Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2014
Another week of no commitments. Starting to wonder if our head coach is the right guy. I get that it's an uphill battle, and I get that he was behind the eight ball to a degree, but he also has the ability to tell recruits that the nightmare of Muschamp is over. He has the ability to tell recruits that he's the only head coach in the SEC (outside of Butch Jones and maybe Saban) that's guaranteed to be around for awhile). He has the ability to guarantee early start time on offense. He's gotten one three star commitment in a month. Holding on to our current verbals is going to get tougher too. And they are no great group.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we might get Lewis the RB or the CB who is not "soft" committed to Kentucky.

The key thing is getting Cowart, Jefferson and Ivey on campus this weekend. If we get Cowart to come to Gainesville we have a chance.

If you gave me the choice between all three I would say Ivey is the most important due to need. Would love any of them.

Dec 10, 2014
ATXGator;n154020 said:
I think we might get Lewis the RB or the CB who is not "soft" committed to Kentucky.

The key thing is getting Cowart, Jefferson and Ivey on campus this weekend. If we get Cowart to come to Gainesville we have a chance.

If you gave me the choice between all three I would say Ivey is the most important due to need. Would love any of them.

I think the problem with Cowart, Jefferson, and Ivey is that they are big-time recruits. Big-time recruits want to invest in a great situation. I think all three want to come here, but they want to see some affirmation and commitment from other people first. That just isn't happening.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Agreed ATX. I think we might do better on the offensive side of the ball...however, I don't think Jaason Lewis brought parents on his UF trip. Maybe that's a bad sign on that dude.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Just let it play out until signing day guys. We're still in the hunt for guys like Ivey, Jordan Cronkite, Deondre Francois, and Jordan Scarlett. I know it seems like panic time but NSD could be a great day for Gator Nation.

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n154022 said:
I think the problem with Cowart, Jefferson, and Ivey is that they are big-time recruits. Big-time recruits want to invest in a great situation. I think all three want to come here, but they want to see some affirmation and commitment from other people first. That just isn't happening.

I hear ya, but they should be the leaders then and others will follow. But they want their spotlight.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n154041 said:
As a corollary, does anybody know how Harbaugh is doing?
Probably getting one of our main targets in Auden Tate and that is about the extent that I know of.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
For all of you talking about how you're such huge gator fans and you could never play anywhere else.. remember that most of you are fans because you WENT to UF, not the other way around. I'm as big a fan as you'll find - but I really didn't give a crap about college football before I watched my first game in the swamp. Half of my classmates were miami 'fans'.. because they were good at the time.

Also... this isn't an emotional, 'I'm a fan' decision for these kids.. it's literally a contract that they have to adhere to for the next few years and a decision that will seriously affect their ability to play professionally. You also may be a 'fan' of the local school which may not have great academics.. or it doesn't have the major you want to study.

There's a lot more that goes into it than just being a fan.

Also the whole thing about Tebow recruiting for Ohio State is nauseating and should practically disqualify him from ROH. Someone from the school should tell him to cut that **** out. Hell, if Urban had half a shred of morals HE would tell him to cut that **** out.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think a lot of it will come down to NSD for us. Surely the recruits need to get to know the coaches. Most schools have years of rapport with them and UF has weeks if not days.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n153949 said:
Not me (despite the fake quote above). I can't figure out facebook, much less twitter /oldfart. Still, I can work my way around a message board. I might have to entertain myself by making up quotes for the next few days just to keep ya'll guessing (like I have any kind of source)

Well you faked the quote, so I think you've got it figured out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n154003 said:
Another week of no commitments. Starting to wonder if our head coach is the right guy. I get that it's an uphill battle, and I get that he was behind the eight ball to a degree, but he also has the ability to tell recruits that the nightmare of Muschamp is over. He has the ability to tell recruits that he's the only head coach in the SEC (outside of Butch Jones and maybe Saban) that's guaranteed to be around for awhile). He has the ability to guarantee early start time on offense.
Yeah, I'm sure Coach Mac isn't telling these guys any of that. :rolleyes: What do you think he's discussing with them, the weather?

I nominate this for dumbest post of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.