Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. I haven't seen this coaching brilliance everyone seems to be yapping about. I'll admit that despite that I'd love to have him here for a season to put him in a Gator polo on the sideline during the UT game...just to see them die a little inside.

It’s not coaching. It’s recruiting. I don’t give a shyt about his coaching. He’s one of the top recruiters nation. Has been for a while.

leogator

May 5, 2018
We can/will use Toney for runs (RB). What about Copeland? That one time he got the ball with top speed he seemed to glide swiftly through the crowd. Brought back visual memories of Wes Chandlerism.??
While Toney is improving he/we are not ready to have him run inside yet. I don't think we have the kind of OL that will open huge holes inside like we had when Harving was here. Also Toney does not seem to have learned how to run routes yet. Copeland will be getting some touches in the bowl game and also moving forward.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I have liked his film as soon as I heard about our offer. He has a lot more pass rushing moves than Carter. I think our SDE rotation will be great with Datona in the mix.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I love to see all these in home visits and activity in recruiting now. Maybe Mullen thought he had to focus solely on coaching during the year and put these to the side to change the culture at UF. Like others, I’ve questioned the recruiting progress though.

I’m hoping that in future years we don’t wait until 3-4 weeks before early signing day to get this active in recruiting. While there are lots of circumstances at play, including the kids season schedules, waiting is very risky/derelict since such a large % of kids commit early and do not flip. We sit with very few of Florida’s best players and our timing has us fighting for flips instead of to hold on to our already committed players.

Dan’s earned some greater trust than in July based on the season, but it will be interesting to see if the strategy changes and improves for 2020 and moving forward.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He replied back in another tweet that CF is a cruel world....he was literally in Steel's living room the night before :bwahaha:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I love to see all these in home visits and activity in recruiting now. Maybe Mullen thought he had to focus solely on coaching during the year and put these to the side to change the culture at UF. Like others, I’ve questioned the recruiting progress though.

I’m hoping that in future years we don’t wait until 3-4 weeks before early signing day to get this active in recruiting. While there are lots of circumstances at play, including the kids season schedules, waiting is very risky/derelict since such a large % of kids commit early and do not flip. We sit with very few of Florida’s best players and our timing has us fighting for flips instead of to hold on to our already committed players.

Dan’s earned some greater trust than in July based on the season, but it will be interesting to see if the strategy changes and improves for 2020 and moving forward.
Part of it is wanting to change the culture and get us back to our winning ways with a roster that is not SEC quality, part of it is a brand new system that needed to be installed. Part of it is establishing relationships with HS coaches and recruits. Remember too that the Florida brand has been tarnished with two 4 win seasons in the last 5 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Former commit....and huge reach, Jammal Abrams, is being - loosely - pursued by a few SEC teams: LSU, Tennessee, Miss State, Auburn. He probably ends up at UAB unless one of these SEC schools desperately needs a Plan B. Abrams has moved to the DL (vs. ILB), which is a good move considering his lack of speed. I'm glad we processed him out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not coaching. It’s recruiting. I don’t give a shyt about his coaching. He’s one of the top recruiters nation. Has been for a while.
Yeah, he is an excellent recruiter. Not sure about his coaching. Also not sure why he was on the west coast.

Normally, I dont want any Voles. This is probably the one guy I'd make an exception for.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love to see all these in home visits and activity in recruiting now. Maybe Mullen thought he had to focus solely on coaching during the year and put these to the side to change the culture at UF. .
We need to change the recruiting culture too. Very tired of playing from behind constantly and trying to score 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth

leogator

May 5, 2018
OK this does not make any sense, it probably reeks of desperation but the coaches visited WR John Dunmore. I thought we had no chance with him so why waste a visit? I am not really that high on him. Frank Ladson on the other hand...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OK this does not make any sense, it probably reeks of desperation but the coaches visited WR John Dunmore. I thought we had no chance with him so why waste a visit? I am not really that high on him. Frank Ladson on the other hand...

Probably because our WRs - finally - had a great game last Saturday. Trying to capitalize.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Looks like Tee Martin was released by USC. Would love us to get him on staff.

I don't understand why we would be in favor of adding a Vol icon to the coaching staff. Grantham is disliked by many and barely tolerated by others because he "is a Dwag". Even though that UGA connection was just one 4 year stop on a long coaching journey. He certainly didn't play at Georgia and most fans don't see the Georgia connection being any stronger than the other stops in his coaching career.

Martin was the QB that beat the Gators on the way to winning a National Title at UT. He has a street next to the stadium named after him for cryin' out loud. How would adding him be any more agreeable than employing Grantham? (choke sign excluded!).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Mullen is a no-frills (fabrications untrue) recruiter. ?He just cannot speak that way.(You've seen his honest pressers.) As of Saturday he's acquired facts that shed good light. So now his spiel flows true. To earlier pitch guys with premature hyperbole = higher likelihood recruits turn UF down & commit to rivals. Each turn-down creates negatives on other recruits embracing UF and it bolsters whatever schools rival recruits flow toward. Again, with the televised demo of UF demolishing FSU via use of WRs, RBs etc coaches have recruiting ammo.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I don't understand why we would be in favor of adding a Vol icon to the coaching staff. Grantham is disliked by many and barely tolerated by others because he "is a Dwag". Even though that UGA connection was just one 4 year stop on a long coaching journey. He certainly didn't play at Georgia and most fans don't see the Georgia connection being any stronger than the other stops in his coaching career.

Martin was the QB that beat the Gators on the way to winning a National Title at UT. He has a street next to the stadium named after him for cryin' out loud. How would adding him be any more agreeable than employing Grantham? (choke sign excluded!).
I just want to point out and express my appreciation for your correct spelling of "Dwag".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator