SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n107858 said:
Nice that you can suck so bad at your job and still get $6 million. Where do I sign up?

Lesson #1,009 in how impressing the boss is all that matters.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reality check: Hugh Freeze is not leaving Ole Miss for Florida, Art Briles and Gary Patterson aren't leaving Texas for Florida, Chip Kelly's not leaving the NFL for Florida. If you think Gainesville is that attractive, you need to get out more.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107870 said:
Reality check: Hugh Freeze is not leaving Ole Miss for Florida, Art Briles and Gary Patterson aren't leaving Texas for Florida, Chip Kelly's not leaving the NFL for Florida. If you think Gainesville is that attractive, you need to get out more.

Link?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107870 said:
If you think Greg shciano is a good coach you need to watch more football

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The pitch from McElwain would be pretty strong. He could easily play the Kiff role and take the lion's share of credit for 2
NCs, including one that took Strong's defense behind the woodshed in Atl and developed a 3 star into a Heisman winner and NFL star. Could reference Jones and Richardson too. Given that our offense is the side lacking extensive talent, I would think he would bring immediate credibility and balance to the team.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n107873]

Link? [/QUOTE]

Check back with me in a month. I will send you ten.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107876 said:

He's not a bad coach, he's just not the right coach for Florida.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107879 said:
Check back with me in a month. I will send you ten.

Don't be silly. No one is going to know all the inner machinations of this coaching search. Your comment invites debate over whether Florida remains seen as an elite college coaching destination. The problem in dissecting the subject is it oftentimes comes down to timing whether a sexy candidate is interested or not. Too many variables to make that kind of inference.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lmao that's pretty good bundy:fistbump:

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n107882]

Don't be silly. No one is going to know all the inner machinations of this coaching search. Your comment invites debate over whether Florida remains seen as an elite college coaching destination. The problem in dissecting the subject is it oftentimes comes down to timing whether a sexy candidate is interested or not. Too many variables to make that kind of inference. [/QUOTE]
Just because you don't know everything doesn't mean you know nothing. Just because a candidate doesn't come to UF doesn't mean it isn't a top tier destination. Those guys I mentioned already have good gigs with ties to their location that will keep them there. The arrogant assumption that evry coach in every job would come to UF if offered is just flawed. TV contract money has neutralized the advantages that the elite schools once had.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107876 said:

Guy's got a trophy case and bank account that says you're wrong.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107891 said:
Just because you don't know everything doesn't mean you know nothing. Just because a candidate doesn't come to UF doesn't mean it isn't a top tier destination. Those guys I mentioned already have good gigs with ties to their location that will keep them there. The arrogant assumption that evry coach in every job would come to UF if offered is just flawed. TV contract money has neutralized the advantages that the elite schools once had.

It's not just about the money. These guys got to where they are because they want to win and that's an area where we still have an advantage.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107892 said:

What? The Texas Bowl? :lol: Dude, you must be related to be taking this hard of a stance on the guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107892 said:
Every head coach at the d 1 level has that

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n107900]

What? The Texas Bowl? :lol: Dude, you must be related to be taking this hard of a stance on the guy. [/QUOTE]

The "hard stance" is trying to define the guy based on two years with the Bucs, the freaking Bucs. Guy worked miracles at Rutgers. Drop Nick Saban, SOS, who ever at Rutgers, and they would be lucky to match what he accomplished in that cesspool. So what his NFL gig flopped. So did Spurriers, Sabans, Pete Carol first time.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n107880]

He's not a bad coach, he's just not the right coach for Florida. [/QUOTE]

Who is the right coach '78?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays