picking up those critical first downs?? Little azzhole, didn't he realize that QB's are supposed to take a sack to give the punter more field to work with.....Who cares if we would have beaten our in state rival this decade....all that would have done is open the door to a whole bunch of talented jerkoffs just like him and we certainly don't need that, right?

When Chad gets angry, he just throws a bunch of $hit on the wall without context to see what sticks... the passing percentage on "3rd and 5". Crete your obsession is getting the better of you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I see you've memorized all of his stats. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see you've memorized all of his stats. :lol:

In his defense there were only 6 games of them, and he played only 4 full games. So it's not like referencing Leak, Wuerfell, Grossman, etc... freshman years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really it was 3rd&4-6 yards to go....But you and the "5 good quarters" guys are probably right, he sucks and I'm sure everyone was about to stop him anyway....
http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/player/235/1063037/passing/situational.html

Chad/Crete... it's been two years... let it go. We know you love Grier more than any other Gator Quarterback ever. No one knows if he was going to suck or not, but we know he wasn't a legend after 6 games.

Please be honest since you are the only one holding up this torch like you do... are you related to the Griers? Just be honest.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If WV comes up just short of winning the Big 12 again this season with Grier at QB you aren't going to do anything crazy are you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chad/Crete... it's been two years... let it go. We know you love Grier more than any other Gator Quarterback ever. No one knows if he was going to suck or not, but we know he wasn't a legend after 6 games.

Please be honest since you are the only one holding up this torch like you do... are you related to the Griers? Just be honest.
Im at the point of think Crete is Quasimodo.

He had these insane crushes on certain players and coaches, too.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just find it funny that everyone gives Butters a pass on sending him packing for having a little extra creatine in his protein shake while our cross state rivals win championships with guys that are rapist.....
But like I said, yay Butters and boo the kid who never lost a game or got blown out.....Maybe you guys should contact the AD and put your stamp of approval on Butters new extension:lmao2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If WV comes up just short of winning the Big 12 again this season with Grier at QB you aren't going to do anything crazy are you?
The real question should be what everyone else is going to do when Butters gives us another year of garbage play from the QB position and ends up ranked outside the top 100 in offense.....then keeps his job?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The real question should be what everyone else is going to do when Butters gives us another year of garbage play from the QB position and ends up ranked outside the top 100 in offense.....then keeps his job?

You may end up right on that but I hope not. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator