McElwain v. Freeze

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120712 said:
Thank you for posting this. Everyone on the mclwain bandwagon is trying to act like the defense wasn't the star of the show when he was at Bama

So how did that work out for us here? I think the point is that UA plays good defense AND good offense - including when McElwain was there. They are currently ranked 16th in Total Offense and that was about the same when McElwain was there. It's not just the defense that has UA on a roll, it's that they are balanced.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n120718 said:
His hatred towards McElwain is screwing him up.
yeah im not sure what exactly he's doing...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Cause for concern

Brady Hoke

4-8
9-4

then hired at Michigan

Jim McElewain

4-8
8-6
10-2

All I am saying is Brady Hoke trended upwards just as McElewain is doing and look how that ended up for Michigan. There is nothing that tells me that Mac wouldn't follow the same path.

Normally if hiring these kind of coaches you go after ones who have real quality P5 wins.

Beating Boston College, Colorado and Washington State are not quality.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120757 said:
Cause for concern

Brady Hoke

4-8
9-4

then hired at Michigan

Jim McElewain

4-8
8-6
10-2

All I am saying is Brady Hoke trended upwards just as McElewain is doing and look how that ended up for Michigan. There is nothing that tells me that Mac wouldn't follow the same path.

Normally if hiring these kind of coaches you go after ones who have real quality P5 wins.

I'll play. Meyer:

Bowling Green
8-3
9-3

Utah
10-2
12-0

Florida - Two National Championships.

Yeah, that was a bad hire as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's no freaking comparison to Meyer and mclwain. I see nothing simular. The truth is Mclwain is the fat chick you leave with at closing time because everyone else turned you down

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120757 said:
Cause for concern

Brady Hoke

4-8
9-4

then hired at Michigan

Jim McElewain

4-8
8-6
10-2

other than record for that specific time period how can you even compare the coaches? Have they even worked together? Hoke was a HC for a long time before michigan so using 4 years just at michigan against the first 3 years ever for McElwain makes no sense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120802 said:
There's no freaking comparison to Meyer and mclwain. I see nothing simular. The truth is Mclwain is the fat chick you leave with at closing time because everyone else turned you down

I still think he's a better prospect than Gundy.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n120802 said:

But even the fat chick will put out. Just saying.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120802 said:

My point is that your point doesn't really prove a point. :) McElwain was successful in the SEC as an OC under one of the premier coaches in college football and played a huge part in winning two NCs. There is nothing on Brady Hoke's past history of coaching that would have led most to believe he could turn around Michigan, yet they must have thought so. Comparing the two makes little sense. I'm not a huge fan of McElwain, but I'd probably be more happy as him as our new HC than other potentials. He does meet much of the criteria.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n120808 said:
I still think he's a better prospect than Gundy.

Based on what?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120836 said:
Based on what?

Based on my belief that Gundy is what he is. He's won exactly 1 conference title in his 10 years at Okie State. He's the Mark Richt of the Big 12. I don't know why you're so enamored with him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n120847 said:
Based on trophy cases?

Gundy actually has a conference title and a bcs bowl win. Also a higher winning percentage. Mclwain s trophy cases are pretty empty at csu.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120859 said:
Gundy actually has a conference title and a bcs bowl win. Also a higher winning percentage. Mclwain s trophy cases are pretty empty at csu.

But trophy cases are for the entire career, not just one school. McElwain has a NC trophy in his case, does Gundy?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n120861 said:
But trophy cases are for the entire career, not just one school. McElwain has a NC trophy in his case, does Gundy?

They give coordinators the trophy? Good to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.