SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
t-gator;n107902 said:
Every head coach at the d 1 level has that

Pretty sure this statement is fact...even Cheesburger has a trophy case and a lot of money

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107906 said:
The "hard stance" is trying to define the guy based on two years with the Bucs, the freaking Bucs. Guy worked miracles at Rutgers. Drop Nick Saban, SOS, who ever at Rutgers, and they would be lucky to match what he accomplished in that cesspool. So what his NFL gig flopped. So did Spurriers, Sabans, Pete Carol first time.
A 500 record in the big east is hardly a miracle.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n107898 said:
It's not just about the money. These guys got to where they are because they want to win and that's an area where we still have an advantage.

You might not have noticed, but none of those guys are having problems winning at their current gigs. Briles is Texas born and bred, a legend in the HS ranks and has a new stadium at Baylor. Ditto for Freeze as it relates to Mississippi. Chip Kelly's about to be coaching a team in the playoffs and Foley is not waiting.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107892 said:
Guy's got a trophy case and bank account that says you're wrong.

What trophy's as head coach? I'll hang up and listen.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107912 said:
A 500 record in the big east is hardly a miracle.

It is at Rutgers. He had two rough years at the start before he got it turned around that skew the overall record. As I said before, that was like a Coach turning Indiana into a winner and a top ten ranking only IU has way better support than Rutgers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107906 said:
The "hard stance" is trying to define the guy based on two years with the Bucs, the freaking Bucs. Guy worked miracles at Rutgers. Drop Nick Saban, SOS, who ever at Rutgers, and they would be lucky to match what he accomplished in that cesspool. So what his NFL gig flopped. So did Spurriers, Sabans, Pete Carol first time.

Stop dude...not sure how you guys are related but I do not want that schmuck anywhere near Gainesville. After 2006?
2007Rutgers8–53–4T–5thW International
2008Rutgers8–55–2T–2ndW Papajohns.com
2009Rutgers9–43–4T–4thW St. Petersburg
2010Rutgers4–81–68th
2011Rutgers9–44–3T–4thW Pinstripe

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Now add the Bucs records...not to mention the THREE losing records in the Big Least out of the previous five? How is that good coaching?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
okay okay okay, Shiano (or however you spell his effing name) is a legit candidate. you happy? BUT.....NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN....LET IT GO!!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Schiano is not even on the list. Let's quit wasting time debating someone that isn't even a remote possibility. I realize he's part of your family F18, but he's not coming to UF.

Any more posts on Schiano will result in permanent bans. If you want to debate him more, he's discussed prominently at www.crappyoutofworkcoachesforums.com.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
F18Bundy;n107906 said:

His success at Rutgers was mostly from riding Ray Rice coupled with being able to recruit S. Florida from his time with the Hurricanes. Gave him a competitive advantage in the Big least. Even with that he's saddled with a 68-67 career mark. Forget homerun. That's not even an infield hit.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n107946 said:
His success at Rutgers was mostly from riding Ray Rice coupled with being able to recruit S. Florida from his time with the Hurricanes. Gave him a competitive advantage in the Big least. Even with that he's saddled with a 68-67 career mark. Forget homerun. That's not even an infield hit.
And this is comming from Will muschamp himself

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That worm on that hook looks good...

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107945 said:
Schiano is not even on the list. Let's quit wasting time debating someone that isn't even a remote possibility. I realize he's part of your family F18, but he's not coming to UF.

Any more posts on Schiano will result in permanent bans. If you want to debate him more, he's discussed prominently at www.crappyoutofworkcoachesforums.com.

Blow me. If you want to ban me for discussing a coaching candidate not on your secret list I understand why they kicked you off the Gatorsports site.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107955 said:
Blow me. If you want to ban me for discussing a coaching candidate not on your secret list I understand why they kicked you off the Gatorsports site.
He's just messing with you dude

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unlike the other site we debate and call each other names. It's all in fun

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
oxrageous;n107945 said:

:ban:
I always wanted an excuse to use this icon (or whatever it's called)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator