Robinson re-tweet

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I hope this isn't true. Jeff is the guy that threw all those passes to D.Rob allowing him to break a single game receiving record last week. How quickly the young forget...
Numbers don't mean anything when you lose

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
With all the issues around this team, a tweet from a WR is probably the least of our problems. He's frustrated just like the rest of us.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think in reality he has already lost the team today. .They may try to hold together another game. They are not running the game that the players built their hope and confidence around,- the approach coaches hyped all year and that the players bought into. It seems to me, each game has gotten farther away from that model. I know muschamp's patter has. On top of that, some of these guys will have had varying degrees of being let down by adults, authority figures saying one thing and not following through.

Also read that Muschamp said something , maybe today on TV (?) similar to What we need to do now is stay the course
. No mention of QB change ( no sruprise there) and said they would be teaching tackling this week.

As an edit, I want to add, I think the team will try to hold together, but I think he has about sucked the heart out of them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
I'm not surprised. He lost the locker room in 2012 and in 2013. I also saw where guys were saying that some of their teammates looked like they quit yesterday when they got down...in the 3rd game of the year. It's become an annual thing under this regime. He cannot manage a major football program.
no way, it was at least game 4 last year before the team quit! ;)

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad said:
I think in reality he has already lost the team today. .They may try to hold together another game. They are not running the game that the players built their hope and confidence around,- the approach coaches hyped all year and that the players bought into. It seems to me, each game has gotten farther away from that model. I know muschamp's patter has. On top of that, some of these guys will have had varying degrees of being let down by adults, authority figures saying one thing and not following through.

Also read that Muschamp said something , maybe today on TV (?) similar to What we need to do now is stay the course
. No mention of QB change ( no sruprise there) and said they would be teaching tackling this week.

As an edit, I want to add, I think the team will try to hold together, but I think he has about sucked the heart out of them.
Muschump is such an idiot

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
We've all seen...particularly in college football. When the starter is having a bad game, the backup comes in to try and mix it up a little bit. If successful, great. If not successful, well at least you tried and you can then put the starter back in. To do nothing, and watch your team lose all hope in the middle of the game, is just wrong.

DRob's tweet is a bad move...think it but don't say it...you still have to be a good teammate.
this is true, does anyone else honestly think that a different HC in charge of driskell playing like he did saturday would have left him in there w/o seeing what someone else could do? at least to try and start a spark or maybe give the starter a few minutes to collect himself and discuss with the asst coaches on the sidelines whats going on and what he's seeing out there??? It couldn't have been much worse for him, what was there to lose with trying something different? What is it with muschamp and his inexplainable ability to continue to do the same thing over and over and over... definition of insanity. DEFINITION OF INSANITY!!!

ok, rant over, flame on if you must.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n57910 said:
Did you see Driskel's post-game comments? The curtain behind him has more personality. I'm guessing he's not burning it up with leadership in the locker room. DRob shouldn't have tweeted that, and it is a bad omen for the cohesiveness of this group. They didn't fall apart this early last year.

Who ever said that Jeff has to have a stage presence, and that that translates to leadership. We don't really know what goes on in the locker room, or on the practice field. I'm not saying that Jeff is the answer, but as a former Army officer, I know that leadership is not necessarily a "rah-rah" thing. There are a lot of quiet leaders out there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n58047 said:
Who ever said that Jeff has to have a stage presence, and that that translates to leadership. We don't really know what goes on in the locker room, or on the practice field. I'm not saying that Jeff is the answer, but as a former Army officer, I know that leadership is not necessarily a "rah-rah" thing. There are a lot of quiet leaders out there.

In sports the quiet ones usually only get real leader respect from their performance on the field so that probably leaves Driskel out for the most part I would think.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n58047 said:

As a former Marine Officer I would say that even though cameras are always on JD I never see him doing anything that looks like leadership. I see some management at times but that's it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad said:

Teaching tackling 4 years in to his tenure at UF. What a joke! Ge this guy the **** out of here PRONTO!!!

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He calls it the way he thinks he sees it. I don't always agree with him, but we must try to respect our member's opinions. I think if we do some things well on the field and present a better product, lots of opinions will change...we just don't know when the hell that will be!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.
I agree with you 100%, but I have to admit I laughed reading this from you. *sniffle* you've come so far, sas. lol

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
:dance2:

But seriously, WTF was he thinking? I mean, we're operating under the assumption he wasn't thinking, but just in case he was, WTF was he thinking? The last thing the team needs is noise from within. Yesterday's performance is going to bring the heat from fans and boosters, but if these guys want to get this season back on track, they need to stick together, not start with this petty infighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator