Mac will be around for a long time

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and no. He could pull in some big names, but he also lacked roster management and scouting.

I think what got Zook in trouble was losing to teams we shouldn't have. Mac may not punch above his weight class well, but we win what we're supposed to purty well. That and Zook threatened a frat.

Zook' classes:
2002 20th
2003 2nd
2004 7th

If you point to a kid and tell Mac and Zook to get him, Zook will win. Mac may be better at evaluating if we really want him or need him.

Zook also was riding the SOS wave. Not sure how well he does following Muschamp.

Regardless, recruiting should have been better, but now it is.

I think Zook was our hardest working recruiter that got those real good classes that led to the 1995 and 1996 teams.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
irregardless of the mistake some of you premadonnas are calling me out on, its all just smoking mirrors, and my point still stands

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
mac could go 0-14 and would be retained for 2018. newsflash dudes, strychnine likes mac. He will only fire him under duress.
That's fine. Im all for firing both.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even Muschamp couldn't pull off 0-14. Although he tried.
Hell Mushcrap couldnt even manage to lose Bytch Jones but Ole Butters got clownfvkked once and nearly lost twice.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just to clarify how many points/yards is a massive improvement for you. Id like to see the numbers before tue season starts and fullscale excusism returns.

As good as Kintucky (40ish) at least? Or is that another failure if you are doing it with top10-15 talent? I mean 40 used to get you fired (Zaunbrecher) but we just keep lowering the bar so Im wondering where we are now.

It depends on who is starting at QB. Zaire is the type of guy who puts up solid numbers, is efficient, and doesn't turn the ball over. He isn't going to be the guy leading a high octane offense. If he is the starter, I expect a very efficient offense that may not put up huge numbers, but moves the ball on a consistent level against good teams and dominates the vandy's. If Franks is the starter, I expect much bigger numbers including turnovers. I think a top 60 offense with Zaire and a top 50 with Franks. The goal is for UF to be ranked 25-50 on offense. They won't get any higher than that unless Mac goes to a no-huddle spread.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dido-5.jpg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It depends on who is starting at QB. Zaire is the type of guy who puts up solid numbers, is efficient, and doesn't turn the ball over. He isn't going to be the guy leading a high octane offense. If he is the starter, I expect a very efficient offense that may not put up huge numbers, but moves the ball on a consistent level against good teams and dominates the vandy's. If Franks is the starter, I expect much bigger numbers including turnovers. I think a top 60 offense with Zaire and a top 50 with Franks. The goal is for UF to be ranked 25-50 on offense. They won't get any higher than that unless Mac goes to a no-huddle spread.

But if our offense moves the ball consistently we will score points (perhaps FGs), our defense will be well rested (unlike recent times), and we will win a lot of games.

Turnovers negate all this by putting a lot of pressure on the defense and allowing opponents a short field while eliminating some points. They need to be eliminated.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For Mac's booster support = the 2017 recruit-class has provided that. The follow-through of the Corral "magnetism" will sustain all that (2018). Then there will be the couple of years of prominence on the field provided by Corral & his winning, higher scoring teams. All through those performance-years Mac's tenure should be sustained by continued hi-valued recruit classes. {If Mac trades in Nuss & Nord for some "real-deal" team coaches, he'll have some longevity-boost.} Still, Mac has to gain much lotj wisdom. And I mean 'eureka epiphonys' over what his onfield-HC, off-field-CEO brain contains now. We are still only posers poised.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
To some extent, yes it becomes easier when you've got something nice to show off to the other recruits, but let's not pretend as if the coaches are sitting back doing nothing in getting these kids, there is still work for them to do. And the fact that they are bringing in kids, and those kids turn around and start recruiting, well, it's just smart business :grin:
I agree with you I'm just hoping it's not an effect of Corral committing this class. I hope their able to pull kids every class

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Mac in only two short years, has really changed the culture at UF. I believe he's made people by in and believe in what he's doing. Winning the East twice, recruiting momentum, knowing how to manage a roster and shore up areas where we need more depth, improving and continuing to improve facilities. The program is certainly on the rise imo.

Now, I will say from the national and public perception, it comes down to wins and losses in big games. We're closing the gap, but that is why imo games like Michigan to start the season are so important for the perception of the program. A win or being very very competitive would likely put us back on the "map" so to say, but a bad loss and it's the same old narrative.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mac in only two short years, has really changed the culture at UF. I believe he's made people by in and believe in what he's doing.
Say what? I honestly haven't seen this at all. At all. We've remained unwatchable in the two years he's been here. Personally I expect to be unwatchable again this year, but I'm certainly open to being wrong.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How good of an offense do you want? Because I don't want us at a track meet this year, even if we can. We have a young defense with depth issues. Track meets mean more plays, more exhaustion and more injuries. So I don't really care how highly ranked we are, so long as we're efficient and methodical on our drives. I want the defense to have the opportunity to impact the game. If we can average 25+ while chewing the clock, we'll be fine. As the depth forms, then we can go more high powered.

I'm just sick of 3 and outs and TOs. Let's at least put some drives together.

For starters I'd like to score an offensive TD against FSU.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac in only two short years, has really changed the culture at UF. I believe he's made people by in and believe in what he's doing. Winning the East twice, recruiting momentum, knowing how to manage a roster and shore up areas where we need more depth, improving and continuing to improve facilities. The program is certainly on the rise imo.

Now, I will say from the national and public perception, it comes down to wins and losses in big games. We're closing the gap, but that is why imo games like Michigan to start the season are so important for the perception of the program. A win or being very very competitive would likely put us back on the "map" so to say, but a bad loss and it's the same old narrative.

I thought you must be coach9 for a second under a different name but i remembered he will actually critique Mac now unlike Muschamp.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For starters I'd like to score an offensive TD against FSU.
Yeah, I agree. I think if we can get something like 2 Tds and 3 Fgs we'll be in good shape. The defense isn't going to be great, but good enough in the rivalry games to win if the offense can put some drives together. So the above output and a defensive TD would work probably work out well

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
knowing how to manage a roster
No LB depth at all, and there was more depth and talent when chump left than there is now. Same with DT. Sorry but that isnt good roster management. I agree with the rest of what you said, but when you make blanket statements like this you lose all credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator