SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is Florida, we don't need to go the medicore Zook/Muschamp route again. A splash hire is needed to re-energize the program. Schiano, with his 68-67 Rutgers record may do well again as an HC, but not here.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107955 said:
Today, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by oxrageous View Post
Schiano is not even on the list. Let's quit wasting time debating someone that isn't even a remote possibility. I realize he's part of your family F18, but he's not coming to UF.

Any more posts on Schiano will result in permanent bans. If you want to debate him more, he's discussed prominently at www.crappyoutofworkcoachesforums.com.

Blow me. If you want to ban me for discussing a coaching candidate not on your secret list I understand why they kicked you off the Gatorsports site.

For the love of God, ban him already. Greg Schiano? And pages on him, no less? Has this board been hijacked by some tools in a North Jersey dorm room??

Could be the dumbest suggestion - possibly worse than Kiffy.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
F18Bundy;n107870 said:
Reality check: Hugh Freeze is not leaving Ole Miss for Florida, Art Briles and Gary Patterson aren't leaving Texas for Florida, Chip Kelly's not leaving the NFL for Florida. If you think Gainesville is that attractive, you need to get out more.

very true! I love Ganiesville, but I now live on sunny Indian Rocks Beach and wouldnt leave for the world!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107960 said:
Unlike the other site we debate and call each other names. It's all in fun

It's so bazaar over there. They might want to check on a bunch of members over there...someone may have made a batch of special Kool-aid

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Strong vibes pointing towards Stoops. And if some of the rumors are true, this would be a reawakening like we've never imagined for UF football.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:ban2:F-18, he can take Schiano and fly off into the sunset.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n107981 said:
Ox, same source we exchanged PM's about earlier is giving me strong vibes pointing towards Stoops. And it's more than Stoops, can't tell you the rest but this would be a reawakening like we've never imagined for UF football.

I knew it. Stoops will be head coach with Spurrier as OC, Strong as DC and Urban will coach the special teams.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107955 said:
Blow me. If you want to ban me for discussing a coaching candidate not on your secret list I understand why they kicked you off the Gatorsports site.
You really don't have a sense of humor at all. You were a Muschamp guy, so I'm not surprised you're so interested in Schiano.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
oxrageous;n107945 said:
Schiano is not even on the list. Let's quit wasting time debating someone that isn't even a remote possibility. I realize he's part of your family F18, but he's not coming to UF.

Any more posts on Schiano will result in permanent bans. If you want to debate him more, he's discussed prominently at www.crappyoutofworkcoachesforums.com.

sad thing is I just clicked on that link, Ox.. ;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n107981 said:
Ox, same source we exchanged PM's about earlier is giving me strong vibes pointing towards Stoops. And it's more than Stoops, can't tell you the rest but this would be a reawakening like we've never imagined for UF football.
You can't even PM me the rest?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope he doesn't bring Josh heupel with him . But I think recruits would be pretty receptive to the idea of stoops

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I hate y'all. Suspense is killing me. Any y'all know how long into December we will have to wait for the new hire to be announced?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say the Tuesday or Wednesday after the FSU game, before the SECC game.

FWIW, we hired Muschamp quickly as well, in fact, if memory is correct, Foley said Muschamp was the only coach he considered.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A whole bunch of you sonsabetchees need to up your Xanax dose until further notice.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some news outlets are saying Stoops would not want to coach against his brother, if that is the deal breaker, how could that impediment be dealt with?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n108006 said:
I'd say the Tuesday or Wednesday after the FSU game, before the SECC game.

FWIW, we hired Muschamp quickly as well, in fact, if memory is correct, Foley said Muschamp was the only coach he considered.
We all know that wasn't true

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The crazies are out today.

I can understand the happiness but some of you sound like you're sniffing paint fumes.

Exciting times are here again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nautigator;n108010 said:
Some news outlets are saying Stoops would not want to coach against his brother, if that is the deal breaker, how could that impediment be dealt with?
That's proposterous.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are we sure that source wasn't talking about Gundy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator