Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can all agree...
4351238290_e747139c18.jpg

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Their basketball board is really a very very very thinly disguised UK board. Stockholm syndrome I guess.
The basketball board over there is trash.

This board is the greatest though. So glad it is 100000000000000 times better than any message board out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
You're seeing a few of their posters show up here. I hope they stick around. Welcome to all.

Thanks..I am a self inflicted refugee from many years there as a paid insider. Took on moderators when they were out of line, some were always allowed to just do or say whatever they wanted with their posts and edits of yours, and got a week off. Asked them for a full refund instead, which they gave to me and Viola, here I am! Most mods there are good..a few are just idiots. The head mod there seems to come from an education background so the safe place liberal like behavior isn't shocking. Anyway, enjoying it here much more and finding info here just as god as they had on the paid part of their site..which is why I'm a lifetime member here now!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was happy with the first half and thought we’d win if we continued to control both lines of scrimmage in the 2nd half. But I was also wondering if ATM would make adjustments at the half and we wouldn’t be able to respond. Yep.

Here’s an adjustment: Franks can actually run. He’s lanky but pretty fast. Some zone read could work.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks..I am a self inflicted refugee from many years there as a paid insider. Took on moderators when they were out of line, some were always allowed to just do or say whatever they wanted with their posts and edits of yours, and got a week off. Asked them for a full refund instead, which they gave to me and Viola, here I am! Most mods there are good..a few are just idiots. The head mod there seems to come from an education background so the safe place liberal like behavior isn't shocking. Anyway, enjoying it here much more and finding info here just as god as they had on the paid part of their site..which is why I'm a lifetime member here now!

Welcome aboard! How did you hear about Chatter? I've asked a lot of people that I know post on message boards and many (most) have not heard about this board. I've been sending IM's to a few posters over there (at swamp gas) who look like they'd fit in here (i.e. they aren't out of control sunshine pumpers).

Your safe place comment is spot on. I was a paid member over there for years (I literally started posting there within 6 months of the creation of the board - I've tail-gated w/ Ray Solari and my Gator Club hosted many of their writers over the years as guest speakers). I did the same thing as you - I got banned for a week, sometime around 2010, and said "F this! I'm out". They let the guy PD run the "insider's" board back then and I got sick of it. He's a condescending prick!

Now a days I go over there and poke-the-bear (making smart ass comments) that get them all riled up....then I laugh, and come back over here - leaving them to fume, give me 20 "dislikes" or "c'mon man" or "disagree". It's great!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard! How did you hear about Chatter? I've asked a lot of people that I know post on message boards and many (most) have not heard about this board. I've been sending IM's to a few posters over there (at swamp gas) who look like they'd fit in here (i.e. they aren't out of control sunshine pumpers).

Your safe place comment is spot on. I was a paid member over there for years (I literally started posting there within 6 months of the creation of the board - I've tail-gated w/ Ray Solari and my Gator Club hosted many of their writers over the years as guest speakers). I did the same thing as you - I got banned for a week, sometime around 2010, and said "F this! I'm out". They let the guy PD run the "insider's" board back then and I got sick of it. He's a condescending prick!

Now a days I go over there and poke-the-bear (making smart ass comments) that get them all riled up....then I laugh, and come back over here - leaving them to fume, give me 20 "dislikes" or "c'mon man" or "disagree". It's great!

C'mon man, it can't be all that bad. :wink2:

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017

I would say the recruiting forum was the only reason to be a paid subscriber and they didn't have anything that you couldn't really find on twitter. I wasn't a fan of the "these guys are better than the 3 stars they are rated as" or "he isn't that good, we really didn't want him" lines the recruiting guy there would always come up with. Sure some 3 stars can ball but this guy swore we were landing some real studs. Too full of **** for my taste.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017

PD is awful. He has to work for the UAA in some capacity because all he does is gargle whoever the current head coach is (Muschamp or Mac) and attack you if you say anything negative.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Honestly Swamp Gas has't been bad lately. More dumpers than pumpers these days.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would say the recruiting forum was the only reason to be a paid subscriber and they didn't have anything that you couldn't really find on twitter. I wasn't a fan of the "these guys are better than the 3 stars they are rated as" or "he isn't that good, we really didn't want him" lines the recruiting guy there would always come up with. Sure some 3 stars can ball but this guy swore we were landing some real studs. Too full of **** for my taste.

They use those lines here!! (the pumpers) It's ridiculous! If you want to see what signing too many 3-stars looks like, take a look at the UF football team!

PD is awful. He has to work for the UAA in some capacity because all he does is gargle whoever the current head coach is (Muschamp or Mac) and attack you if you say anything negative.

I'm not sure what his background is, but he's been posting there since damn near the beginning (joined about the same time I did). He's an arrogant know-it-all c*ck sucker for sure!

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
PD always has loved himself some PD. He was certainly one of the protected species over there, as was river and nana on the THFSG board. I found this board while searching for some info on the suspended guys. Haven't been posting too much yet, but certainly enjoy the posters here not taking themselves too seriously and the mods allowing people to choose for themselves whether or not to ignore posts they don't agree with instead of insisting on being self appointed thought police. The level of self importance over there by some Mods is hilarious! They act like they are curing cancer or something when in fact they really need something more to occupy their time IMO...

I go way back with them as well and met Ray, Franz, and Hollywood Bob for the SECCG against Arky. I really like Ray but have no idea how involved he is anymore with running the show over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.