Take it for what it's worth

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
They said that a few recruits had told them that the bashing and name calling on twitter and forums had given them a bad feeling about the Gators program.
We didn't want them anyways, seriously. If they can't handle what is said about them on Twitter, they can GTFO and commit to a university that has a safe space.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I still go back to all boards have to be similar. The insinuation is that gator fans are somehow worse than other fan bases? I just don't buy it, sorry
Who insinuated that we are worse. Who cares? Ox seems to be the main one who brings that up. Of course Ox has a vested $$$ interest in conflict. NTTAWWT.
I don't think the discussion has ever been which fan base is worse. Sounds more like justification for behavior.
Shia Leboeuf and Ashley Judd rants generate traffic no doubt. But ask yourself, do you want to be Shia or Ashley.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I have made the the statement here that the fan base impacts players' decision to attend a school. I've been told this is a lie.

I am just saying what has been told to me.

Long, long time ago, when I was around people who were potential players, they would speak about the fans. They wanted to be where the fans were supportive, loud, obnoxious, fun, etc.

Believe it or not, I was told, on more than one occasion, UF had a reputation for negative fans...this was back in the late 70's early 80's...probably based on the late 60's, early 70's...Don't shoot the messenger...this is what I was told by potential recruits.

Personally, in the mid and late 80's I thought we had the best fans. We were there every game packed solid, drunk as hell, yelling like crazy till the bitter end whether we lost or won. I do not recall many boos but I do recall lots of loses and signing its great to be a florida gator at the end of the game walking out.

Again, personally, now that I look back over it, I was there for the players and not the other way around. I guess that is why I am not going all negative when we lose. Make constructive criticisms and move on.

Exactly when I go I go to see and support Gators, now I don't go that often any more for a variety of reasons.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Look its a kids decision to come here or not. Florida is one of the most successful colleges for producing pro players. If kids want to go pro, they have no ground to talk **** about florida

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Local sports talk radio here in Gainesville was talking about the negativity in the fan base.

They said that a few recruits had told them that the bashing and name calling on twitter and forums had given them a bad feeling about the Gators program. They didn't claim that it was the deciding factor in anyone's decision, but they said it was hurting recruiting.

I am guilty of it myself when Muschamp was here. I was on the GSMB calling for his head in every post. I even posted there that what I was writing had no effect on anything.

This is the first time I have heard anyone say that recruits have told them it does make a difference.

Take it for what it's worth.

Really, this comes as a surprise to you? I guarantee you this site has hurt recruiting. It is absolutely painful to read the negativity. If fans like me hate coming here, what do you think 17 or 18 year old kids think that don't have near the attraction to Florida football? Hell, this place is the most negative site I read on any given day and I read liberal websites following our recent election.
Good Lord...duh.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who insinuated that we are worse. Who cares? Ox seems to be the main one who brings that up. Of course Ox has a vested $$$ interest in conflict.
I could make a lot more money on this site if we were a good team instead of a dumpster fire. More and more people are turning off the Gators.

The news is bad and has been for years. Where's the good news? We've been cursed since Tebow left. If all the news is bad, wouldn't the discussions revolve around bad things?

We don't suspend reality on the GCMB. If you want that, Swamp Gas is for you.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I could make a lot more money on this site if we were a good team instead of a dumpster fire. More and more people are turning off the Gators.

The news is bad and has been for years. Where's the good news? We've been cursed since Tebow left. If all the news is bad, wouldn't the discussions revolve around bad things?

We don't suspend reality on the GCMB. If you want that, Swamp Gas is for you.

Never said positive was better than negative. Just that negative is better traffic than constructive criticism. I'm all about the $$$s. But don't ry to act like you're a neutral bystander in all this. And certainly don't try to say that negativity doesn't have an effect, Even on the 30,999 site on the net.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well the negativity doesn't help. Not sure how much it hurts. May hurt with some recruits. May just be an easy excuse to give the reporters they try to troll everyday. There is logic based negativity and spewing shyt. We have some of both.

The real question is why Miami is getting recruits with Richt rumor out there.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Listening to this drivel that the fans are somehow responsible for recruits being driven away is laughable. The fact is our coaching staff has done a terrible job with recruiting and it looks like a bad NSD is coming up. If we had recruited like Georgia this year (who sucked on the field and we beat easily) the conversation would be upbeat with prediction threads of just how high up will we be? The difference is between coaching staffs, not fan bases. We're still terrible on offense - OK. That should have been a "come to Florida and get on the field early" pitch. Lost a lot of D players - "Come be a Gator and maybe make a ESPN highlight reel this year" . Won the SECE twice and routed Iowa in the Outback bowl - should have been a positive kicker. Apparently our staff couldn't take much advantage of these positive angles, even at the University of Florida, which should sell itself every year. The coaching staff has just done an awful job in this critical area unless they can pull an unexpected rabbit out of a hat next week.
These tasks belong to the coaching staff. Fans are on the sidelines hoping for the best, but not in control anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lets face it, if none of us are sold on the MacNuss show, why would anyone else?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Behind the colorful, inviting face of our program is an image of disorganization and unsteady. Probably going to need a younger coach with a whole lotta energy and a mind full of making a name for himself.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Who will be the first school to hire a twitter troll army to pretend to be fans and attack recruits?

We need to get out ahead on this.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Listening to this drivel that the fans are somehow responsible for recruits being driven away is laughable. The fact is our coaching staff has done a terrible job with recruiting and it looks like a bad NSD is coming up. If we had recruited like Georgia this year (who sucked on the field and we beat easily) the conversation would be upbeat with prediction threads of just how high up will we be? The difference is between coaching staffs, not fan bases. We're still terrible on offense - OK. That should have been a "come to Florida and get on the field early" pitch. Lost a lot of D players - "Come be a Gator and maybe make a ESPN highlight reel this year" . Won the SECE twice and routed Iowa in the Outback bowl - should have been a positive kicker. Apparently our staff couldn't take much advantage of these positive angles, even at the University of Florida, which should sell itself every year. The coaching staff has just done an awful job in this critical area unless they can pull an unexpected rabbit out of a hat next week.
These tasks belong to the coaching staff. Fans are on the sidelines hoping for the best, but not in control anything.
hell, all my UGA friends were bashing kirby most of the year and the rest of their staff, but they still got recruits. The only thing they haven't complained about is recruiting. They have even started going crazy over the new QB they have coming in and are talking about him starting over Eason who apparently didn't do good enough for them.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another post deflecting the blame where it belongs...Mac.

It's the fans. Laughable. If we have the much affect on recruiting then they should hire some us.

2222Goebbels is working overtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.