Why didn't we hire Charlie Strong back in 2010 again?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n91899 said:
Well I'll just come out and say it. Word on the street was that boosters did not like his wife. Official reason was that he did not "interview" well.

A lot of people have heard that, no one can confirm if it's true or not. Besides, the fact of the matter is, Urban was a better hire in 2004, and Charlie wasn't going to leave Louisville in 2010 after one year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n91903 said:
what was it about his wife?

There is rumor due to it being an interracial marriage. I heard the same thing about it being the reason Gene Chizik being picked over him for the Auburn job.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
dubster1;n91897 said:
coach strong will win big at texas.once he put out the tire fire mack brown started.
Yes, he is going to get them to buy into his way or the highway. He does not pu##y around with players so it will be until he gets his kids in there. He will probably do amazingly there. Hope he decides to come here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n91899 said:
Well I'll just come out and say it. Word on the street was that boosters did not like his wife. Official reason was that he did not "interview" well.

Don't buy either. The fact is when there was an opening, he was thankful to Louisville for the shot and had just completed his first season. Not sure either side was interested in really pursuing things. Last year, he should've been hired but Foley felt that WM deserved more time. It's not like he was the only candidate out there. Foley could have, and probably should have, made the move. But he'd already decided he was standing by Muschamp.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n91903 said:
what was it about his wife?

Strong is black, his wife is white. Some people aren't comfortable with interracial relationships.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n91907 said:
There is rumor due to it being an interracial marriage. I heard the same thing about it being the reason Gene Chizik being picked over him for the Auburn job.

probaly some truth to that

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n91910 said:
Strong is black, his wife is white. Some people aren't comfortable with interracial relationships.

I bet they practically live at Spanish restaurants.

Darryl.jpg

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n91910 said:

yep! you are correct. too bad i actually think the guy can coach. hell and about his white wife,whats the problem they dont have to sleep with her."geesh" he's coaching football

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n91914 said:
probaly some truth to that

Actually, there is A LOT of truth to that and that's where this whole "Florida didn't want Charlie because of his wife" stuff comes from. It's attributed to Florida but in fact the context was about head coaching jobs in the south. The articles written about Charlie's lack of head coaching job offers, and there were many, were written when he was coaching AT Florida. Why, if he was hired three separate times AT Florida would you think that people at Florida would have a problem with his interracial marriage? And do you think Charlie would keep coming back to Florida if he and his wife were facing discrimination?

This story is constantly told as fact and it's just stupid when you look at it logically and factually. Savannah got it right. It was a timing issue.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
dubster1;n91921 said:
yep! you are correct. too bad i actually think the guy can coach. hell and about his white wife,whats the problem they dont have to sleep with her."geesh" he's coaching football

Agreed. This has to be the most lame reason he wasnt or wouldnt be hired somewhere. I wish him the best at Tx. He was a great gator...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Please, point me to these people who are uncomfortable with the skin color of Charlie's wife; I'd like a shot at reeducating them.

That being said, I still doubt the validity of this accusation.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n91930 said:
Please, point me to these people who are uncomfortable with the skin color of Charlie's wife; I'd like a shot at reeducating them.

I honestly dont know for sure but if it is true, its pure nonsense. I can believe its a possibility...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n91928 said:
Actually, there is A LOT of truth to that and that's where this whole "Florida didn't want Charlie because of his wife" stuff comes from. It's attributed to Florida but in fact the context was about head coaching jobs in the south. The articles written about Charlie's lack of head coaching job offers, and there were many, were written when he was coaching AT Florida. Why, if he was hired three separate times AT Florida would you think that people at Florida would have a problem with his interracial marriage? And do you think Charlie would keep coming back to Florida if he and his wife were facing discrimination?

This story is constantly told as fact and it's just stupid when you look at it logically and factually. Savannah got it right. It was a timing issue.

Oh no, divits, don't you know that us hiring him was just a cover for our racism? In fact we were rubbing it in by letting him see firsthand what he would never get to have by allowing him to be an assistant on the coaching staff. Pretty sure I saw Albert and Alberta running away from the Strong's residence in white bedsheets while a cross burned on the front lawn.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014

the issue i have is that the guy is a football coach. what does the color of his wife have to do with any of this? this hidden racism shi! makes me sick. if and im saying if he missed out on coaching the gators for this reason.then karma is a bitc!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They don't exist. It's pure hocum.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n91940 said:
Pretty sure I saw Albert and Alberta running away from the Strong's residence in white bedsheets while a cross burned on the front lawn.
KCGator already confirmed that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oh no, divits, don't you know that us hiring him was just a cover for our racism? In fact we were rubbing it in by letting him see firsthand what he would never get to have by allowing him to be an assistant on the coaching staff. Pretty sure I saw Albert and Alberta running away from the Strong's residence in white bedsheets while a cross burned on the front lawn.

So we're doing to Charlie what Borat's sister did to his brother, Bilo?

[video=youtube;JgOrQg2NXAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgOrQg2NXAo[/video]

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014

:stickpoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.