Tiger Woods arrested

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon guys.

Who here isn't guilty of Diving Under the Influence? Hell, I'm usually under the influence Before I get to the first tee.

:bananadance2:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Go on....?

I'm a retired professional firefighter. I've responded to plenty of DUI, domestic, accidents, etc. It's always a comedy show when the person is a "celebrity", either a "local" celebrity (like a newscaster, an athlete for a local pro team, big business owner, lawyer/politician) or a major celebrity (like Tiger or actor, etc). The cops love it. I don't know details, but it's a big deal if they arrest a "celebrity". And as for Tiger, it's not like he's the most liked celebrity either (he's pretty much a known douchebag). So I'm sure there was some high-fiving, laughs had by the LE guys.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a retired professional firefighter. I've responded to plenty of DUI, domestic, accidents, etc. It's always a comedy show when the person is a "celebrity", either a "local" celebrity (like a newscaster, an athlete for a local pro team, big business owner, lawyer/politician) or a major celebrity (like Tiger or actor, etc). The cops love it. I don't know details, but it's a big deal if they arrest a "celebrity". And as for Tiger, it's not like he's the most liked celebrity either (he's pretty much a known douchebag). So I'm sure there was some high-fiving, laughs had by the LE guys.

Ahh gotcha. That makes sense :lol:

Crazy how quickly he fell from grace. Goes to show that nobody's invincible and you can lose it all in the blink of an eye.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Once the DUIs start rolling in, you're pretty much toast.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Like GMD...thank you for your service. But are there "amateur" firefighters?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Like GMD...thank you for your service. But are there "amateur" firefighters?

Yes. There are "professional" and "volunteer". Paid /career firefighters are considered "professional"....unpaid are considered "volunteer".

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Crazy how quickly he fell from grace. Goes to show that nobody's invincible and you can lose it all in the blink of an eye.

In all fairness, it's been about a decade since he won his last major and had his wife whack him with a 7 iron, so it's not like this just happened out of the blue.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I hate to admit this... but when I clicked on the initial link to the ESPN article that frickin' blowhard Steven Assh*le Smith cranked up his take on the Tiger thing. And after about 30 seconds I'm thinking "Holy sh*t, I can' believe I'm agreeing with this dbag."

To paraphrase he basically called out Tiger as a fraud (ala Lance Armstrong) for manufacturing his "image" with the wife, family, etc.
Basically manipulating the public while dooshin' around behind the scenes.
I know everyone makes mistakes but S.A.S. has a point.

The tell tale sign for me was this classic case of denial and self centered attitude:

When Charlie Rose asked Woods about the cost of fame and the burdens he has felt from his notoriety, the pro golfer awkwardly avoided the elephant in the room: his affairs and the time he spent in a rehabilitation center for sex addiction.

Woods had a quick answer, saying his biggest regret in life is not attending Stanford for an extra year. Yes, this is seriously his biggest regret in life. You have to read the uncomfortable back-and-forth to feel the tension of Rose accepting that as an appropriate answer.

"The only regret I have in life is not spending another year at Stanford."

"That's the ONLY regret?"

"That's the only regret I wish I'd had..."

"— Of all the things that have happened to you?"

"...The other things I have been through have been tough, but they have been great for me. I just wish I had gone one more year at Stanford."

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/10/127182/tiger-woods-affair-wife-no-regrets

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
He's drugged out of his mind. Look at that photo. Too many drugs, most likely Ambien for way too long. Messes you up and very very hard to get off of.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The PED's he took have taken a toll on his body and now he has the back issue. He's done. He was a great golfer, but honestly the era he won in was probably one of the weakest era's of golf. His closest competition, David Duval, went all hippie, got married to a woman w/ 3 kids and chose to get high and snowboard all day vs. playing any more competitive golf. I did, however, think Tiger was going to break Jack's record. His fall from grace was much quicker than most of us expected.....like driving off a cliff.

Made curious by your comment, I spent about a half-hour perusing the net for comments about Woods and PEDs. The consensus from the people around him seems to be that he didn't us them. Even if he did, I discount the notion that PEDs were the primary reason for Woods' physical breakdown. His violent swing is what took the biggest toll on his body.

07-30-15-tiger-twirl-18.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.