Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n118012 said:
Guys, I get it. You don't like Freeze. We can argue all week long and no one's opinion is going to change. Like many of us have said, he's certainly not our top choice but we'd support the hire as we would with anyone else. How fuggin hard is that to understand?

It's the arguments like proping up what he did at Ole Miss like no one has done it before there. It's the hypocriscy of some people who used to say you can't blame Meyer for parts of Muschamps record then continuing to point out the season before Freeze took over. It's the double standards we are seeing in these posts where everyone is looking at him as a young offensive mind, but people are forgetting how do to his philosophy or his recruiting he has a one dimensional offense, which honestly we have seen the last 4 years. Arkansas's players said in pregame interviews last week, they didn't have to worry about the run. Just like our opponents didn't have to worry about the pass. I don't follow recruiting other than the final standings, but those so far outside of one year haven't been that out of sync with Ole Miss for the last 15. His game management in close games is as questionable the coach we just got rid of. Some of us are just pointing out red flags, that other seem to want to gloss over and then when facts are point out the responses are generalities instead actual statements to defend.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n118002 said:
What makes it so much worse is that the playoffs and tv contracts kicked off right when we were plunging. What to speak of the fact that the money advantage that we used to have to lure coaches has completely gone away.Al it takes now is one billionaire booster to get a $4MM coach at a tiny school that nobody has heard of. Luckily we are still in the SEC so we still have that going for us.

My view of this is that I really hope Freeze can make this work. Two bad hires in a row, then we will be Tennessee, who used to be big back in the day, but nobody ever talks about them now.

Freeze will be an upgrade regardless. My fear is we have seen the best of his ingame management. If that is the case, we will be in the Zook years again, or the 80's where we are continuing to say next year. Money is still a factor as the fact that as an Athletic Association we are one of only 8-10 university who annually make a profit. But the money is becoming more normalized.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n118017 said:
Yeah, but he's 2-13 in the SEC. Cross him off the list.
Whose team would you rather take into next season, Freeze's or Bielema's?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n118104 said:
Whose team would you rather take into next season, Freeze's or Bielema's?
Freeze. And it's not close.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure how many teams could survive period in the SEC West. Ole Miss is on a bit of a tailspin, but that all changes if it beats Miss State tomorrow, in which case the Freeze bandwagon is back in full sail.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the Arkansas coach over Freeze talk will slow down now. Its great Georgia is left out also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oops. Bielema bandwagon gets a flat. He sucks and should be fired if we hired him already.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n118141 said:
Oops. Bielema bandwagon gets a flat. He sucks and should be fired if we hired him already.

Yep. Same with Mora. Can't lose a game near hiring time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup cant lose in week 14. Its in the rules.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Gator Fever;n118138 said:
Maybe the Arkansas coach over Freeze talk will slow down now. Its great Georgia is left out also.

That is the best part, UGA is denied :)

Of course,now I get to hear it again from my Big 10/Big 12 coworkers about how one of "theirs" comes into the vaunted SEC and wins the East 2 yrs in a row....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
DeltaGlamma;n118156 said:
That is the best part, UGA is denied :)

Of course,now I get to hear it again from my Big 10/Big 12 coworkers about how one of "theirs" comes into the vaunted SEC and wins the East 2 yrs in a row....

While Mizzou has done well since joining, they've benefited greatly by our suckage, UT being a dumpster fire and the Dwags being the Dwags.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Totally agree MJM, but it is hard to tell those who are jealous of the SEC - they can't see reality, just their hattred of the SEC dominance.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n118106 said:
Freeze. And it's not close.
Really? ARK doesn't have many seniors on either side and already look a helluva lot tougher. I think I'd take Arkansas's.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n118138 said:

There should have been none of the talk to begin with, Beliema fits Arkansas mentality much better than he fits ours. And it's always a good day when Georgia gets screwed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n118157 said:
While Mizzou has done well since joining, they've benefited greatly by our suckage, UT being a dumpster fire and the Dwags being the Dwags.

UT is been a cluster**** for a while, taking the place of what USCe used to be. Dawgs are alwasys going be the dawns a 9-3 to 10-2 team that will find a way to just not do enough. The shift in power is just the loss of us in our natural position. One day Tennesse will be decent again and Spurrier will retire and return to being a middling club.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marrying a stripper or banging a volleyball players usually results in one getting elected governor in Arky, but I dont think Bielema will take the pay cut.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brett beliema lost today, he ain't nothing but white trash - concrete helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.