Roper press conference notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Hopeful
oxrageous;n65862 said:
More photos of me would help. I'm very attractive.

staryeyes.gif

Jenny On The Railroad

HogtownGator;n65864 said:
I have a couple:

1. Delete posts that use the word vagina as a synonym for incompetence and weakness.
2. Stop with the big-titty avatars. I don't care how you spend your sexy-time, this is sports.

Those two ideas are good. It does make a board more female friendly and respectful.

Jenny On The Railroad

VulcanAlex;n65867 said:
I wonder if a series of educational posts especially focused on female fans would be a decent idea, sort of like what UF does in person. I do know many females that think football is just about being big and strong, we know better.

not sure what UF does, but that might be worth a try. Where would you put it where women not already reading forum would see it?

I suspect , lack of time is a factor. I know my sister is an avid sports fan, but never goes online and hasn't got much time- dong laundry, etc a 9pm weekdays.

Women already reading the forum may decide to start posting as they see that the men here are not dismissive of women posters ( at least based on gender,, which you aren't as a group) and show a respectful attitude- which is the overall feeling I get here. HogtownGator's suggestions are good.

I don't remember remember if the registration process here records gender, but if not, there could be more women on here than you think.

GatorStud

Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Great, our new Offensive Coordinator already has the dreaded w.muschamyopia condition.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Jenny On The Railroad;n66117 said:
not sure what UF does, but that might be worth a try. Where would you put it where women not already reading forum would see it?

I suspect , lack of time is a factor. I know my sister is an avid sports fan, but never goes online and hasn't got much time- dong laundry, etc a 9pm weekdays.

Women already reading the forum may decide to start posting as they see that the men here are not dismissive of women posters ( at least based on gender,, which you aren't as a group) and show a respectful attitude- which is the overall feeling I get here. HogtownGator's suggestions are good.

I don't remember remember if the registration process here records gender, but if not, there could be more women on here than you think.

Hopefully some of the guys will read them too. Many really don't understand the game much more than their wives or girlfriends. They think they do, because they're a guy. But they really don't.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
Coach9;n66155 said:
Hopefully some of the guys will read them too. Many really don't understand the game much more than their wives or girlfriends. They think they do, because they're a guy. But they really don't.

A lot of truth in that statement.

Himey

Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
I think you need thick skin to post on this board, which is how we like it around here. If a girl won't post here b/c of boobs on someone else's avatar, then this board is probably not the right place for them. People like this board b/c we can be ourselves, cut up and have fun. PC doesn't belong here and might chase off some good posters.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Gatorchatter, like all other fan message boards, is 95 - 98% male, which is really never going to change. The vast majority of women simply don't care for message boards, for reasons only they know. My wife, who is a HUGE football fan, has absolutely no interest in ever posting on a forum.

Alagator

I have a couple:

1. Delete posts that use the word vagina as a synonym for incompetence and weakness.
2. Stop with the big-titty avatars. I don't care how you spend your sexy-time, this is sports.

Well, who knew HogtownGator was a woman?

G 2

Gator Great
Lifetime Member
I have a couple:

My avatar is a Gator Cheerleader which is just as relevant to sports as yours. If it keeps women from posting here then I assume that the same women can't goto a Gator game, the beach, gym or a variety of other locations.

ReelGatorDoc

Well, if in the Tenn game...Driskel turns and ankle / gets a concussion...playbook ready or not...it's the Harris QB show

for better or worse

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
no objection to dropping #1 but always thought that was a reference to a cat. guess i need to get my mind in the gutter with everyone rlse.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
threatmatrix;n66347 said:
no objection to dropping #1 but always thought that was a reference to a cat. guess i need to get my mind in the gutter with everyone rlse.

You thought vagina was a word for cat???? :lol:

I appreciate the endorsement of my #1 suggestion. As for #2, personally, I don't let the boobiness get in the way of participating, but a lot of women would. I don't think it is over the top and I turn off signatures so I probably miss a lot of it. When I first joined GSMB (on Jan. 4, 2002) there were a number of women there. I became friends with several of them off line, so I can tell you that when the site changed and every other post included an image of half-naked woman all of us left.

I went to a couple of RZ's women's football clinics (fun!). I love the game, but I'm sure I will never understand it to the degree that many of you do because I didn't grow up playing it. Everything I know about football I learned from RZ & staff, GSMB, and GC so go easy on me.

Post all the ta-ta's you want in your signatures, fellas!

Alagator

HogtownGator;n66373 said:
I went to a couple of RZ's women's football clinics (fun!). I love the game, but I'm sure I will never understand it to the degree that many of you do because I didn't grow up playing it. Everything I know about football I learned from RZ & staff, GSMB, and GC so go easy on me.

:shocked:

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
HogtownGator;n66373 said:
You thought vagina was a word for cat???? :lol:

I appreciate the endorsement of my #1 suggestion. As for #2, personally, I don't let the boobiness get in the way of participating, but a lot of women would. I don't think it is over the top and I turn off signatures so I probably miss a lot of it. When I first joined GSMB (on Jan. 4, 2002) there were a number of women there. I became friends with several of them off line, so I can tell you that when the site changed and every other post included an image of half-naked woman all of us left.

I bet you know more than a lot of the male posters around here.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Guys, I don't allow pictures in signatures, so you don't have to worry about turning them off for that reason. They do nothing but clutter up a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator