Is the McElwain honeymoon over?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not take one person's opinion and act like it's a majority of the Gator Nation. Puhleeze.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We are playing with house money... Offense has only regressed since Will was lost... Mac is superb and when he gets his recruits in, we will be a force to be reckoned with!!!! 10-1 in the first year! I thought with what Suckchamp left we would be 6-6... Couldn't be happier and even if we take a step back next year, i believe we will see a progression of Mac's team as his guys work into the system...

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
We were picked to finish 5th in the East for a reason, we've been somewhat better than originally advertised and the East has been way down but we are 10-1. We have no kicker, a patchwork OLine and our starting QB is suspended so we should be happy where we are. The offense has been pitiful the last few weeks, I'd love to see that change but I think Mac has made chicken salad out of chicken :kiffin: as much as he can this year. The play calling hasn't been horrible but we have a QB that is afraid to pull the trigger and looks like he's trying to translate sanskrit when he's looking at the defense. It sucks to watch but many of us fully expected to look like this with losses this year instead of wins.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can certainly see the similarities between this season and 2012. We are struggling offensively and being helped by a great D. We barley beat a lesser team needing OT to do it.

I can also see the differences... this offense has regressed because Will Grier took some pills from GNC. In 2012 the offense had moments (against FSU for a little while), but never really looked great. They had the same QB all year and while the OL was not great it was better than what we have. They also had Caleb Sturgis. Could you imagine the difference if we had a FG kicker who could actually make a kick!

I think Mac is in a tough spot. He is playing with a QB who either can't see over the OL or just ignores every receiver outside his first read. Therefore... nothing like 2012 overall.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I think I need to say it. I'm ashamed of our 10-1 record.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not take one person's opinion and act like it's a majority of the Gator Nation. Puhleeze.

I agree with OX.....

Most of you are taking what QC said totally out of context. She has legitimate concerns and has a right to voice them. I bet many of you have similar thoughts but are afraid to be called out by the Self Anointed "Super Fans" on this board.
Mac has done wonders with the players Mus-stink left him. 10-1 is a minor miracle but we are Fans and we want more, it feels good to win again and like a dope-head, we want more.

Our offense sucks and Mac will tell you, it's his responsibility to make it better.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The difference?

And
  • 19 Caleb Sturgis K 5' 11" 184 RSR 4L St. Augustine/St. Augustine

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have the worst oline in the NCAA. It's a miracle we've won any games at all.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Many of you believe that our current coach has no right to be criticized (PS - it's a very tricky balance of responsibility between Treon, the OL, and coaches). I didn't criticize the head coach until today because we were not terrible on offense for most of the season, and I thought the Vandy game was an anomaly. I totally commend his ability to get to 10 wins, but we as fans are allowed to question why our offense has not shown growth. Anybody who infers that I think he should be on the hot seat or fired is totally wrong. Thanks.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Many of you believe that our current coach has no right to be criticized (PS - it's a very tricky balance of responsibility between Treon, the OL, and coaches). I didn't criticize the head coach until today because we were not terrible on offense for most of the season, and I thought the Vandy game was an anomaly. I totally commend his ability to get to 10 wins, but we as fans are allowed to question why our offense has not shown growth. Anybody who infers that I think he should be on the hot seat or fired is totally wrong. Thanks.
So, what was the point of starting this thread? You offered nothing about how you thought it could be fixed. Do we sign a another QB and some OL off the waiver wire?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Enough of this pathetic offense and close games against inferior competition. I'm neither saying nor advocating that he should be fired, but Treon can take only so much blame for our performance. I'm not having fun watching this team, and one reason why he was hired was to inject joy into Gator football. I know wins and losses is what ultimately matters, but there's a reason so few of us look fondly on that 11-2 season in 2012.
I watched the post-game interview. He seemed a little too loosey-goosey. He should be angry (but not volcanic) that we almost lost as a #8 team to a 2-8 Conference USA team with pathetic output on offense and kicking special teams.

Name and town if you wish to opine.
Q61ndWx.gif

Sweet Jesus. :facepalm:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The difference?

And
  • 19 Caleb Sturgis K 5' 11" 184 RSR 4L St. Augustine/St. Augustine
If I could like this a 1000 times I would. There was some asshat on twitter today saying there was no difference between this year and Muschamps 11 win season. This right here is the reason why Mac is doing a hell of a job. If we had this OLine we could be scary.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Treon is playing like Grier is gonna run on the field and take his job. Calm down big man and just play have confidence.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As dissappinting as the game today was, some of the fan reactions are more dissappointing. We might have had 6 Schollarship olinemen dressed today, if that many. We need a kicker in the worst way, but the staff can only fix so many holes in one year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.