SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n116151 said:
I have no idea what to believe. If Dooley is reporting this, I would think it's coming from a relaible source. The trouble is, if you believe Dooley, we are down to a bunch of no-name scrub candidates. I'm trying to come up with a few names that Dooley hasn't ruled out and I end up with Sumlin, Malzahn and James Franklin.

You can cross those 3 off as well. It's a bad year to go coach shopping. Foley's folly. Let's bring that one back...wasn't that Law's?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n116157 said:
I guess we are stuck with a Derek Dooley Gene Chizick combo

Derek Dooley is currently on the Cowboys staff as WR coach, and Chizick is getting that Disney money from ESPN.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
This is what I was terrified about. Just because coaches exist and our job is open doesnt mean they will come. We seriously could have Zook part 2 on our hands when all is said and done

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator98MD;n116170 said:
This is what I was terrified about. Just because coaches exist and our job is open doesnt mean they will come. We seriously could have Zook part 2 on our hands when all is said and done
You mean part 3?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the running list of coaches that Pat Dooley claims aren't going to be hired by UF: Lane Kiffin, Mike Shanahan, Rich Rodriguez, Dan Mullen, Dana Holgorsen, Butch Davis, Jon Gruden, Kerwin Bell, Spike Dykes, Chad Morris, Jim McElwain, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Gundy, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly and Bob Stoops.

I guess that also leaves Freeze, in addition to Sumlin, Franklin and Malzahn. I'd be thrilled with any of those four, but jeesh, the names are dwindling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We had Zook part 2, this may be Zook part 3.

Thats actual disrespectful to Zook. He always had winning sec seasons.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n116172 said:
Here is the running list of coaches that Pat Dooley claims aren't going to be hired by UF: Lane Kiffin, Mike Shanahan, Rich Rodriguez, Dan Mullen, Dana Holgorsen, Butch Davis, Jon Gruden, Kerwin Bell, Spike Dykes, Chad Morris, Jim McElwain, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Gundy, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly and Bob Stoops.

I guess that also leaves Freeze, in addition to Sumlin, Franklin and Malzahn. I'd be thrilled with any of those four, but jeesh, the names are dwindling.
It also leaves Patterson

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Patterson, Holliday, Freeze, Dabo (if he brings Morris I'd feel better, but still not top choice), Hudspeth... there are coaches out there. I don't think he is looking to take from a big name school... I really think it will be Holliday... don't know why... just a hunch.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n116104 said:
And he's winning with a team full of white boys. Imagine what he could do with some real athletes.

Oh come on, you know some of you thought the same thing! ;)

They aren't ALL white boys. They have a fair amount of Polynesians, at least one a converted rugby player. I think they qualify as athletes :) But the point is well taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator