McElwain Eulogy/Presser

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That was really really painful. Reminds me of the energy old man Bowden had while addressing his team in the locker room towards the end. I'm not sure if this is an "act", but it wreaks of a guy who is being forced to fix the offense. The worst part is Nuss was given an extension so we let him go we have to pay another contract. Mac is not going anywhere either, not until the buyout is minimal. Meanwhile Roper and The Chimp are laughing at our offense. Wrap that around your head, SC has a better offense than the QB guru....:suicide:

Giving him an extension was basically stealing from the UAA. Mac should be prosecuted. Everyone knew that he had three years running of triple digit offenses. There was no reason to extend him. None. It is gross negligence by Mac and our Admin. It was a safety net for his buddy. F Mac.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Anyone know when Stricklin is gonna reach out to Chip Kelly? Seriously, fk this guy.

And yet....we will probably get embarrassed by the inbreds Saturday afternoon.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
JPhWh0.gif
This is the funniest sh!t I've seen all week!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not too hard to understand both points of view concerning Mac's presser. On the one hand, yes, a terrible storm struck the state and caused quite a bit of damage with some fatalities. Clean up, repairs, and restoration of services will take a while. We Florida residents know this scenario all too well and I'd go so far as to say that those from Central FL on down know this better than I do living up in the panhandle. But having gone through these episodes, Floridians are resilient and tough and will come back from it.

On the other hand, I think most would like for Mac to be more positive and upbeat (not silly) and not so morose. The guys are safe, gonna go through some things with their families getting back to normal. The game, if nothing else, should be a release of any tension and a return to what was normal for them. Don't be...

upload_2017-9-14_13-58-13.jpeg

Lead them with a positive energy and rise up from a very bad situation! That's what most all want IMO.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Anyone know when Stricklin is gonna reach out to Chip Kelly? Seriously, fk this guy.

And yet....we will probably get embarrassed by the inbreds Saturday afternoon.

Probably never, if or when we have a search committee they might explore the possibility with his agent, nobody in a position of authority is talking directly to him.

And I greatly doubt that he would be interested in any case, but it is worth a try. How about some reporter doing that?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was a couple of things..

1. With the Hurricane he couldn't be the usual quirky fun guy.
2. With the way they got their a$$ kicked he couldn't be that usual guy.
3. I wonder if Stricklin gave him a dressing down and told him that this game needs to be better.
4. I don't think Mac thinks this job is too big... I think he is too arrogant to believe he is failing.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's not too hard to understand both points of view concerning Mac's presser. On the one hand, yes, a terrible storm struck the state and caused quite a bit of damage with some fatalities. Clean up, repairs, and restoration of services will take a while. We Florida residents know this scenario all too well and I'd go so far as to say that those from Central FL on down know this better than I do living up in the panhandle. But having gone through these episodes, Floridians are resilient and tough and will come back from it.

On the other hand, I think most would like for Mac to be more positive and upbeat (not silly) and not so morose. The guys are safe, gonna go through some things with their families getting back to normal. The game, if nothing else, should be a release of any tension and a return to what was normal for them. Don't be...

Lead them with a positive energy and rise up from a very bad situation! that's what most all want IMO.

He could greatly benefit from a class on public speaking, his boss should insist that he take one or perhaps more in the off season if he is still employed. His press conferences have been embarrassing from the start.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch the presser because I hate watching any Mac presser, but after 4 pages here and mentions in several different threads, I decided to stomach a few minutes of it.

I think he tried to win over fans by sounding sad and empathetic towards Floridians affected by the hurricane. However, this has drastically backfired and he just sounds sad and pathetic. He acted like he's disappointed that the UT game wasn't canceled too. He certainly didn't have this demeanor when talking about LSU last year after Matthew hit. We'll lose by 4-5 TD's this weekend if he shows the same attitude and demeanor in practice.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was a couple of things..

1. With the Hurricane he couldn't be the usual quirky fun guy.
2. With the way they got their a$$ kicked he couldn't be that usual guy.
3. I wonder if Stricklin gave him a dressing down and told him that this game needs to be better.
4. I don't think Mac thinks this job is too big... I think he is too arrogant to believe he is failing.

Huge difference between serious and defeated. He sounded defeated. Any benefit of teh doubt must be earned and I can't say he has...yet.

Who knows...maybe we'll crush them.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Simple presser. Three minutes of GENUINE concern for the disruption of the player's lives and family. More minutes for GENUINE concern for all those affected. But then: "We talk about adversity. This is it." We won't ignore the realities of this storm but we will do our damndest to go out and win this game. We are committed to recovery from the storm and we are committed to our best effort on the field. ONWARD TO VICTORY. (Pound podium) Bla bla bla bla.

and yet...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
He should have said we are dedicating this game to the hurricane victims of Florida. We want to win this game to lift the spirits of the Gator Nation and all Floridians. We have heard from Irma. Now Rocky Top is going to hear from us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's a poser, always been a poser. Pumpish me took 2 seasons to fully catch-on. He has to be a poser because he believes he doesn't have what it takes to be an SEC coach ... of any type.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Smoke and mirrors by Mac... guys taking on a little more water with each passing game

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's a poser, always been a poser. Pumpish me took 2 seasons to fully catch-on. He has to be a poser because he believes he doesn't have what it takes to be an SEC coach ... of any type.
This is me as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator