Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
someone do the math for me.....how many slots do we still have? i know we black coming ( if elgible) ,potentially steele and elam...... how many more slots do we have? we till february people. calm the F down

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I will say that we only have two real reach 3* kids, kids who otherwise wouldn't be in the SEC or P5. Butters landed 6 to 8 each year.

And there's your difference. There's only two where I'm not sure what the game plan is. Another that looks like he's here to woo a coach with some guys coming up with real talent. The other thing to consider is that there are still quality guys that didn't sign today at our two positions we didn't do well on today.

Young, Handy and Pickering are all unsigned, all top 250 and all from Mississippi. Talent pool is a little thinner at true NT but I don't think we're going to be able to run a 3-4 until at least another class of LBs that are as good as the one it looks like we have coming in, provided Black can make the grade. There are good safeties that didn't sign today, and the staff needs to throw the house at them. This isn't a great class - but we're not a great program either.

Unless we do what Georgia and Bama do we'll never be like them. I know we don't agree on what's going on there - but from my perspective I hope we never do. We can be like Clemson and Oregon though - if we can ever prioritize football. It's easy to say our coaches suck at recruiting but with the exception of perhaps Arkansas, there is not a team above us right now in the rankings that does not have vastly more to offer the football recruit from a college experience perspective than we do. We do agree on how THAT happened.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Because they only dwell on the negative. We didn't flip anyone nor did we get flipped today. We have some holes on Defense that really need addressing. So it wasn't a bad day but it wasnt a great day either. Mullen still has work to do before Feb.

I think we can all agree we might have recruited the best we have along the OL than we have in a decade which is a huge positive. But there were glaring holes that appear not to have been address (much like they were neglected by the previous administrations). Today wasn't a great day, but he has to clean some stuff up. Because you can only out scheme so much, before talent becomes the deciding factor.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You guys are in all likelihood in for major disappointment on the staff change front. Mullen seems like a staff continuity guy. I may be wrong. But repeating it over and over again on a message board may not make it happen.

I fear you're correct.

we till february people. calm the F down

Aaaaaaand, on cue.

After Wednesday, we will be told by some that we filled needs and really don’t know where we stand relative to other teams until the second signing day. Come mid-February, we will be told we won’t know if we recruited well or not for another 3-4 years when we see how all those other higher ranked classes perform (and qualify). If you don’t like the results, just act like they’re not real.

Rinse. Repeat.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bama doesn’t have Sanders LOI at this time

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
someone do the math for me.....how many slots do we still have? i know we black coming ( if elgible) ,potentially steele and elam...... how many more slots do we have? we till february people. calm the F down
At least five seats left. Maybe more depending on NFL decisions and transfers.

Very little but leftovers available.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Nick's not even trying to be subtle about it.

See inside Nick Saban's new Mercedes-Benz dealership

See inside Nick Saban's new Mercedes-Benz dealership
Posted Jan 29, 2018

Hundreds of vehicles will begin rolling onto the lot of Alabama football coach Nick Saban's newest Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham dealership this week as the Irondale location prepares to open Feb. 5.

The new location is an expansion of the [Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham] dealership.

Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham and Mercedes-Benz of Music City are majority owned by Joe Agresti and Nick and Terry Saban.

The coach's son, Nicholas, will work at the Irondale location.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of Mississippi kids on that SDE list remain undecided or did not sign. Dan has got to have some sort of foundation with their HS staffs he can exploit to get after sone of these kids who are still in the wind.
Yeah, sure. He is going to break out all those excellent recruiting skills he has been holding back and hiding for the last 9 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.