Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And since that's the case, it is on him to find a way to get it done and rise above it. He just hasn't been able to do it. I still say the team is aware of the situation and they will be ok with going in a different direction next year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So basically you're saying Jimbo is as stupid as Richt (okay I'll give you that's not a far leap) and wouldn't have adjusted if we ran every down. Do you think our average would still be 5 yards per carry if we ran every down? The pass, or at least the threat of a pass, sets up the run. It works both ways.
There is a reason we had WR's open all night last night....because they were smart enough to figure out that our midget QB couldn't see them....in other words they didn't care about our guys being wide open....and we still averaged over 5 yards a carry.....you don't have to be a genius to play those odds, yet somehow our coaches neglected to notice and take full advantage.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is it a fact that at least ten of those 40 "rushes" were passing plays where treon simply wasn't able to throw the ball? Or is that just a myth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monkey myth. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's Will Grier's team. :shake:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Part of me wishes Mac would just run the ball every play next week so we can all see it would result in nothing and then Crete would shut up :facepalm:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We got 134 yards on those 38 passes and 136 yards on the 40 carries.

And that's the problem. Averaging 3.5 yards per pass is abysmal. A good game passing wise is when a QB throws for, what, 250-275 yards and if a guy goes for 300+ yards passing everybody is singing his praises. With that math, we would have needed to average basically double what we did, about 7 yards per pass to really think we had some success throwing the ball.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
At this point, can we really call Treon "dual-threat"?

Yes we can. He can eff us up and shiit the bed in games where he turns the ball over and he can eff us up and shiit the bed in games like last night where he was turnover free.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Part of me wishes Mac would just run the ball every play next week so we can all see it would result in nothing and then Crete would shut up :facepalm:

To be fair Durty I didn't say EVERY PLAY, I said he should not be throwing the ball more than a dozen or so times per game.... I'm not sure we'd average 5+ yards per carry against Bama.......BUT if we were would you EVER want to see Treon attempt more than a token few passes in the game?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And that's the problem. Averaging 3.5 yards per pass is abysmal. A good game passing wise is when a QB throws for, what, 250-275 yards and if a guy goes for 300+ yards passing everybody is singing his praises. With that math, we would have needed to average basically double what we did, about 7 yards per pass to really think we had some success throwing the ball.
It's even worse than that. With the sacks considered, we got about 5.3 yards per running play and about 2.6 yards per passing play.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It's even worse than that. With the sacks considered, we got about 5.3 yards per running play and about 2.6 yards per passing play.

That's true but I didn't want to confuse Law so I kept it simple by using his figures. The point is still glaringly obvious...the passing game sucked and Kelvin Taylor had a very good game running the ball.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think if Treon had a broken throwing arm and was for some reason the only player we could put behind center some dumbasses on this board would want him to try and throw the ball left handed instead of us just running the ball......Like if we had won they wouldn't count it or put an asterisk next to it because we didn't throw the ball enough times :ohnoez:
Go back and watch the FSU-GT game....even Clemson didn't take control in their game with FSU until they started running almost every play in the second half.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
To be fair Durty I didn't say EVERY PLAY, I said he should not be throwing the ball more than a dozen or so times per game.... I'm not sure we'd average 5+ yards per carry against Bama.......BUT if we were would you EVER want to see Treon attempt more than a token few passes in the game?

We attempted only 17 passes vs FAU. How'd that work out for us?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know....were we averaging 5+ yards a carry in that game also?
Our problem is mostly in the red zone. We have been able to manufacture enough drives to get into scoring range with our play calling, but we bog down when we get in the red zone. Between our kicking situation and the QB play, it's been a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.