Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The hell they didn't.. we had receivers running wide open all night - but nobody could get them the ball!
This x1000. It was easy to see everytime theyd show plays down the field that we had guys wide open every play. I watched a breakdown of some of the plays this morning and the consensus was that fsu secondary barely covered anyone the whole night and that a mediocre qb with those called plays could have thrown for 300+ yards. Just because Mac doesnt abandon all semblance of 21st century offense and start running the wishbone or triple option doesnt mean they are morons.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like wind sprints to get you excited for more.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For anyone who thinks this isn't Mac's fault, they are misguided. I'm not saying he needs to be fired. I think he's a good coach and will do great things here, but I started to realize something. We've seen this before. Let's put a square peg into a round hole. Urban did it with Leak and again with Brantley, Muschamp did it with Driskel and now Mac with Treon.

I think Treon is playing like complete **** right now, but we saw him do some great things at times last year. I just think his confidence is shot. Mac wants someone who can stand in there and read progressions and sling from the pocket. Treon just can't do that. I'm not saying to change the playbook, but you can change your approach with Treon. For one, don't make Treon think he has to make so many reads. Look at your primary and then your secondary and then haul ass.

Something I saw last night was Treon running to his check down. Why the hell was he running to the guy he was going to throw to? The ball will get there faster by throwing it and you won't be bring the entire defense to your receiver. It was just really awkward.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry Crete I have to disagree with ya. We sat there all night screaming McGee, Thompson, etc every time they were open. And the OL did give Harris more time than in any other game this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those wanting to run the wildcat, didn't we almost beat a very good USCe team 2 years ago this way. It may be something that can be incorporated. Also, I liked the uptempo we tried to run for a series. I actually seemed to help Treon get in rhythm.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter who. Grady, I would assume. Give him all the first team reps this week and throw him out there. Someone new may at least give us a 1% chance to win. It's 0% with Harris. Mentally, he is DONE, and Mac has to know that.

Same with Hardin. There is no reason for Hardin to ever attempt another kick for the Florida Gators. Put in the dentist and be done with it.

Discuss.

I'd be willing to let Hardin take the snaps & Treon try kicking it at this point. It couldn't get any worse.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That's accurate. I have to laugh at some of the people on this board, people who earlier lauded the balanced and practical playcalling, now inferring Mac and Nussy as brain dead.

Not sure if your comment was referencing my post above about Nuss or not but to your point, about play calling, I think people are frustrated that the play calling hasn't been changed to account for the limited skill set of our QB and other players haven't been given a shot at QB to jump start the offense. Bottom line is that if the coaches aren't willing to make a change at quarterback (and yes they are better able to judge whether a change should be made based off what they see at practice and in the games) then they need to call plays that the guy they are sticking with can execute. Calling plays where we get receivers running wide open (like last night) doesn't do us any good if Treon can't get the ball to them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For anyone who thinks this isn't Mac's fault, they are misguided. I'm not saying he needs to be fired. I think he's a good coach and will do great things here, but I started to realize something. We've seen this before. Let's put a square peg into a round hole. Urban did it with Leak and again with Brantley, Muschamp did it with Driskel and now Mac with Treon.

I think Treon is playing like complete **** right now, but we saw him do some great things at times last year. I just think his confidence is shot. Mac wants someone who can stand in there and read progressions and sling from the pocket. Treon just can't do that. I'm not saying to change the playbook, but you can change your approach with Treon. For one, don't make Treon think he has to make so many reads. Look at your primary and then your secondary and then haul ass.

Something I saw last night was Treon running to his check down. Why the hell was he running to the guy he was going to throw to? The ball will get there faster by throwing it and you won't be bring the entire defense to your receiver. It was just really awkward.

That's a good analogy (square peg, round hole) and a reasonable post, alcoholica. I was thinking the same earlier this morning. At this point, it probably can't hurt to try something a little different.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the love of Pete, people, we're less than one year into a massive reclamation and rebuilding project. The previous doosh not only ran the program into the ground, but he managed to stomp on and sh!t on the very spirit of the Gator Nation. Words cannot describe how truly awful he was and if you need a reminder, go watch his "performance" in the 4th quarter of yesterday's Iron Bowl. (seriously, that dude needs a good ass kicking)

And, just when some momentum was building on a special season, we hit a massive bump in the road - apparently at one of the Gainesville GNC stores. And yet and still, we won the East and 10 games. We beat the Humpers and continued the streak against the Chuggers. Our two losses came against top-25 teams. Mac is one of 3 coaches to win an SEC division in his first year. CUM didn't do it. Mac won 10 games in his first year. SOS and CUM couldn't do it.

What the hell more do you want?? In Year One of a massive rebuild??

