Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does that mean they gently knocked once on Frost's door and left? Sounds like SS was dead set on Mullen and the Frost "sit down" was just a reach around for the fans.
Straight out of the Foley handbook, fly to Oklahoma, fly to Denver, then fly to Zook, the guy you wanted all along.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard for me to believe but a lot of people are happier going thru life, angry, miserable and complaining about everything......I don't live that way.....

REMOVED

I'll say it again: knock this crap off. No reason to turn on each other over this nightmare.

If you can't handle it, step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
REMOVED

I'll say it again: knock this crap off. No reason to turn on each other over this nightmare.

If you can't handle it, step away from the keyboard for a bit.

I rest my case....all over the hiring of a FOOTBALL COACH....

Last edited by a moderator:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If you are a true Gator, then you will give Mullen a chance to do his job. If you are not a true Gator, you will continued to piss and moan trying to drag the program down even more. Mullen is the new head coach of the Gators and no amount of pouting and vicious criticism is going to change that. As some "source" was quoted about CK on this board a few days ago, it is a done deal. Only this time the "rumors" are true so get used to it and try to embrace our new coach and the team for the good of the program. We need all the positive vibes we can all muster up. Time for allus to climb back on the wagon. Go Gators.
I must have missed the announcement that you had been named emperor of Gator Fandom and are the final arbiter of what constitutes a "real Gator fan." Some of us want the Gators to succeed and can see through a bad hire and call it what it is. In case you haven't noticed, your line of thinking has lead us on an 8 year wander through the wilderness of irrelevance in college football. But hey, you're a "real" fan because you're ok with it. Trust the process and all that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure the same people said the exact same things when Chump and Mac were hired.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Wow, reading a lot of these posts and it sounds like we're becoming Tennessee fans. Not good. Go Gators.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At least he didn’t have watery eyes and look like he was about to cry like a little girl... I’m going to hold him to using whatever we have to score TDs. Get on the road Mullen, you have some living rooms waiting.Go Gators!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow, reading a lot of these posts and it sounds like we're becoming Tennessee fans. Not good. Go Gators.

I don't equate supporting the new coach--whose staff already looks light years better than previous years--with being ok with mediocrity. He's hired now. If he turns out to be mediocre, he'll be run out of town, likely along with his pal AD. But the toxicity at this point just doesn't serve anyone, imo.

The ut job looks like an absolutely horrible place to coach. Not because their fans want to win, but because they become so irrational that they don't even look like human beings any more. What happened yesterday is really historic, and not in a good way. There's passion and then there's insanity. I don't want to be perceived as anything like that. We have Mullen, there are real reasons to believe he could be successful here, and I think people need to relax a bit. We've talked about cleaning house at the highest level. If DM succeeds, great. If not, a 4th straight bad hire will accomplish that cleaning. In any event, I think we stop being embarrassed on a weekly basis and up the talent level for the next guy.

On a national level, this is viewed as a great hire. And not just because our rivals want us down. It's a general sentiment. Not Kelly, not Frost, but really good nonetheless. For us to have differing views on it is understandable. But some of these reactions make us look like the crazy people in Knoxville who can't get out of their own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator