Two Freshman WRs arrested

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Community service in the foreseeable future along with missing the first game of the season is my guess. Anything worse than that and I'd be shocked.
Ain't no way Mac lets them off that easy...just ask Grier, Willis, Lane, Bostwick, and a couple of others who he took a disliking to....There is a small possibility he might walk both of them. Just for the record I don't want him to but he don't seem to take a lot of :poop:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I will say that considering the laws that players from other programs are breaking, this is a drop in the bucket. :lol:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A second degree felony in Florida can get up to 15 years in prison and adding in the other felony, these are serious charges that just shouldn't be.
When I was a 19 year old kid I spent one summer day drinking all day on the beach. Me and a buddy had to catch a ride home in the back of another buddy's pickup truck. Being kinda drunk and stupid we starting throwing ice at each other, throwing it out the side of the truck, etc. One piece of ice hit the side of an F150 pickup truck going the other way. The guy in the pickup turned around, caught up to us at the next light, flashed hid badge, and demand that we pull over.

Turned out he was a part-time, reserve sheriffs deputy. After he got finished cussing me out, he took my information and sent us on our way. A few weeks later I got a warrant for my arrest in the mail and was told to go "turn myself in." They charged me with a felony charge of "projecting a deadly missile"... Long story short, I plead not guilty and went to trial. After about a two minute jury deliberation they came back and found me "not guilty". Every job I've had since college I've had to explain that situation because there is a record of a being "charged" with a felony even though I was found innocent. I am glad I didn't take my lawyers recommendation and accept a plea deal.

The point is sometimes kids to stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved and I'm guessing at 3 in the morning that alcohol was involved. Now these kids have got to know better. They are representing the university. Being up at 3AM was stupid. Having a BB gun on campus was STUPID. But hopefully they'll learn from this and grow up in a hurry. I am one of the BIGGEST supporters of law enforcement. But sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. The cops did their job and I don't blame them for that. I only question whether it was really necessary to charge them with a felony???

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Actions make a person a thug.....

I think most on here would a agree with you. However, are you a thug for doing something malicious one time? Or is being a thug the result of repeated behavior? I don't know these guys histories, but if this is the first time they've ever done something like this then calling them a thug is going overboard.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
When I was a 19 year old kid I spent one summer day drinking all day on the beach. Me and a buddy had to catch a ride home in the back of another buddy's pickup truck. Being kinda drunk and stupid we starting throwing ice at each other, throwing it out the side of the truck, etc. One piece of ice hit the side of an F150 pickup truck going the other way. The guy in the pickup turned around, caught up to us at the next light, flashed hid badge, and demand that we pull over.

Turned out he was a part-time, reserve sheriffs deputy. After he got finished cussing me out, he took my information and sent us on our way. A few weeks later I got a warrant for my arrest in the mail and was told to go "turn myself in." They charged me with a felony charge of "projecting a deadly missile"... Long story short, I plead not guilty and went to trial. After about a two minute jury deliberation they came back and found me "not guilty". Every job I've had since college I've had to explain that situation because there is a record of a being "charged" with a felony even though I was found innocent. I am glad I didn't take my lawyers recommendation and accept a plea deal.

The point is sometimes kids to stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved and I'm guessing at 3 in the morning that alcohol was involved. Now these kids have got to know better. They are representing the university. Being up at 3AM was stupid. Having a BB gun on campus was STUPID. But hopefully they'll learn from this and grow up in a hurry. I am one of the BIGGEST supporters of law enforcement. But sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. The cops did their job and I don't blame them for that. I only question whether it was really necessary to charge them with a felony???

Damn dude all of that trouble for throwing ice???!

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

If you were found innocent, I don't believe that would show up on a background check would it?

Also, the story I read said it went down around 6:45.....it took campus PD till 3am to identify them via surv. video and match that to their ID's.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF,

You've spent the entire thread attacking posters. I'm sending you on a 2 hour timeout. And don't get all angry about it. Just take it as a cooling off period.

Geez.
....and yet you allowed the repeated obvious race baiting posts towards him trying to somehow infer that he was a racist.....

:facepalm:

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmm.....quite the label for teenagers being teenagers....if they were white would they still have the same label from you?

Thugs or no thug question aside....... I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE HELL THEY ARE WEARING THE SAME SHIRTS IN THE MUG SHOTS?

Jeez. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight without knowing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be real here, if they were white we would be calling them a couple of douche bags. Not thugs

How many poster(s) called them thugs? They are d bags for sure. Let's all breathe for a second. It was stupid. They'll be running a lot and may miss a game. They will plead out to misdemeanors. It's more disappointing than anything else. They just got here. I hope we don't hear their names again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ain't no way Mac lets them off that easy...just ask Grier, Willis, Lane, Bostwick, and a couple of others who he took a disliking to....There is a small possibility he might walk both of them. Just for the record I don't want him to but he don't seem to take a lot of :poop:

"he took a disliking to?".... or they mad bad choices... also... what did he do to Grier... the NCAA suspended the kid... not McElwain.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

That's sucks....this is the point I have been trying to say. You shouldn't even had been charged let alone for a felony. This case is more severe but still not felony worthy imo.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't we be happy they didn't shoot their eye out?

200_s.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law enforcement did their job...its the actual charge that is stupid imo. They screwed up committing a stupid, idiotic crime....its just not as severe as the crime they are charged with.

I agree with this and like I said earlier I highly doubt the legislature thought teenagers would get charged with 2nd degree felonies for shooting a BB gun when they created this statute in the first place. That is the same level charge as DUI manslaughter.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's all remember that BB guns ARE dangerous. They could lodge a BB under the skin and cause a very bad infecton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator