We waited 9 months for this? Game CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Navygator07

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just pissed that I paid to go watch the game, only saw rain and heard some drunk guy screaming "WE WANT TO WATCH SOME FOOTBALL" and "ALRIGHT LETS GOOOOO!"

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pussies. They could have played in the mud in front of 1,200 fans till 4 in the morning. :headshake:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After all the excitement and hype for the new season, it is a huge letdown to not play the game. But, if they put the players and fans safety first, I would say they made a gutsy call. I don't like it, but as a former sports official, I understand.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With all that slop, injuries are more likely = Driskel would probably wind up with "water-on-the-knee".
Seriously though, this "dress rehearsal game" was much needed and we missed it. But no tragedies occurred.
Just get ready for next game and play good … at least Bama looks less invincible.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry guys, the universe didn't want a game to happen without me there. I'll be in town for the game next week, and you have my word the game will happen!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In all kinds of weather we all stick together for YHGTBSM.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was awesome in there. We had so much fun. I'm sorry we didn't get to see football, but the environment was like nothing I've ever seen. My kids are still grinning from ear to ear. I love the swamp! Driskel was perfect with no turnovers, special teams sharp, and the defense didn't give up a single yard. It's the best we've looked in three years! Suck it Law!!!

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How bad was it in the stadium? and on the field waterlogged wise? I saw some pics on twitter where there were waterfalls cascading off the upper decks.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it was awesome! I kid you not, the crowd was charged and soaked. We'll never forget it. The masses sang karaoke and cheered for OSU and Climpson on the big screen. I was proud how many hung in there. Ultimately it was the right decision, but it could been so much more if was played late. No hard feelings from this Phamily, it was pretty cool.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least we got this great highlight video out of it! (NSFW language)

[video=youtube;0qcVWM6CIe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0qcVWM6CIe8[/video]

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a clip of actual "waves" on the field....

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
They said it was too wet and it was too dangerous for the student athletes--imagine that. I know. Vandals never looted and plundered in the rain. Does anybody remember the deluge at Ron Zook field when Tebow "walked on water"?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember them playing in rain and a drenched field where you couldn't see. This game should have been played imo. The lightning had about moved out and they had time to get it in by the rules. I guess if a player got injured I might second guess that but they played in conditions like that before.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I heard about the environment at the Swamp, we gained points with any recruits there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if we offer them another 1 million they will forfeit a game to us.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n38691 said:
Needless to say, our Gators NEEDED this game in preparation for the meat grinder of an SEC schedule.

For once I completely agree with you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n38701 said:
I wonder if the coaches got gun shy due to all the injuries last season.

I heard Muschamp had the ground crews water the field down this week in an attempt to slow down their offense and make his defense look better, it worked, we lead the nation in yards given up, points allowed, passing yards allowed,etc. .....It's all Muschamps fault.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Gator Fever;n38701 said:
I wonder if the coaches got gun shy due to all the injuries last season.

I heard Muschamp had the ground crews water the field down this week in an attempt to slow down their offense and make his defense look better, it worked, we lead the nation in yards given up, points allowed, passing yards allowed,etc. .....It's all Muschamps fault.
Yep that is probably what happened.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What's going with the tickets? Refund? Would like to know...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I just read somewheres that a refund does not have to be given due to the one play being played. If that is true then I would be very disappointed with that outcome. Sounds like they played that single play for that very reason. Keep the money. Hope it does not turn out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator