2016 Class/Remaining Targets

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ is the perennial voice of reason and temperance. If he's calling for a major shakeup, I'd say we may have some issues.

:fear:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't post much but am an avid reader of post. My two cents. Can you imagine how much better this would have turned out if Grier hadn't messed up? I believe we would have won everything except the bammer game and had a stellar class. You can call me a pumper but I think Mac has done a great job. I believe he will take the tools in the tool box, old and new, and put together a year better than last. Or at least as good. I believe! We are on the way up, not down.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We had 4 years of a ****ing flea-ridden, self-ball licking Dawg ruining our program. We waited too long to get rid of him.

It is now time for Mac to step up and rid us of the no good ****ing Cane posing as our associate head coach before he does any more damage to the program by sitting on his ass and not doing jack on the recruiting trail, which is his supposed expertise.

Also, please, I like Mac a bunch, but somebody at JT Vinson up in Jax needs to help Mac out with wardrobe.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing we say is gonna make things better or worse. I'm pretty sure Mac's not completely happy either. We got some damn good ball players today. We also missed on some. I'm still optimistic but still realistic about the things we need.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
The problem is really a combination of things, not just the "#11" part. The difference between #11 and #8 isnt that great at least woth respect to the number of blue chippers. Of course neither is the difference between #11 and #19 or so. Against the teams that embarassed us last year, Nulls and Bammer and aganst LSU and the top Big 10 teams we would have to beat for a title, we fell much farther behind. We knew we have a massive gap in talent, knew we needed to hire a strong coach who could get us out of the hole quickly, knew we needed to hire great recruiters, knew we needed players whp are ready to play in a hurry, knew we needed a great class like SOS and Meyer (and so many other good coaches) get in their second classes. This just isnt it. For me the argumet that this is only Mac's second year holds no weight when a second year coach at Meatchicken and a new coach at Ugly dominated us. Hell, a new coach at scUM dominated us in state. There is no excuse. I trulythink Fooley just thinks hiring anyome and any staff to support him is good enough bc "We are Florida." We have been through six uears of "rebuilding" and we are looking at 3-6 more at least.

I understand what you are saying, but you are trying to predict the future before it happens. We were a QB away from beating LSU and a QB away from giving Alabama a game. We could not move the ball and the defense got tired. If it is all about stars then what about the 5-star DB and 4-safety that gave up a jump ball to a LSU receiver. I mean if you add the start value we had 8 or 9 stars vs one 3 or 4-star received and failed to stop a fluke play. LSU has top 5 classes every year and we should have beaten them. We had 5-star DB's giving up jump balls to Alabama in the endzone. At some point you have to let the coaches coach. We were light on the number of DL and LB's and that will have to be addressed, but it still can be next year. Zook and Muschamp were both good recruiters and could not get it to translate to the field. Meyer was a great recruiter and a good coach and it is working well for him still. Spurrier was a average recruiter and a great coach and it work well at UF. My point is this class has some great potential players, the book is yet to be written.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Speakiñg of remaining targets, did the OL transfer (Catalania?) sign with anyone today?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Get this thread to 1,000 posts, boys.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Speakiñg of remaining targets, did the IL transfer (Catalania?) sign with anyone today?

not yet. got an offer from the dawgs today. has offers from barn and psu. currently committed to Iowa St. don't know if we've extended one to him yet. maybe someone else can clarify that point.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with being positive but it's OK to be realistic as well. For some people to act like being realistic is the same as panicking is a bit ridiculous. Some people are just acting like this is a top tier class.

A perfect example of a reasonable optimist is Jay. He's ever the optimist but he's willing to concede that there needs to be a significant upgrade in the staff's ability to recruit.

:bananadance2:

Wait, you are talking about me, right? Lol

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is crucial of course, but coaching is just as, if not more, important. Look, I know you have to get the elite players to win, but take a look around and there are plenty of programs who don't get top talent who are always competitive due to coaching.

For example: Baylor and TCU. Sure they don't win titles, but they don't recruit as well as we do either. I think we will have a huge turnaround on O this year while relying on the defense we've stockpiled the last 5 years. Once we win consistently the recruiting will pick up a ton.

That and getting rid of the dead weight (looking at you Nord).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is crucial of course, but coaching is just as, if not more, important. Look, I know you have to get the elite players to win, but take a look around and there are plenty of programs who don't get top talent who are always competitive due to coaching.

For example: Baylor and TCU. Sure they don't win titles, but they don't recruit as well as we do either. I think we will have a huge turnaround on O this year while relying on the defense we've stockpiled the last 5 years. Once we win consistently the recruiting will pick up a ton.

That and getting rid of the dead weight (looking at you Nord).
I don't totally disagree But baylor tcu doesn't have to play who we do. Its not that this class isnt better than baylors, its that its not as good as our rivals.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't totally disagree But baylor tcu doesn't have to play who we do. Its not that this class isnt better than baylors, its that its not as good as our rivals.

We play against Butch, Stoops, Muschamp, Smart, Mason, and Mizzou coach (no clue the name). We have a large advantage in the coaching dept IMO when it comes to the East. Plus we finished ahead of all but UGA out of that group in recruiting, but we all know we own UGAs souls. FSU sure they are hot right now, but let's face it they underachieve almost every year (minus when they had Shamies at QB).

Also, I just watched Clevelands highlights for the first time....that's a bad dude. Kinda giddy at how our recruiting on O went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.