Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No way, Taylor sucks. I read it here.
You've been cracking me up dude. You spent the entire offseason bitching about how awful all the hires were, how we were going to win 4 games, blahblahblah. Now all you do is crack on other posters who you think are being too negative.

:suicide:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, what an..ox-y-moron.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know....were we averaging 5+ yards a carry in that game also?
We averaged 3 yards a carry. Against FAU. FAU. But the game plan that barely beat a crappy FCS team should work against a ranked rival? And sweeps every down might work. Or bubble screens. Hell anything might work. I just don't see any evidence to support that it would. I see evidence that mixing pass and run netted us 5 yards a carry though.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Has anyone else heard Grier is not coming back? According to the grapevine and I believe the source was Steve Russell, he is not practicing currently. I guess he went to the World Series and has been in NC a lot. Russell said he did not feel that he would return. I asked Goldkamp and he said he has seen him around Gainesville but that is all he would say. I would think if he was not practicing some local media source would break that news. Just wondering if anyone else heard that info?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone else heard Grier is not coming back? According to the grapevine and I believe the source was Steve Russell, he is not practicing currently. I guess he went to the World Series and has been in NC a lot. Russell said he did not feel that he would return. I asked Goldkamp and he said he has seen him around Gainesville but that is all he would say. I would think if he was not practicing some local media source would break that news. Just wondering if anyone else heard that info?
I haven't heard anything but he'd be stupid to try and go elsewhere. Unless he went to a smaller school he'd have to sit out yet another year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He told Mac he'll be back the Friday before Mizzou and to have his playbook ready for him at that time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reading this thread is like a trip into bizarro world.

We've got people blaming Mac for doing yeoman's work this year. He patched together our offensive line in the span of a few months using spit and a wish. He had nothing at all to work with. Nothing. And he still has nothing. And what's with Law continuing to defend Treon for the same things he blasted Driskel for? Where are the never ending threads about his inadequacies?

Treon is not a good QB. It's obvious he's too short and doesn't have the kind of quick release and arm strength needed. This is news to no one. That said, until we get an offensive line worth a crap we'll struggle I don't care who the QB is. It's obvious that Grier's quick release and ability to make all the throws helped cover up for our o-line deficiencies earlier in the year.

Against FSU I saw one of our 300 pound tackles get straight up planted on his ass by a 220 pound LB. I saw us give up sacks having a 5 to 3 advantage. I saw DE's running unabated to the QB. I saw a total inability to pick up a blitz. And none of this is new. We've had a poor to middling o-line for years. I am still baffled how we sent guys to the pros the last couple years.

Mac's number one priority in recruiting should be planting himself and his coaches on the doorsteps of the ten best o-linemen in the country and refusing to take "no" for and answer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You've been cracking me up dude. You spent the entire offseason *****ing about how awful all the hires were, how we were going to win 4 games, blahblahblah. Now all you do is crack on other posters who you think are being too negative.

:suicide:
:burn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And what's with Law continuing to defend Treon for the same things he blasted Driskel for? Where are the never ending threads about his inadequacies?

Treon is not a good QB. It's obvious he's too short and doesn't have the kind of quick release and arm strength needed. This is news to no one. That said, until we get an offensive line worth a crap we'll struggle I don't care who the QB is. It's obvious that Grier's quick release and ability to make all the throws helped cover up for our o-line deficiencies earlier in the year.

Against FSU I saw one of our 300 pound tackles get straight up planted on his ass by a 220 pound LB. I saw us give up sacks having a 5 to 3 advantage. I saw DE's running unabated to the QB. I saw a total inability to pick up a blitz. And none of this is new. We've had a poor to middling o-line for years. I am still baffled how we sent guys to the pros the last couple years.

