Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I should add that winning the SEC won’t realistically happen until we have top 3 classes or top 10/killer QB so cool your jets.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I don't agree with this.

I think we can be in the hunt every year from now on.

With an entirely new OL unit that is going to be tough to do this year in the SEC. I think if the trajectory remains at this level we should be competing for the SEC in 2020 and after.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
With an entirely new OL unit that is going to be tough to do this year in the SEC. I think if the trajectory remains at this level we should be competing for the SEC in 2020 and after.

But sooner rather than later.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Winning the SEC is tough every d@mn year.

giphy.gif

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm sorry I responded. You're right. I was lazy. It was awesome being a pariah and hated on here. Lazy. Yup. You'd think going with the grain and just floating along with everyone else on the LAZY river would be "lazy" instead of being accused that you are a serial killer. Yeah, that sounds lazy.

Clueless.

I was talking more in generalities. Not necessarily you.

You have got to admit though that the theme of this board is everything sucks until the absolute minute it doesn't, with no optimism tolerated until the exact minute things no longer suck.

I know you have a complicated history here in some way. I don't know the details. I'm interested if you feel like telling it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You have got to admit though that the theme of this board is everything sucks until the absolute minute it doesn't, with no optimism tolerated until the exact minute things no longer suck.

I know you have a complicated history here in some way. I don't know the details. I'm interested if you feel like telling it.
10 years of sh*t have put the bulk of us in “show me” mode. We don’t believe in rainbows and unicorns, nor do we “trust the coaches” until they’ve earned it. Mullen is gaining it, but he’s still got work to do.
Pessimistic? Yes. But at least we aren’t the mindless minions like you’ll find at Null Nation swearing wiLLLLLLLie is turning things around. Those aren’t fans IMO...they’re called morons.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Dan needs to clean up house in the backend of the recruiting department. Tyrique Stevenson was trying to get a call back in the summer and nobody would call him back. Maybe it was because Begley was out of the office for a month or two but they need to be much better organized. Time to invest in a contact management program and not one that was coded by an undergraduate for his senior project.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I was actually on the Mac train until he fell for that fake FG vs LSU. Everybody on the whole planet knew that was going to be a fake and not having the kids prepared told me he was nothing but an amatuer. A lot of people wanted to give him multiple chances. The whole "stars don't matter" thing became a mantra because he sucked at recruiting. You never heard that line until Mac was getting diamonds in the rough. "I trust our coaches more than some recruiting site" was typed regularly on here. It was like there was all this evidence showing he sucked but the jury refused to convict. LOL. It's all good. I was against the Mullen hire and he's proving me wrong everyday. I don't mind saying it.

I think the bulk of us on here are pretty damn pleased. And rightly so...we should be.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To answer your question:

2016 Clemson Rivals team recruiting ranking average was: 11.25 (cracked the top ten ONLY once and that was a top 5...the other three classes all outside the top 10) There rankings were as follows: 14, 14, 13, 4 (The lone top 5 class were freshman that year) Not sure how many freshman contributed, but the majority of the contributors to that championship team ranked on average as 13.6.

2018 Clemson Rivals team recruiting ranking was: 10 The rankings were 4, 6, 22, 8 (The same top 5 class (now seniors so we assume major contributors), two top 10 classes, and one class outside the top 20).

11.5 ranked class, and 10th ranked classes (on average per Rivals) beat the perennial #1 ranked classes of Alabama twice in three years.

Point is: Common denominator was difference maker at QB and solid coaching. With good coaching and a stud QB (who we hope we have in EJ!), it can be done with Top 10 classes. NOW... I fully expect our classes to start edging into Top 5 beginning next year. So this year was a pretty good start to our climb back to the top of the mountain... assuming our coaching is on task. Mullen appears up to it and also it appears he's upgrading our assistant coaching as well....

So the difference maker was elite talent... Got it!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we get Braun and if Reese is able to graduate, we only have one OT to shore up on the OL

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I can't believe I forgot about KC.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

He was the first one that came to mind. You could throw in Danny Boy, Jason Odom, Huey Richardson, Lawrence Wright and Ian Scott... just going off memory. I’m probably missing several dozen academic All Americans who represented UF admirably, and with a useful degree that can get someone meaningful employment.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree with this.

I think we can be in the hunt every year from now on.

But can we win... can we beat UGA and Bama? Probably have a shot at UGA because Kirby...not sure if we have the talent yet to compete with Bama in a SEC title game.

I don't think we can win the SEC until we get some elite talent. I think Mullen gets that next cycle.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But can we win... can we beat UGA and Bama? Probably have a shot at UGA because Kirby...not sure if we have the talent yet to compete with Bama in a SEC title game.

I don't think we can win the SEC until we get some elite talent. I think Mullen gets that next cycle.
Clemson proved Bama can be beat.

Do I think we can beat Bama 3 out of 4 times...no

But I think we can win.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That's the beauty of being a dumper. You are "right" when things don't work out, which is most of the time as, for example, only one team can win an SEC championship every year. When things work out, the dumpers are "happy and pleased". It's a no lose situation. Sit back and snipe at the pumpers. The easy way. The lazy way. .
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator