Robinson re-tweet

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.
When do we start punishing our head coach for his mistakes?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
For all of you who think DRob forgot JD made his a star the week before, did it occur to you that DRob is thinking about what is good for the team and not himself?

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair to JD, I truly believe that if Mush Dog had been the head ball Coach when Tebow arrived at Gville, he never would have let him run the ball. For that matter, if Mush had been the HBC when Danny played, he probably would have installed the wishbone and elected not to pass. There is some truth to the fact that player development is another shortcoming.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator charm said:
To be fair to JD, I truly believe that if Mush Dog had been the head ball Coach when Tebow arrived at Gville, he never would have let him run the ball. For that matter, if Mush had been the HBC when Danny played, he probably would have installed the wishbone and elected not to pass. There is some truth to the fact that player development is another shortcoming.
Understatement --->There is some truth to the fact that player development is another shortcoming.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:
Jeff is a hopeless pile of shiiit at QB. You and Mushchimp are the only ones who aren't aware of it.

Drob changing his tweet doesn't change anything.

Jeff Driskel is a Gator. He may not be the best Gator QB we've ever had, but he's still a Gator. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call a young man who has suffered numerous injuries while trying to help our Gator football team win games names like that. It's highly insulting to a young man who has been nothing short of an outstanding ambassador for our great university. If you can't see that, you have some anger issues you could stand to have addressed.
I agree with this post. The kid tries his hardest. If he isn't good enough then it is on Muschamp to sit him, but you don't call the kid names when he is giving 100%. Would you rather have Jameis? He is a better QB than Driskel, but a complete moron.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n58047 said:
Who ever said that Jeff has to have a stage presence, and that that translates to leadership. We don't really know what goes on in the locker room, or on the practice field. I'm not saying that Jeff is the answer, but as a former Army officer, I know that leadership is not necessarily a "rah-rah" thing. There are a lot of quiet leaders out there.

To be a "quite leader" one must lead with his/her exceptional abilities. Driskel hasn't shown those abilities. It really got me during the Kentucky and Bamer games when I saw Jeff sink in to his own world, caring nothing for his teammates. When you're a leader, you take care of your soldiers first and you do everything you can to make sure they walk away from each battle. Jeff seems to be concerned with himself, period. Tim was the ultimate leader, because he knew that he was a part of a unit and he made sure the other guys, even on defense, knew that he was in the foxhole with them.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator said:
Lots of things to work on. Lots of players need to step up. This is a team mess but they are growing into a new system on O so it may take a bit. Tied in the 3rd on the road against number 2 shows some promise. I know we are better this year as a team than last but the biggest thing is to get the guys bought in. There is no room at all for D Robs comments. Us 20-60 year old message board guys can coach and fire everyone but those actually living this thing need to keep their head in it
Promise? That game would have been 56-0 had Bama not tried to make it interesting. We had 200 yds of offense and gave up the most in history. REPORT TO CARROUSEL IMMEDIATELY!!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't like the division any more than the next guy. But this is what happens when a coach loses a team. They no longer trust what he's telling them, nor do they believe in his decisions. As much as I'd rather our guys not tweet at all, and dislike the distraction that Robinson created, I can't blame him (or any other player) for being frustrated. Remember this was the guy that was in the doghouse all last year because of "attitude issues". Seems pretty obvious to me that, unlike his head coach, he has a problem with his team losing.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I know in this day an age at Florida that the most popular person on the football team is the back-up QB. We have been saying that since Terry Dean. However, besides Tebow what have they done for us? Look I know I have been pumping Driskel and he played horrible, but do you really think throwing in a true Freshman will save our season? If you look at that game from the other night there were some critical dropped balls that could've kept a few drives alive and kept us in the game. Will changing the QB fix that? I don't think so. Driskel plays bad in tough games...I get it... but IMHO if we throw in a true Freshman QB right now we are giving up on our chances to win the East which is full of unknown teams just like us. :pumper:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n58556 said:
I know in this day an age at Florida that the most popular person on the football team is the back-up QB. We have been saying that since Terry Dean. However, besides Tebow what have they done for us? Look I know I have been pumping Driskel and he played horrible, but do you really think throwing in a true Freshman will save our season? If you look at that game from the other night there were some critical dropped balls that could've kept a few drives alive and kept us in the game. Will changing the QB fix that? I don't think so. Driskel plays bad in tough games...I get it... but IMHO if we throw in a true Freshman QB right now we are giving up on our chances to win the East which is full of unknown teams just like us. :pumper:

I watched other games and saw dropped balls and saw QBs that drove on and played well and QBs that had touch on their passes unlike Driskel. I also saw freshman out there playing with field awareness unlike Driskel. If our secondary improves I think we are definitely better off with a true freshman than Driskel just like we were with Murphy before he injured his shoulder.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NCOGator;n58556 said:

As I've said in other threads, if WM was on better footing, he'd bite the bullet the way Zook did after just one SEC loss in 2003. No way he could've predicted we'd finish as strong as we did. But he recognized that Leak was the future and wanted that future to start as quickly as possible.

I've certainly not been a Driskel basher, and do think he's probably the safest play. But that's really a short-sighted view point. Players came to UF to play with Leak. Same with Tebow. And if we hadn't completely imploded last year, they were doing the same with Grier. Players want something to get excited about, and JD is not accomplishing that. At least a FR would create some reason for excitement, both for the current players as well as guys looking to come here.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Muschamp will come down with esophageal spasms and have to spend more time with his family.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n58565 said:
At least a FR would create some reason for excitement, both for the current players as well as guys looking to come here.
Hell, and the fans as well.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Zach recently posted an article calling for Driskel to be benched. In my opinion, Muschamp mustered some support among alumni and former players by hiring Roper during the offseason. All of that support will disappear if he doesn't make a change at QB. He has to decide between his job and loyalty to Driskel.

Aug 5, 2014
GatorSteve said:
Folks shouldn't be shut down for speaking truth. I agree with D Rob. We need a change at QB. There is nothing more terrifying than the prospect of having to watch Ol #6 driskel up another season of Gator football.
Come on, a change at QB? That would not fix the clown of an idiot who is stealing millions per year. This program is being run further into the ground day by day.....Just what exactly did he work on last week? He said they moved Cooper around a little more than they were doing. Hmmmm, maybe they had some coaches with actual game plans....

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
NCOGator;n58556 said:

What on earth makes you think a freshman will do any worst. :kick:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Bullag8r;n58595 said:
Zach recently posted an article calling for Driskel to be benched. In my opinion, Muschamp mustered some support among alumni and former players by hiring Roper during the offseason. All of that support will disappear if he doesn't make a change at QB. He has to decide between his job and loyalty to Driskel.

I read this after seeing your post. I'm not saying that I am on hold heartly benching Driskel, but he made a great argument. His comment on putting him at the Wildcat and see how it goes from there.....I might be a fan of that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n58556 said:

nobody is saying a true freshman is going to save our season. We are saying it can't be any worse and it's time to start building for the future. With or without driskel this team probably won't make a bowl game.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.
I will take his immaturity over the immaturity of Winston.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
NCOGator;n58556 said:

I think it is about putting the player in that gives us the best chance to win. I have no idea is Harris is that guy. I certainly liked the two passes I saw against the high school team but maybe he is still making a ton of mistakes in practice. I have confidence in Roper and like someone else said I would like to see the future get started now instead of when Driskel leaves. Driskel will not get any better in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator