2020 NFL Draft Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really surprised they took Zuniga after getting burned on Polite last year.
Zuniga is not Polite, and I think the coaches warn them about polite. Actually Zuniga is the exact opposite of Polite. Zuniga is a team player who moved to the inside position because they needed him to. he didn't get highlighted at the rush position even though that's his natural position (outside linebacker). He didn't demand to be the showboat. Hell, even when Polite was gifted the rush position, he took place off if he wasn't getting a blitz call.

I believe there's a pretty good chance doing a Zuniga will succeed.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
He is truly an alltime great Gator.

I remember looking at him lining up a strong safety and thinking what in the hell are they doing. Damn did he prove any doubter wrong.

so fundamentally solid and he always came up huge in big games. we could use 5 Ahmad Blacks to put in our secondary right now.

His pick against Oklahoma was one of the most jaw dropping plays in Gator history. Here’s actual footage of Sam Bradford’s reaction.

giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tyrie Cleveland sneaks into the bottom of the 7th round. 3 WRs!!! We're back, baby!!!

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Jefferson, Cleveland, and Swain should be grateful Trask was their QB last year. With Franks, who knows what kind of tape they’d have for the scouts.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zuniga is not Polite, and I think the coaches warn them about polite. Actually Zuniga is the exact opposite of Polite. Zuniga is a team player who moved to the inside position because they needed him to. he didn't get highlighted at the rush position even though that's his natural position (outside linebacker). He didn't demand to be the showboat. Hell, even when Polite was gifted the rush position, he took place off if he wasn't getting a blitz call.

I believe there's a pretty good chance doing a Zuniga will succeed.

I think Zuniga will do well also, just pointing out that the Jets got burned on a UF edge rusher the year before. Zuniga killed the combine, which shows he worked hard getting ready - the exact opposite of what Polite did, supposedly had one of the worst combines "in history" (according to some of the analysts).

I think Polite is on the Rams practice squad, or he was at the end of the season. What a colossal bust.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Happy for all of our guys . I think Freddie is a sixth round steal . Seahawks just got themselves Golden Tate 2.0. Solid route runner with great hands .

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Surprisingly, Thaddeus Moss went undrafted (TE out of LSU, Randy's son). He signed as an UDFA w/ the Skins. Would have given LSU 15 draft picks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You won’t hear me defending WM or McElwain very often, but Robinson and AC could’ve broken that snap if not for their own stupidity and/or the Grier suspension. College production wasn’t ever going to be great...
kind of hard to see how you're defending McElwain, Mullens, or chimp with this.

saying they might have been able to overcome lack of production in our shttty offenses via enough performance at the combine isn't really excusing our Godawful string of coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised if perine was a solid pro. I don't think I'd expect him to be the bell cow.but he could definitely be a very solid 3rd down guy and back up.
Terry Jackson made a lot of money being that guy, third-down back, good enough runner, good hands as a receiver, good blocker, good on special teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.