2019 Quarterback Competition

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And I think it’s clear that coach feels Franks is the best option, both in terms of him sticking with him even after the Mizzou loss
When the backup QB he was about to start breaks his foot, it certainly made it easier to stick with Franks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is a game manager. He's fiery and he can run a little bit. He does need to take the step imo .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When the backup QB he was about to start breaks his foot, it certainly made it easier to stick with Franks.

But he was very noncommittal about Trask even after the game and before the injury. And in any event, EJ was still thought to be a future prospect, as opposed to saying “what the heck, the season’s over, let’s just play the Freshman.”

I just think Mullen feels that he can win with FF and isn’t sold, as of yet, that EJ is the upgrade that many here see. But again, we’ll see if that changes and there’s no need to stress about it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The goal is a national championship.

How many of you think Feleipe Franks is capable of leading us to a national championship?

Honestly, I don't think that matters. We won't have a roster that's able to win a championship until after Franks graduates. Continously finishing outside of the top 10 in recruiting will set you back a few years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he was very noncommittal about Trask even after the game and before the injury. And in any event, EJ was still thought to be a future prospect, as opposed to saying “what the heck, the season’s over, let’s just play the Freshman.”

I just think Mullen feels that he can win with FF and isn’t sold, as of yet, that EJ is the upgrade that many here see. But again, we’ll see if that changes and there’s no need to stress about it.
That raises the question of Mullen's tolerance. To his credit, the wins came about from defense, special teams AND offense.

What if he'd been more reliant on Franks' arm. Makes me wonder if we'd have maybe seen more of EJ.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I don't think there's any question that Mullen felt EJ wasn't ready this year - that was obvious. I do think he was about to play Trask one hell of a lot more after Missouri, however.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't think there's any question that Mullen felt EJ wasn't ready this year - that was obvious. I do think he was about to play Trask one hell of a lot more after Missouri, however.

Possible. I’m not convinced of that, but it’s pointless to debate.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I like his fight and never give in mentality. We’ve had nothing but quitters, whiners and dopers forever behind center. He’s got some stones.
Exactly. We've seen where FF started from, and how far he's come under Mullen in one year. I'm not going to bet against him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another solid win coupled with a Most Outstanding Player selection has really upset some Gator fans. No joy.
Not me, Marine. I couldn't be happier. But I also realize this is a potentially transitive team. I'm excited about the future. I'm looking forward. This is a quarterback-centric offense. I'm naturally curious about who's going to run the show.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Not me, Marine. I couldn't be happier. But I also realize this is a potentially transitive team. I'm excited about the future. I'm looking forward. This is a quarterback-centric offense. I'm naturally curious about who's going to run the show.

I like what you said earlier. Now we have true competition. I love all our guys. One of them will win the job and I’ll be excited as all get up. I won’t trash the others. I have never seen a fan base that insults their own players more than even our opponents do.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pooner is back.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Spot on. Should have scored 70 against top defense. Underachiever.
If you don't think we left a lot of points on the field, and have all season, I'm not sure what to say.

You also have to be related to Franks. It's the only explanation.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If you don't think we left a lot of points on the field, and have all season, I'm not sure what to say.

You also have to be related to Franks. It's the only explanation.

Of course we did. Every team in every game does. But we blew them out. Dominated them. Stomped their sorry azzes. Since when is that not enough?

Of course I am related to him. We’re both Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator