Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I think it was also because Stiner had two game clinching interceptions

I wasn't trying to dump on the kid, just answer Donk's question. I think he was probably behind Edwards and I don't think he was as bad as some people seem to feel he was. Taylor on the other hand...:headslap:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't trying to dump on the kid, just answer Donk's question. I think he was probably behind Edwards and I don't think he was as bad as some people seem to feel he was. Taylor on the other hand...:headslap:

I didn’t think you were.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not stressed enough is the absolute truth that no posters have lead out with total unwary acceptance of what Mullen has brought to the UF program. Maligned as mindless pumpers are GC-folks who speak up to soften the absolute condemnations posted by 'pronouncers' of doom, of hopelessness. Pumpers never are shooting fireworks of rejoicing skyward. Pumpers' contemptible mistake is merely pointing out positives in this area or that area. Those positives do exist and they are dramatic turnarounds from McBlunder's sinkhole .... Clearly 'viewable' are more happy-sights than the "eyesoars" that so many negs intently stare at.

Having a poor recruiting class is not a positive, but it's one speculative negative vs several positives in practice smarts, positives in players' development, positives in finishing the 2nd half strongly, 'televisible' sideline conduct of joyful players, etc. etc. Speculative means someone's puff-chesting their Psychic Hotline and they are hot about it.

Downers go wild putting out episodes of "Pumpers Gone Wild". Since that's delusional what else that they post is delusional ? Meanwhile, let's see how (the manner) this post is "put down" -- totally down.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unless they changed the rules, Steele doesn’t have to sign. Just enroll and sign in Feb like EE’s have done for years. If we could finish with Steele, Dent, and Elam/Jay along with two quality SDE/DT’s, i’d be much happier

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Unless they changed the rules, Steele doesn’t have to sign. Just enroll and sign in Feb like EE’s have done for years. If we could finish with Steele, Dent, and Elam/Jay along with two quality SDE/DT’s, i’d be much happier

That's a huge IF..... but I think there's at least 3 quality guys we still get. Also dont forget Duiwan

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Not stressed enough is the absolute truth that no posters have lead out with total unwary acceptance of what Mullen has brought to the UF program. Maligned as mindless pumpers are GC-folks who speak up to soften the absolute condemnations posted by 'pronouncers' of doom, of hopelessness. Pumpers never are shooting fireworks of rejoicing skyward. Pumpers' contemptible mistake is merely pointing out positives in this area or that area. Those positives do exist and they are dramatic turnarounds from McBlunder's sinkhole .... Clearly 'viewable' are more happy-sights than the "eyesoars" that so many negs intently stare at.

Having a poor recruiting class is not a positive, but it's one speculative negative vs several positives in practice smarts, positives in players' development, positives in finishing the 2nd half strongly, 'televisible' sideline conduct of joyful players, etc. etc. Speculative means someone's puff-chesting their Psychic Hotline and they are hot about it.

Downers go wild putting out episodes of "Pumpers Gone Wild". Since that's delusional what else that they post is delusional ? Meanwhile, let's see how (the manner) this post is "put down" -- totally down.

A top 20 class is not a poor class its a good class, not great but good. I think with some additions in the late signing period it could become a very good class. I truly believe recruiting at Florida will improve to consistence top ten classes under The Mull.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

I'm down with it. Totally.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I agree with this. But, for whatever the reason, Davis can't get on the field. We keep hearing about him, but he rarely plays. When he does, he's had some decent games. But either he's getting in the coaches dog house or he's missing too many assignments. The only reason I could think of as to why he doesn't play more. At any rate, he's just serviceable. We need difference makers back there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this. But, for whatever the reason, Davis can't get on the field. We keep hearing about him, but he rarely plays. When he does, he's had some decent games. But either he's getting in the coaches dog house or he's missing too many assignments. The only reason I could think of as to why he doesn't play more. At any rate, he's just serviceable. We need difference makers back there.
hurt at the beginning of year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or the safeties coach is senile.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It’s these threads that make me long for the days when the average fan had zero insight into the background of the incoming freshmen until AFTER the national signing day was over. We watched and waited to see what the coaching staff could do with the talent they brought in. Back then a coach was asked to assess talent using his methods and in how he felt it fit his system. Back then a coach didn’t have to deal with prima donna egos from 16-18 year olds that are stroked from the time they are freshmen and sophomores with blue check fame verified accounts and 10s of thousands of crazy fans from all over the U.S. Back then we focused more on what the coach did with the talent they had on campus or that they brought in prior to the season, based solely on the game day observations. We didn’t know a 1-star from a 17-star. We would have thought 3-star Dak Prescott was a 17-Star and that 5-star Jeff Driskell was a 1-star. Stop with the madness and let’s just wait to see what Dan and staff do with what they have. The sign of good leadership (and coaching) is to bring out more from within than what anyone expected - including those being led.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s these threads that make me long for the days when the average fan had zero insight into the background of the incoming freshmen until AFTER the national signing day was over. We watched and waited to see what the coaching staff could do with the talent they brought in. Back then a coach was asked to assess talent using his methods and in how he felt it fit his system. Back then a coach didn’t have to deal with prima donna egos from 16-18 year olds that are stroked from the time they are freshmen and sophomores with blue check fame verified accounts and 10s of thousands of crazy fans from all over the U.S. Back then we focused more on what the coach did with the talent they had on campus or that they brought in prior to the season, based solely on the game day observations. We didn’t know a 1-star from a 17-star. We would have thought 3-star Dak Prescott was a 17-Star and that 5-star Jeff Driskell was a 1-star. Stop with the madness and let’s just wait to see what Dan and staff do with what they have. The sign of good leadership (and coaching) is to bring out more from within than what anyone expected - including those being led.

No

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting numbers...
Chip Kelly’s UCLA appears to have 2 big recruiting problems

DutNCO4XQAAOwSh.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This post makes me long for the day when people used paragraphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.