SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n120658 said:
It never used to really happen. We went down right at the wrong time. We still could have saved things last year. oh well.

I agree fully on needing to make the move a year earlier, and have stated as much a thousand times. But I think, if these reports are true, that Freeze is just happy at OM. I don't think it has anything to do with where we're at. A good coach, similar to recruits at times, will see a once proud program and relish the idea of rebuilding it to glory--if they aren't completely content where they're at.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120657 said:
@FootballScoop: I spoke with several sources at Ole Miss following report Hugh had an offer from Florida. An update on Hugh Freeze http://footballscoop.com/news/update-hugh-freeze/

Okay, Jeremy, do you want him? Do you REALLY want him? He's reported being raised to 4 mil by Ole Miss. Offer the guy 5 million. Make it 5.5 if he says no again. Make him absolutely turn you down. The extra mil won't hurt in the long run compared to another mistake.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120665 said:
We could not match $4MM? Are we that cheap?

I think it was more 4 million was enough to keep Freeze who loves his state.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n120673]

Okay, Jeremy, do you want him? Do you REALLY want him? He's reported being raised to 4 mil by Ole Miss. Offer the guy 5 million. Make it 5.5 if he says no again. Make him absolutely turn you down. The extra mil won't hurt in the long run compared to another mistake. [/QUOTE]

I hope he does that extra mile with a few other coaches before he does it with Freeze.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n120673]

Okay, Jeremy, do you want him? Do you REALLY want him? He's reported being raised to 4 mil by Ole Miss. Offer the guy 5 million. Make it 5.5 if he says no again. Make him absolutely turn you down. The extra mil won't hurt in the long run compared to another mistake. [/QUOTE]

The problem isn't UF or money...Freeze is happy where he's at. It's not us, it's him.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n120669 said:
I agree fully on needing to make the move a year earlier, and have stated as much a thousand times. But I think, if these reports are true, that Freeze is just happy at OM. I don't think it has anything to do with where we're at. A good coach, similar to recruits at times, will see a once proud program and relish the idea of rebuilding it to glory--if they aren't completely content where they're at.

This^^. If he choses to stay, it says nothing about UF and more about him and where he places OM. Ole Miss was his dream job and it likely still is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n120673]

Foley offered him $1.5m and a broken whiteboard.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n120678 said:
The problem isn't UF or money...Freeze is happy where he's at. It's not us, it's him.

It's time to find out how happy. Money talks. The rest usually walks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n120684]

It's time to find out how happy. Money talks. The rest usually walks. [/QUOTE]
Agreed. This "home" nonsense needs to be put to bed. It's about money. If Freeze wasn't getting a huge raise he would have already been on a plane by now. Mississippi is a dump and Freeze knows it better than anyone since he's from there.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree...I think "home" means a lot to him and his family. But at least you are consistent...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120667 said:
@imbillmcneal: .@pat_dooley on @1010XL said the bad info he put out there on McElwain was that his buyout was an issue. Found out that wasn't true. #Gators

This is horse ****. Mclwain won't last 3year's here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120687 said:
Agreed. This "home" nonsense needs to be put to bed. It's about money. If Freeze wasn't getting a huge raise he would have already been on a plane by now. Mississippi is a dump and Freeze knows it better than anyone since he's from there.

If he thought his home was a dump why wouldn't he leave

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, I get the feeling that Ox believes Mississippi is a dump...But there are worse places to live in the world than Oxford.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120687 said:

I don't think he's ever really lived outside of that area. It's home. Not sure how you put it to bed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n120717 said:
So, I get the feeling that Ox believes Mississippi is a dump...But there are worse places to live in the world than Oxford.
Agreed...Jackson, Merdian, Vicksburg...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n120725 said:
I don't think he's ever really lived outside of that area. It's home. Not sure how you put it to bed.
A letter of permission from his mother.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n120727 said:
Gundy wouldn't last 2

Well he's got a better winning percentage than mclwain

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
MJMGator;n120727 said:
Gundy wouldn't last 2

McElwain is nothing more than Brady Hoke.

Gundy has actually won a lot of big games, can you find a quality win under McElwain?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120737 said:
McElwain is nothing more than Brady Hoke.

Gundy has actually won a lot of big games, can you find a quality win under McElwain?
Big games? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member