Not open for further replies.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154104 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Coach Mac isn't telling these guys any of that. :rolleyes: What do you think he's discussing with them, the weather?

I nominate this for dumbest post of the year.

That's a pretty big accomplishment with this crew.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We don't have a ticker on the front page counting down the days to Feb 4? We need one, so we can properly pace ourselves over to the cliff before we jump off on that Wednesday.

In a related note, Feb 4 is NSD....but it's the 'initial' day, or first official day. It doesn't mean everyone signs that day, just that it's the first day where a verbal commit can be sent in as *official* and their souls can then be collected by the corresponding university. The real kicker is that they have nearly 2 moths before the *FINAL* day to submit their letters of intent. The final day? Oh, that would be April 1. How's that for a kicker? You think a recruit might be trolling for attention now? What about that 5* that gives a wink and a nod to who he will play for, but holds out on announcing anything until the last day....how many coaches would he send to on April Fools?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
oxrageous;n154104 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Coach Mac isn't telling these guys any of that. :rolleyes: What do you think he's discussing with them, the weather?

I nominate this for dumbest post of the year.

I second the nomination....

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
dubster1;n153836 said:
I got a question, ,how can you grow up a gator fan and go to fsu,uga,Alabama, Auburn.
Well, in Derrick Henry's case Muschamp told the greatest HS running back he was going to be a line backer.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we will get some commits prior to NSD, but I don't see any of the big guys committing... they want the speculation and attention and in all honestly... they have earned it, so I have no problem with them having their fun.

I hope they end up Gators.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
biggator6;n154049 said:
Also the whole thing about Tebow recruiting for Ohio State is nauseating and should practically disqualify him from ROH. Someone from the school should tell him to cut that **** out. Hell, if Urban had half a shred of morals HE would tell him to cut that **** out.

This!!!

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
biggator6;n154049 said:
I'm as big a fan as you'll find - but I really didn't give a crap about college football before I watched my first game in the swamp.

Yeah that's true for me as well, but if we were big-time HS football players good enough for the next level, we would have given multiple craps before then...

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
TNgator20;n154156 said:
I know this ship already probably has sailed...its just hard to let it go.

He's the one guy of the Chump trio I still respect, but he won't be missed for long.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n154156 said:
GatorNation‏@KB_Gators 11h11 hours ago
Saw @ByronHawkStar99 at the airport. He's excited about going to Auburn. Good luck my friend. On to other recruits.

I know this ship already probably has sailed...its just hard to let it go.

Why do you think the ship sailed? Have you heard an official commitment... has h canceled his visit to UF?
Byron Cowart @ByronHawkStar99 · Jan 16

People on the outside looking in and bad thing is i haven't made my choice yet #deletingtwittersoon

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Not sure if he canceled yet...there was talk that he was going back to the trailer park this weekend. I just saw on his twitter that it "appears" he is trying to recruit Ryan Davis to AU saying #familyfirst and other crap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Such BS from these guys...."haven't made my choice yet". :rolleyes:

Of course he's made his choice. But if he announced it, all the attention he's clearly eating up would stop. I despise this process and think it brings out the worst in these kids.

They intentionally string several fan bases along and get their kicks doing it. I have no respect for it.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Yeah the recruiting process has become a joke of "Which fanbase can we troll the most" this process basically. And people continuously feeding these guys ego's only fuel them more.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gatorfan81;n153952 said:
Tebow always was coming here he just doesn't like letting people down or saying no to people. Which is why he cried so bad during the sec championship game he felt like he let his team and all of Gator nation down. Cause like OX he loves each and everyone of you. :grouphug:

Then we can add "bold faced liar" to his list of attributes, because he's stated several times that it was the most difficult decision he'd ever made, that up until the morning of his announcement he still didn't know where he was going, and that if not for Meyer he probably would not have come to UF. And if you recall, when he gathered himself following that SECCG loss, he sought out the Alabama AD to personally congratulate him, largely due to the relationship he'd built during recruiting and the respect he had for their program. In short, a guy who helped us win 2 titles and whose number is on probably 80% of the UF jerseys today, probably wouldn't have been a Gator if their hadn't been a coaching change, and if that change hadn't been such a huge upgrade.

And when you consider that plenty of kids were watching him and wanted to go where he went, wouldn't it have been better for us if he'd committed months earlier? Is Spikes not a true Gator because he was simply following Tebow wherever he went?

For that matter, virtually every one of our big stars throughout history took their visits and gave numerous rivals an honest look befire ultimately choosing UF. Does that make them any less of a Gator?

As someone pointed out above, we see things through fans' glasses. It's not that simple. And quite frankly, I'm ok with that. Plenty of kids who grew up bulldog/nole/cane fans have come to UF because we were trending and it looked like a better place to be than those places. We need to right the ship and make those kids want to buck the trend as we have in the past.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I agree Ox...this crap drive me nuts! I'm going to quit trying to decode all the BS and leave it for what it is....which is BS. They aren't coming so I don't have to worry about giving my hopes up. We need TRUE gators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator