Mac thinks he knows who the QB will be

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Remember the Grier vs Harris flip flop through 3 games?

I can't believe he'd do that again(plus one more). It'd be a disaster.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I'm not unduly worried about how Michigan might game plan for our QB. As the traffic cop says at the site if a wreck, "move along, nothing to see here." Hard to game plan for a wreck, no matter who is QB. But if this is just more of Mac's wishy-washiness, then it will be a very frustrating season when we have the ball.,

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not talking about who plays, or whether one, two, or all three of them suck. I'm talking about not revealing the starter in time for Michigan to focus their preparations on one guy.
Gotcha.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac reads this board and says stuff like this to watch Law and Co. lose their collective minds.

Yeah because Mac has outsmarted so many other top coaches. Hell, most people on here think Jimbo sucks. Our guy can't even score on him. What does that tell you? (Muschump left him with nothing is not an acceptable answer).

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

dang it, I actually agree with T Rex on something

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
While this doesn't instill a lot of confidence in our offense, whatever. I hope he does whatever he feels is necessary to move the ball and score points. 1, 2, 3, or 4. Whatever.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As if he would tip Michigan off as to who the guy is and what the game plan is against them at this stage...:rolleyes:

I really want to believe that. I do. That this is all some well thought out guise, and its accomplishing its purpose of driving our opponent crazy trying to prepare. But honestly, a 3rd straight season of this is becoming tiresome, and again I believe it's somewhat an indictment of the staff's ability to develop a QB.

I just don't think we see this happening as much with the better coaches as we've seen here at UF since 2010. And while I'm always quick to point out that Mac is responsible for merely a fraction of that time, I really miss the days when we had a well established starter, effectively announced it to the world, and then dared said world to come beat us.

Is there anything to be gained from announcing a starter? No, not really. But I also think he's completely and voluntarily boxed himself in, and now, anything less than all 3 playing--which we all can agree is a mistake--makes him lose credibility.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe an LDR/Franks combo would fool the hell out of Michigan that first game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ttled-qb-coach-jim-mcelwain-play-three-opener

The sourse is cited as the AP btw not an ESPN article.

DAMN!

"Obviously it's not ideal," Zaire said. "I don't think anybody in the quarterback room wants that. But at the end of the day, you just got to do what coach wants. I feel like coach should be confident enough to stick with a guy and be able to roll with that guy because that's best for the team. When you have all these quarterbacks, you still have none at the end of the day."

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ttled-qb-coach-jim-mcelwain-play-three-opener

DAMN!

"Obviously it's not ideal," Zaire said. "I don't think anybody in the quarterback room wants that. But at the end of the day, you just got to do what coach wants. I feel like coach should be confident enough to stick with a guy and be able to roll with that guy because that's best for the team. When you have all these quarterbacks, you still have none at the end of the day."

Zaire's comments make me even more convinced that the idea of a "QB carousel" in practice is a diversionary tactic. I can't imagine any player at the college level being allowed to make a statement like that without serious repercussions from the coaching staff. Heck, that's a pretty negative comment for a player on a professional team to make. Even if it were true I don't think Zaire would have the gumption to say it and I don't think the coaches would let him say that on the record without consequences.

Del Rio made similar negative comments in another article. While the UF media policy is not as repressive as Alabama's they also haven't been a bastion for free speech either. I just can't see players being this negative about the lack of a decision on a starter, on the record, without there being some level of complicity by the staff.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Zach was cherry picking to get attention.

Mac also said "Will all of them play? I don’t know yet. Will a couple of them play? I don’t know yet. I know we will have somebody at the position.” and "I mean the three guys have done a really good job. I’m not naming a starter right now,”.

Mac was obviously avoiding giving the press or Michigan too much info.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

DAMN!

When it was first announced that Zaire was officially transferring to Florida the local sports radio show here in Gainesville interviewed a newspaper reporter from Southbend. The reporter said that Zaire was a great teammate when he was the starter, but when he wasn't the starter Zaire sulked and stirred up trouble in the locker room. I posted on the subject back then.

It sounds to me like Zaire knows Franks has beat him out and is frustrated.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be anything but Mac.

Hilarious. Because Mac has proven...what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.