You answered your own question about Law. He's only defending Treon because of the poor play of the O-Line. However, that same logic would apply to Driskel because we had a poor O-Line with him but logic doesn't apply to Law. He'll be the first to tell you Chump didn't recruit any O-Line worth a toot while he was here. That's completely correct, but don't use that crutch to defend Treon because the Dude is flat out garbage.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Enough with this foolishness-posting. We have a coach's QB-choosing to solve.
Here's what is most likely happening :
In practices, when Treon is at QB, our stellar D takes it easy, doesn't really rush him,
don't put their hands up, while the DBs poorly cover receivers. Voila, completions.
And when the backups get their chance, the D goes full-on, rushing fiercely, flinging
hands up. The DBs are blanketing all receivers, nobody is open. Backups do poorly.

That's what's happening here.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He only had 2 weeks. It shouldn't count at all, even though he still managed to squeeze out a top 20 class. You just can't please Gator fans unless you're winning the SEC and NC every year and scoring eleventy billion points while the teams we play don't gain a single offensive yard or score a single point

FIFY.

Even then, guaranteed someone would b!tch that we didn't score eleventy billion and one.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I understand the love that Mac is getting for the 10 win season. Me too, Woo Hoo.

What I don't understand is posters being bashed for criticizing Mac's coaching the last four games. You can trash Treon but you can't trash Mac's coaching. BS!!

Mac is running the same offense with a 5'10" "running" QB as he did with a classic "pocket" QB. And when it was apparent weeks ago that it's not working, no change. Same QB, same offense, same lousy offensive performance and ultimately getting pumked by the Noles. No ones calling for his firing, but criticism for not doing something different, hell yes.

We may still lose to Bama, but barring a Treon, light coming on, miracle, if we trot Treon out there running the same offense against Bama, we certainly lose. Against Bama, I am hoping to see some innovation and improvisation; different QB, different scheme, trick plays, a fullback, I don't know, something different. Failure to innovate and improvise is a reason for criticism.

Go Gators!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reading this thread is like a trip into bizarro world.

We've got people blaming Mac for doing yeoman's work this year. He patched together our offensive line in the span of a few months using spit and a wish. He had nothing at all to work with. Nothing. And he still has nothing. And what's with Law continuing to defend Treon for the same things he blasted Driskel for? Where are the never ending threads about his inadequacies?

Mac's number one priority in recruiting should be planting himself and his coaches on the doorsteps of the ten best o-linemen in the country and refusing to take "no" for and answer.

That was Halter against 210lb Derwin James, Safety. Ridiculous.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the love that Mac is getting for the 10 win season. Me too, Woo Hoo.

What I don't understand is posters being bashed for criticizing Mac's coaching the last four games. You can trash Treon but you can't trash Mac's coaching. BS!!

Mac is running the same offense with a 5'10" "running" QB as he did with a classic "pocket" QB. And when it was apparent weeks ago that it's not working, no change. Same QB, same offense, same lousy offensive performance and ultimately getting pumked by the Noles. No ones calling for his firing, but criticism for not doing something different, hell yes.

We may still lose to Bama, but barring a Treon, light coming on, miracle, if we trot Treon out there running the same offense against Bama, we certainly lose. Against Bama, I am hoping to see some innovation and improvisation; different QB, different scheme, trick plays, a fullback, I don't know, something different. Failure to innovate and improvise is a reason for criticism.

Go Gators!

Heard this on local radio this morning. We are expecting Treon to be a drop back passer and he isn't.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Go Gators!

What else should Coach Mac do, we have designed roll outs that aren't really working because of the Oline and Treon's decision making. We have quarterback runs which have been hit and miss. Do you expect he to create a completely new offense for a player during the season for one player? Do you think it is that easy? Treon's not a drop back passer, but even when they have designed roll outs his decision making is horrible. FSU took away a few of the designed rollouts by having their DE's contain Treon before he could get outside. Coach Mac was left $hit on the depth chart at both Oline and obviously QB. But yes, during the season, lets scrap the offensive system which all the young players are learning and institute a complete spread read option system. I think you are asking a lot of this staff and the players if you think that would logically happen.

Coach Mac has his flaws, but asking him to change an offensive system in mid season is just ridiculous. He is trying to building something, unfortunately we do not have the depth and talent right now to endure injuries at certain positions.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not Mac's fault, it's Treon's. As a defense all you have to do is contain him in the pocket and make him throw and he's beat......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.