Treestump is undersized and can't make many of the throws. When he does throw the ball he is usually wildly inaccurate. He is slow at making his reads and when he does finally decide where to go with the ball, he has much taller defenders in his face - or he throws into coverage. He is a poor facsimile of an SEC-caliber QB and no amount of coaching is going to change that. There are too many problems with Treon to mold him into an SEC QB. But given he hasn't been yanked, he must give us the best chance to win.

So, we end up having to "coach around" our QB with a poor OL that can't run block and doesn't have the credible threat of a passing game to take pressure off the run game.

Yes, we've looked awful on offense in recent weeks, but really, what could we expect with the personnel we have on offense and with our stud QB in PED prison??

Yet we've won 10 games. 10 friggin games! Mac is a friggin miracle worker.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To some of the members here, it's not so much where you end up, it's how you arrive. The car's throwing oil.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the love of Pete, people, we're less than one year into a massive reclamation and rebuilding project. The previous doosh not only ran the program into the ground, but he managed to stomp on and sh!t on the very spirit of the Gator Nation. Words cannot describe how truly awful he was and if you need a reminder, go watch his "performance" in the 4th quarter of yesterday's Iron Bowl. (seriously, that dude needs a good ass kicking)

And, just when some momentum was building on a special season, we hit a massive bump in the road - apparently at one of the Gainesville GNC stores. And yet and still, we won the East and 10 games. We beat the Humpers and continued the streak against the Chuggers. Our two losses came against top-25 teams. Mac is one of 3 coaches to win an SEC division in his first year. CUM didn't do it. Mac won 10 games in his first year. SOS and CUM couldn't do it.

What the hell more do you want?? In Year One of a massive rebuild??

Treestump is undersized and can't make many of the throws. When he does throw the ball he is usually wildly inaccurate. He is slow at making his reads and when he does finally decide where to go with the ball, he has much taller defenders in his face - or he throws into coverage. He is a poor facsimile of an SEC-caliber QB and no amount of coaching is going to change that. There are too many problems with Treon to mold him into an SEC QB. But given he hasn't been yanked, he must give us the best chance to win.

So, we end up having to "coach around" our QB with a poor OL that can't run block and doesn't have the credible threat of a passing game to take pressure off the run game.

Yes, we've looked awful on offense in recent weeks, but really, what could we expect with the personnel we have on offense and with our stud QB in PED prison??

Yet we've won 10 games. 10 friggin games! Mac is a friggin miracle worker.
Great post.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To some of the members here, it's not so much where you end up, it's how you arrive. The car's throwing oil.

Remember how you felt last year? Especially right after the Mizzou debacle? With a less-than-full stadium and no hope?

Man, we've come a long way in a very short period of time.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I hope the majority of posters calling for Mac's head after a 10-2 regular season and SEC Championship game appearance in year one are sterile.

I couldn't do much more than alternate between cussing and laughing during the game last night. I knew that performance was coming from this team, I just figured it would be on December 5th.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the majority of posters calling for Mac's head after a 10-2 regular season and SEC Championship game appearance in year one are sterile.

:rotfl:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember how you felt last year? Especially right after the Mizzou debacle? With a less-than-full stadium and no hope?

You're preaching to the choir.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

I'd have been thrilled with 8 wins, 2nd in the East and an Outback or Citrus Bowl appearance.

We're still in position for a Sugar Bowl appearance. Let that sink in.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harris is bad, but if we had a better option, I'm sure he would be on the field. There is no better option...yet. Next year is a different story.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Square peg in a round hole....whatever. Y'all are blaming mac for not being able to plug a hole the size of the Grand Canyon with a toothpick.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was blessed to be traveling and it probably saved my TV and other household items. losing to the women beaters, in the Swamp, in a game that was winnable is borderline unforgiveable. But Mac gets a pass from me this year due to the dumpster fire he inherited. That said, I was happy when Treon's first two passes went for TD's, I thought we had a replacement for Driskel, and i was right, we replaced one head case with another. Treon has become worse with each passing week ( I know Treon and passing don't belong in the same sentence). It is unfathomable that a school like UF doesn't have several QB's on the roster that can throw it to open receivers.

Just making it to Alanta for the beatdown will go a long way to helping this team for their 2017 NC title run. I am in the camp that let Treon run, if he gets hurt we have a better excuse of using a walk-on 3rd string QB for the loss.

I hope offensive recruits see the chance to play and weren't turned off by the performance ineptness they saw.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I have two thoughts this morning:

1. McElwain can forget about being chosen Coach of the Year.

2. There is a strong likelihood that Treon will be carried off on a cart before the end of next week's game.
It's possible if the coaches let him do what he's actually good at, but there is no choice if we want to have any chance of staying within 3 TDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.