Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What evidence does anyone have over their feelings.....at this point it's all subjective about Mullen.
Actually it isnt subjective. His past losingn SEC record, inabilitiy to.complete forwards passes, losing to South Alabama, these things are objective.

He is an azzhole is subjective.

The good news is that, subjectively, there appear to be enough Bull Gators pissed at this hire that Foley Jr Stricklin wont get a chance to fvkk it up twice.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I would say.....

If you are not part of the solution, please don't actively be part of the problem....

Mullen was not my first choice, but he's here and I'm going to go with him until proven otherwise, I would have supported every candidate on anyone's list except Lane Kiffen......

If you are totally against the Mullen hire, fine go right ahead, but don't actively try to undermine him......sit back and watch, if in a couple of years hes fired, fine yell at the top of your lungs....I TOLD YOU SO......

This X 1000%

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The good news is that, subjectively, there appear to be enough Bull Gators pissed at this hire that Foley Jr Stricklin wont get a chance to fvkk it up twice.
Hope you're right. We've got to get an AD in that knows how to present and execute a vision and sell that to not only the boosters, but also coaching candidates and players. We are a decade or more behind. We need someone who can get the program moving explosively. I think what we've learned is that Scott Stricklin is not that guy.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
SS and crew did exactly what many here said he would do. He blew it big time. He should not be in charge of hiring anyone besides maybe his secretary. Now, all we can do is hope and pray cousin Eddie can figure it out.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
SS and crew did exactly what many here said he would do. He blew it big time. He should not be in charge of hiring anyone besides maybe his secretary. Now, all we can do is hope and pray cousin Eddie can figure it out.

Kind of what you expect when you hire an AD-In-Training. I thought we learned our lesson with Head-Coaches-in-Training with Muschamp, but I suppose we need to keep poking ourselves in the eye with a hot poker every few years because we forget so easily.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
ZqZfef1.gif

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I would say.....

If you are not part of the solution, please don't actively be part of the problem....

Mullen was not my first choice, but he's here and I'm going to go with him until proven otherwise, I would have supported every candidate on anyone's list except Lane Kiffen......

If you are totally against the Mullen hire, fine go right ahead, but don't actively try to undermine him......sit back and watch, if in a couple of years hes fired, fine yell at the top of your lungs....I TOLD YOU SO......
Agree... Otherwise we start to look like Auburn or Alabama... JFC, it's college Football and after the last 8 years, i look forward to offense again!

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
I'm pulling for him to win the presser today. It's a huge test and will be a good indicator of his leadership ability. If he can take command of that room and send a hopeful, positive message to the fans, players, and recruits I will be greatly encouraged.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm pulling for him to win the presser today. It's a huge test and will be a good indicator of his leadership ability. If he can take command of that room and send a hopeful, positive message to the fans, players, and recruits I will be greatly encouraged.
I guess. I'm not holding out much hope at all. This guy at this price looks really bad...not as bad as UT's mess. Thank God for UT.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, he already did it in that embarrassing statement! One thing that Mullen has never been accused of is playing "fun" football.

Maybe not, but there’s certainly been a hell of a lot more successful downfield passing at MSU than at UF for almost the last decade.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hope you're right. We've got to get an AD in that knows how to present and execute a vision and sell that to not only the boosters, but also coaching candidates and players. We are a decade or more behind. We need someone who can get the program moving explosively. I think what we've learned is that Scott Stricklin is not that guy.
How did we learn SS isn't that guy? Just curious. Foley made the past hires and put facilities in the dumpster. SS is moving facilities forward and has made TWO hires (football and women's basketball) and there's almost no data to support that either one is a failure in their current roles at UF.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A C+ hire, made quickly to mollify the masses in the wake of the epic Chip Kelly swing/miss and to mitigate embarrassment so UF would not look like Tennessee, flailing about in their own putrescence. At least Mullen knows what he is getting into, so there is that.

One other annoying thing is that I will always have to double-check if I typed his name correctly, Mullen v. Mullin -- It puts him above Butters, but well below Pell, Hall, Spurrier, Zook and even Muschamp. Heck, I'll even toss Gary Darnell in there. Didn't even have to spell check those names -- feels good.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
stricklin won the presser after firing mac... how'd that turn out?

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017

If you are totally against the Mullen hire, fine go right ahead, but don't actively try to undermine him......

How in the world are we undermining Mullen?!? We don't like the hire--with good reason--but we're not sabotaging him. We all want to be wrong and have it work out, but come on, man, we're not undermining him and we're not "part of the problem." We're voicing our displeasure on a message board. .

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Would love to see the amazing list of hires you would have made after CK and Frost declined to join. SS did exactly what he needed to do. He went all in on Chip Kelly, even flying the entire UF brass to demonstrate commitment, but Chip did not want to come here and ended up going to UCLA. If he didn't do that, everyone would be holding pitchforks and would have been accused of "not going all out on Chip". Neither Taggert nor Norvell excite me at all. Mullen IMO is a safer choice with what we were left with given the number of coaching jobs available today.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently scoring 40+ points a game, deep downfield passing, and innovative offensive schemes aren't exciting. QB runs up the gut, passing offenses ranked in the 100s nationally and averaging 150 yards through the air when you have a supposed "stud" at the qb position is though. Yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.