SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
t-gator;n108057 said:
K let me get this straight. If chip Kelly decides not to leave the eagles Bob stoops has already accepted the job. Him and spurrier have been shooting the **** lately so spurrier has decided to retire out of his love for Florida football to make sure our program gets put back in order. Meanwhile gene chizik has decided after years of being a defensive coordinator and a championship winning head coach he's going to come to Florida and coach linebackers. Also even though Bob stoops hasn't officially accepted the job yet he's decided will grier has beaten out Treon Harris at the qb position. Just so you know I've been laughing my ass off while typing this

The insanity has just started. People have been hitting the sauce HARD already!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n108057 said:
K let me get this straight. If chip Kelly decides not to leave the eagles Bob stoops has already accepted the job. Him and spurrier have been shooting the **** lately so spurrier has decided to retire out of his love for Florida football to make sure our program gets put back in order. Meanwhile gene chizik has decided after years of being a defensive coordinator and a championship winning head coach he's going to come to Florida and coach linebackers. Also even though Bob stoops hasn't officially accepted the job yet he's decided will grier has beaten out Treon Harris at the qb position. Just so you know I've been laughing my ass off while typing this

Is Kerwin the new QB coach? And Tebow for Strength and Conditioning

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Florida football coach Will Muschamp will not return as Gators coach next season, and you know what that means: Bob Stoops rumors.
Stoops, who came to OU after three seasons as Florida's defensive coordinator, is considered a candidate every time the Gators job opens up. He's even considered leaving for Gainesville, most seriously after Steve Spurrier resigned in January 2002.
Stoops would seem like an even more obvious candidate this time around. The Sooners have three losses this season after sky-high expectations, and the natives are getting restless. Some fans aren't even shy about their desire to see Stoops leave town.
But even if Stoops leaves, it almost certainly won't be for Florida. Not this time, and for one clear reason: He would have to play his brother Mark every year.
Mark Stoops is Kentucky's head coach, and the Wildcats and Gators play in the same SEC East division.
In September 2010, Oklahoma routed Florida State and then-defensive coordinator Mark Stoops 47-17 in Norman. After the game, Stoops said of beating his brother, "It's a rotten place to be."
He continued, "You just cannot separate blood. I just don’t like it and I knew that going into the game, and I’m positive of it now after the game."

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n108057 said:
Have you ever considered writing Broadway screenplays?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would've really liked to see if Roper was actually handcuffed by Champ or if he was a dud. Gotta feeling it's the first

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n107460 said:
We could hold a motorcycle rally to raise money. Problem solved.
We would have to throw in the coed.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
KCgator;n108086 said:
Florida football coach Will Muschamp will not return as Gators coach next season, and you know what that means: Bob Stoops rumors.
Stoops, who came to OU after three seasons as Florida's defensive coordinator, is considered a candidate every time the Gators job opens up. He's even considered leaving for Gainesville, most seriously after Steve Spurrier resigned in January 2002.
Stoops would seem like an even more obvious candidate this time around. The Sooners have three losses this season after sky-high expectations, and the natives are getting restless. Some fans aren't even shy about their desire to see Stoops leave town.
But even if Stoops leaves, it almost certainly won't be for Florida. Not this time, and for one clear reason: He would have to play his brother Mark every year.
Mark Stoops is Kentucky's head coach, and the Wildcats and Gators play in the same SEC East division.
In September 2010, Oklahoma routed Florida State and then-defensive coordinator Mark Stoops 47-17 in Norman. After the game, Stoops said of beating his brother, "It's a rotten place to be."
He continued, "You just cannot separate blood. I just don’t like it and I knew that going into the game, and I’m positive of it now after the game."

The Harbaughs do it at the highest level. I think Stoops would get over it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n108120 said:
I would've really liked to see if Roper was actually handcuffed by Champ or if he was a dud. Gotta feeling it's the first

You're probably correct. Just look for Roper at his next stop. He'll be putting up good offensive stats. Like many in the media stated yesterday that WM hitched his wagon to Driskel when they should have developed Harris earlier. Then you're not breaking in a new QB mid season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Several things I like about the possibility of Stoops. He's had consistent success at OU, no losing seasons, and most of the time in the hunt for the conference title. Not to mention 15 straight bowls and never missed one and certainly his team is eligible now. I see no reason if he were to come to UF now the turnaround would be more significant than his first year in Norman.

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
The playing against his brother thing will play into it 0.0%. Let's be honest here - his brother won't be at Kentucky for long. Heck, after seeing what he did in year 1, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another coaching search, another Bob Stoops confirmation. Maybe this is the year.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just can't get fired up about Bob Stoops. Big game issues, worn down by running another big program at OU 16 years, age....

Just feels like a retread to me.

I dunno, I'm sure I can come around....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members