Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n118018 said:
WVU was 1st game of the season.
Last year was a "down year" for Bama.
2012 was the first year Sumlin-TAMU was in the league. If the game had been 5 minutes longer Bama would have won. TAMU had ridiculous luck at the beginning of that game.
2008 was another uninterested team by Bama.
Spread offenses only beat Bama when they have a down season or are uninterested.
See a pattern here.

You related to Saban?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n118017 said:
Yeah, but he's 2-13 in the SEC. Cross him off the list.

Yeah but he beat the hell out of your guy so what now ?
Listen, you can't compare the 2 because one has only coached here(SEC) for 2 seasons, and I just proved his situation was 10x worse.
He also has more overall coaching experience, won more championships and beat SEC teams in bowl games.....please stop !!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n118023 said:
Yeah but he beat the hell out of your guy so what now ?
Listen, you can't compare the 2 because one has only coached here(SEC) for 2 seasons, and I just proved his situation was 10x worse.
He also has more overall coaching experience, won more championships and beat SEC teams in bowl games.....please stop !!!

You didn't prove anything. Your opinion is not proof of anything and frankly I give it little value. You were still singing praises to Wm up until about a month ago. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n118018 said:
WVU was 1st game of the season.
Last year was a "down year" for Bama.
2012 was the first year Sumlin-TAMU was in the league. If the game had been 5 minutes longer Bama would have won. TAMU had ridiculous luck at the beginning of that game.
2008 was another uninterested team by Bama.
Spread offenses only beat Bama when they have a down season or are uninterested.
See a pattern here.

This might be the worst argument I've ever seen. Congrats

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n118020 said:
You related to Saban?

No but I like his LOS coaching mentality...Also have you noticed that it seems to take every team in CFB to win an argument against him.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n117954 said:
Other than a few good years at Ole Miss, what has Freeze done that makes him so popular?

He's young, he has a very solid offensive background, he's got SEC experience, he's got two years of previous head coaching experience, and he's proven to be a superb recruiter. And to those who keep dismissing what he's done at Ole Miss, once again, I urge you to look at the previous two years at Ole Miss before his arrival. They were 1-15 with the lone win being a "slugfest" squeaker over Kentucky. They we're 0-8 in the year before Freeze took over with an average losing score of 40-12, yes they lost every SEC game by an average of 4 TOUCHDOWNS! To go from that, to a #1 ranking, a victory over a top-ranked Bama team that put a humiliating ass-kicking on us, to a team that has been contending and respectable and certainly hasn't lost 8 SEC games by 4 td's since his arrival.

If he can do that at Ole Miss, he can win the SEC at Florida and get us back to annual juggernaut status.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This beleima vs freeze argument is dumb anyways. Freeze is the only candidate of the two

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n117998 said:
Where is this thread going? Are peeps gonna be bummed or ecstatic with this hire?

I'll be very satisfied and optimistic for the future if we were to hire Freeze. I think our recruiting would pick up immediately. Hope it happens and soon. We could do a lot worse than Freeze, and only slightly better.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n118026 said:
This might be the worst argument I've ever seen. Congrats

It's all at least as true as your Gundy cover up for his 6 game losing streak...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n118031 said:
I'll be very satisfied and optimistic for the future if we were to hire Freeze. I think our recruiting would pick up immediately. Hope it happens and soon. We could do a lot worse than Freeze, and only slightly better.

You and me both. I'd be pumped. if Morris takes the smu job and we hire freeze I bet we get mcloud and cain

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n118030 said:
This beleima vs freeze argument is dumb anyways. Freeze is the only candidate of the two

I'm guilty of not reading every post in every thread so apparently I missed the Beleima argument. Why would we want to hire him? Beleima is a Muschmap clone in many ways starting with an archaic offensive philosophy. If we hired Beliema I would literally give up my season tickets and watch from home. No way in hell am I driving 4 hours every weekend to watch us win, or lose, 14-10, week after week.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n118024 said:
You didn't prove anything. Your opinion is not proof of anything and frankly I give it little value. You were still singing praises to Wm up until about a month ago. :lol:

How is any of that opinion and not proof.
78 proved there was less talent.
Freeze 3 years at OM and BB 2 years at Arky.
Undeniably worse off field issues with coach scandal and every other player in trouble with law.
BB has more experience and has won Big 10 championships and bowl games.
Look up their injury report last year.
Pal I'd suggest cleaning the impacted fecal matter from between your ears and hope that not the only thing there....

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we end up with Brett Beleima, we absolutely, positively should have kept Will Muschamp. Beleima would be a horrific hire. He's a freaking meathead, stuck in a 1980's Big Ten style of offense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n118049 said:
How is any of that opinion and not proof.
78 proved there was less talent.
Freeze 3 years at OM and BB 2 years at Arky.
Undeniably worse off field issues with coach scandal and every other player in trouble with law.
BB has more experience and has won Big 10 championships and bowl games.
Look up their injury report last year.
Pal I'd suggest cleaning the impacted fecal matter from between your ears and hope that not the only thing there....

Like I said, you still wanted WM up until a month or so ago so your opinion is worthless.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some Miss sports radio show was saying they wouldn't be shocked if Freeze came to UF that the Miss AD a month or so ago was on with them saying they were negotiating a raise with Freeze and it would put Freeze in the area of 4 million probably but that if someone offered him in the 5 million area and he accepted they probably would pat him on the back and thank him for a job well done.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n118052 said:
If we end up with Brett Beleima, we absolutely, positively should have kept Will Muschamp. Beleima would be a horrific hire. He's a freaking meathead, stuck in a 1980's Big Ten style of offense.

Don't worry DC, I don't think he coming....Despite beating the hell out of our "new coach" last week with half the talent and in November when games really matter. But Foley obviously has his mind made up. This is just for all of the new found "Freeze pumpers". Something to debate while we wait for the announcement.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Anyone that doesn't think Beliema is a top coach doesn't understand the game. His style of offense just is not a fit for this fanbase or the best utilization of in state talent.
The fact that he kept his kids believing through that long conference losing steak speaks volumes. We won't want to play Arky going forward. That game will always be a pain in the ass.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n118058 said:
Don't worry DC, I don't think he coming....Despite beating the hell out of our "new coach" last week with half the talent and in November when games really matter. But Foley obviously has his mind made up. This is just for all of the new found "Freeze pumpers". Something to debate while we wait for the announcement.

Jimbo Fisher's Noles beat Gus Malzahn last year for the title, so would you rather have Fisher as coach over Malzahn? Frank Beamer beat Urban Meyer, but I'd rather have Urb over Beamer. And using your analogy, Freeze beat Saban, so how do you square that? Muschamp beat Richt.

My point is, you can't place all your emphasis on head to head match-ups, there is way more to the story. I respect your opinion, but Beleima would be a big fat HELL NO for me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n118061 said:
Anyone that doesn't think Beliema is a top coach doesn't understand the game.

Agreed. It was obvious in September even before they started winning.

Plus you have to give the fat, bald dude with a big nose extra credit for going to Vegas and coming home with a stripper. That being said, if that doesn't say "Arkansas" I don't know what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator