1010XL: absolutely embarrassing performance by the coaching staff

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get a kick out of people questioning why we didn't hire Kelly. They obviously don't know Florida's history or that Stricklin whiffed on the other big-name Kelly in 2017. There was zero chance of it happening.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I get a kick out of people questioning why we didn't hire Kelly. They obviously don't know Florida's history or that Stricklin whiffed on the other big-name Kelly in 2017. There was zero chance of it happening.
Hindsight.
At the time, He wasn't available anyway. No one thought he was going to leave ND.

Looks like the better hire though, Right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hindsight.
At the time, He wasn't available anyway. No one thought he was going to leave ND.

Not at all what I meant timewise. I'll leave it at that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think it’s much less about Florida’s history and more about Stricklin. The guy isn’t cut out to do this job and it’s overwhelmingly obvious. But what I hate is the idea that it’s not a correctable issue. Gas him and anyone close to him. Give Foley the option to either sit and work on the Penske file all week, while avoiding any contact with sports decisions or he can get gassed as well. Go full blown Bolshevik and completely clean house in that office. Anyone shaken up by the move, exit the building immediately we’ll mail you your last check. In fact if anyone even floats the idea of a “last day” or “retirement” inner office party for them, send them packing also. Clean sweep, start again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gotcha, Thinking you were going back to Chip, not thinking about Brian.
No worries.

Point was given our history and given what happened in 2017, we weren't going after Brian when his name surfaced in coaching rumors later.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it’s much less about Florida’s history and more about Stricklin. The guy isn’t cut out to do this job and it’s overwhelmingly obvious. But what I hate is the idea that it’s not a correctable issue. Gas him and anyone close to him. Give Foley the option to either sit and work on the Penske file all week, while avoiding any contact with sports decisions or he can get gassed as well. Go full blown Bolshevik and completely clean house in that office. Anyone shaken up by the move, exit the building immediately we’ll mail you your last check. In fact if anyone even floats the idea of a “last day” or “retirement” inner office party for them, send them packing also. Clean sweep, start again.

Then do me a favor. Go back and count the number of big-name, big-money hires over, say, the past 50.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Then do me a favor. Go back and count the number of big-name, big-money hires over, say, the past 50.

Meyer was the biggest name in 2005. Muschamp was HCIW at Texas. Besides, it’s not like we’re unwilling to pay. Dan Mullen was making more than Kirby Smart in 2021.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Here is the FG block

I'm definitely not one to defend sling blade but there were more players on the field. Florida was expecting a punt on that play, Pearsall was back deep and once they realized it was a field goal he came up a little and a couple more guys dropped back deep almost like they were setting up a return in case the field goal fell short and in play.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm definitely not one to defend sling blade but there were more players on the field. Florida was expecting a punt on that play, Pearsall was back deep and once they realized it was a field goal he came up a little and a couple more guys dropped back deep almost like they were setting up a return in case the field goal fell short and in play.
:faint:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hindsight.

He had is agent talking with anyone that would listen. If we had offered him first he would have jumped in a heartbeat.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Ah, so now we’re openly wishing for the opposition to score to further embarrass us?
"Scared money don't make money". That's what Billy told us all coming in so he got his money. He got all of his fancy hires and we've been listening to his coach speak about evaluations and process. Then we get that performance. I don't feel embarrassed neither should the fan base no matter WHAT happens. I'll take whatever embarrassment or whoever needs to be embarrassed at this point if it will get us to whatever bottomless pit we need to reach in order to start some sort of ascension. How about "Dumb money, don't make money"?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Scared money don't make money". That's what Billy told us all coming in so he got his money. He got all of his fancy hires and we've been listening to his coach speak about evaluations and process. Then we get that performance. I don't feel embarrassed neither should the fan base no matter WHAT happens. I'll take whatever embarrassment or whoever needs to be embarrassed at this point if it will get us to whatever bottomless pit we need to reach in order to start some sort of ascension. How about "Dumb money, don't make money"?
You need to get laid.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Spurdog98 "Dumb money, don't make money." I'm stealing that. Awesome.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I really despise this current staff, well, just Billy Bob. Needs to pull his head out of his ass. In SEC, half the teams are going to have the talent you do. COACHING wins half to better of those games. Have to get better talent and then you have to coach it.

I don't see us winning a single sec game or f$u.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's hope fellas. One of two things will happen.

1) Eventually after lord knows how many changes of HBCs we'll get it right.
or
2) Before we get it right, Football will die because the injury police will kill it off.

This could and probably will take many decades to play out but it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.