Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I was wondering if anyone caught the “champions of life” comment. My reaction was ohhhh lord not champions of life....but I thought he killed that PC. Happy to have Mullen and GO GATORS

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
BE excited that Butters is gone! We won't hear preddy kewl when we beat a team. Mullen will have this team knowing they should win.We will have a coach that when he was here won national championships and helped produce one of the best offenses since Spurrier left. We will not have Nuss or Nord. Or we will suck and you can still be miserable.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don't equate supporting the new coach--whose staff already looks light years better than previous years--with being ok with mediocrity. He's hired now. If he turns out to be mediocre, he'll be run out of town, likely along with his pal AD. But the toxicity at this point just doesn't serve anyone, imo.

The ut job looks like an absolutely horrible place to coach. Not because their fans want to win, but because they become so irrational that they don't even look like human beings any more. What happened yesterday is really historic, and not in a good way. There's passion and then there's insanity. I don't want to be perceived as anything like that. We have Mullen, there are real reasons to believe he could be successful here, and I think people need to relax a bit. We've talked about cleaning house at the highest level. If DM succeeds, great. If not, a 4th straight bad hire will accomplish that cleaning. In any event, I think we stop being embarrassed on a weekly basis and up the talent level for the next guy.

On a national level, this is viewed as a great hire. And not just because our rivals want us down. It's a general sentiment. Not Kelly, not Frost, but really good nonetheless. For us to have differing views on it is understandable. But some of these reactions make us look like the crazy people in Knoxville who can't get out of their own way.
THIS^

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you are a true Gator, then you will give Mullen a chance to do his job. If you are not a true Gator, you will continued to piss and moan trying to drag the program down even more. Mullen is the new head coach of the Gators and no amount of pouting and vicious criticism is going to change that. As some "source" was quoted about CK on this board a few days ago, it is a done deal. Only this time the "rumors" are true so get used to it and try to embrace our new coach and the team for the good of the program. We need all the positive vibes we can all muster up. Time for allus to climb back on the wagon. Go Gators.
bag-of-dicks-eat-you-must.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I would say.....

If you are not part of the solution, please don't actively be part of the problem....

Mullen was not my first choice, but he's here and I'm going to go with him until proven otherwise, I would have supported every candidate on anyone's list except Lane Kiffen......

If you are totally against the Mullen hire, fine go right ahead, but don't actively try to undermine him......sit back and watch, if in a couple of years hes fired, fine yell at the top of your lungs....I TOLD YOU SO......
It’s what fans do. You’ll never get a fan base to sing kumbaya in harmony, brother.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Egg bowl was Thursday
i wish he had claimed they called on wednesday and used that as an excuse for losing to an interim HC, and not the brightest, playing with a backup QB the whole game.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
That's true. Even in 2008 when we were steamrolling everyone there were people complaining.
There was a melt down on campus when we lost to ole miss that year. A lot of people thought “The Speach” was a joke to the university. Winning championships fixes everything

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Spurrier told him to knock it off, he didn't want he job.

The first part I suspect is true. The second part I suspect is wishful thinking on your part. Brindise did not make up his tweet. The treatment of Steve Spurrier by UF is an embarrassment to all of us.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I was wondering if anyone caught the “champions of life” comment. My reaction was ohhhh lord not champions of life....but I thought he killed that PC. Happy to have Mullen and GO GATORS

When I heard him say "champions of life" I said you shouldn't have said that. But like you said he recovered and did an impressive job at the press conference. He seemed sincere. I thought he handled some tough questions well like his explanation of his wife's comments about Florida fans and his previous relationship with the Mississippi State players.

I was never really big on the flashy hire of Chip Kelly. I was for Scott Frost. I'm fine with Dan Mullen. People don't realize how good of a job he did at Mississippi State. That program came a long ways under Dan Mullen. To get State to number one in the nation which they reached, if only briefly, is something that I thought I would never see.

Go Gators!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Looks like you guys all ate it up so more power to you. To me he looks and sound exactly like the same a-hole we couldn't wait to get rid of the last time he was here. I honestly can't stand the look of his face or the sound of his voice as he feigns Gator pride while pocketing at least 30 million dollars of our money. What do you think represents how he truly feels, what he says when asked about the University when he is or isn't getting paid the king's ransom? How anyone could think this clown is worth 6 million a year and a 12 million dollar buyout (which we will be begging Sticklin to pay in about 2 years) is beyond me.

Enjoy your Mullet. There's a reason they smoke the crap, because it stinks.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They went after Kelly, they went after Frost, both good coaches and at the same time trying to please the fan base. They were not interested right now, considering where we are and where they are. The next level of coach available was going to have pros and cons and was not going to unite the fan base. And here we are with one of them.
Truth.

He can win most of it if he can land a top 5 class and get some offense going next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator