Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s the only reason Wingo is committed to us and he’ll be an ILB in college. He also got hopper and Black will be back
Or maybe he is only reason backers will not commit to us. They dont want to be coached by a GA.

I REALLY like Wingo. He could be a game changer, but Im just not sure it is at ILB. He looks like a RUSH to me and he is still playing that in hs afaik.

Black has never played ILB. Lil Reese has never played LB at all. Neither had Burney.

Burney is a cautionary tale of the "we will just transition of safety to linebacker to overcome for our poor recruiting" plan. He simply hasn't made the transition and is only useful as a third-and-long guy because of his cover skills. Now what? we literally have no other decent options.

And at this point Burney is large enough that Grantham is probably thinking about moving him to DL, as he has allegedly done for a little Reese. :lmao2: got to be careful when you get over 220.

it's not as easy as just saying well this guy weighs 210+ so let's move into linebacker. The reads and instincts are entirely different.

We really need a few of those angry, blockbusting guys who love to punish RBs again. Angry mean nast mofos, not finesse heavy safety types (that most teams play at Star). Just putting a guy inside because you can get him up to 210 lb doesn't make him a linebacker.

Hopper is the only guy that has a chance to move from outside to inside effectively. and he needs about 30-40 pounds on frame to be an effective SEC linebacker.

That's one guy out of two classes plus one that's getting ready to sign. Remember this when our run D continues to suck.

If Robinson had signed 6 guys perhaps that overlook the fact that he's a stinking azz dwag.

I know Twitter Black Caucus is for some reason invested in Robinson, but I don't get my inside sources from Twitter.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Or maybe he is only reason backers will not commit to us. They dont want to be coached by a GA.

I REALLY like Wingo. He could be a game changer, but Im just not sure it is at ILB. He looks like a RUSH to me and he is still playing that in hs afaik.

Black has never played ILB. Lil Reese has never played LB at all. Neither had Burney.

Burney is a cautionary tale of the "we will just transition of safety to linebacker to overcome for our poor recruiting" plan. He simply hasn't made the transition and is only useful as a third-and-long guy because of his cover skills. Now what? we literally have no other decent options.

And at this point Burney is large enough that Grantham is probably thinking about moving him to DL, as he has allegedly done for a little Reese. :lmao2: got to be careful when you get over 220.

it's not as easy as just saying well this guy weighs 210+ so let's move into linebacker. The reads and instincts are entirely different.

We really need a few of those angry, blockbusting guys who love to punish RBs again. Angry mean nast mofos, not finesse heavy safety types (that most teams play at Star). Just putting a guy inside because you can get him up to 210 lb doesn't make him a linebacker.

Hopper is the only guy that has a chance to move from outside to inside effectively. and he needs about 30-40 pounds on frame to be an effective SEC linebacker.

that's one guy out of two classes plus one that's getting ready to sign.

If Robinson had signed 6 guys perhaps that overlook the fact that he's a stinking azz dwag.

I know Twitter Black Caucus is for some reason invested in Robinson, but I don't get my inside sources from Twitter.
Ill throw you a like here because this post made me chuckle multiple times

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sabans scared ...
giphy.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to give the OK after having already offered him?

Genuine question as I don't know the details of recruiting
there are offers and committable offers. every school kicks out 100's of offers, but only a finite number are commtitable

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So wheres the list of commitable offers as opposed to just offers?
It be supersecret. Probably on the wall in the bowels of the offices.

Some teams send out 200-300 "offers". Obviously only 25ish are commitable. They are more like those box valentines you gave to all the girls in elementary school.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We have to give the OK after having already offered him?

Genuine question as I don't know the details of recruiting

We have about 25 offers to RBs this year. We obviously can't take that many. Some kids get the type of offer where they can commit on the spot. Others, have to wait. They are Plan C.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
3 star JUCO DT Justin Jackson says he’s canceling his OV and that we stopped communicating with him.

Gotta be a good sign for other guys (I hope)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
3 star JUCO DT Justin Jackson says he’s canceling his OV and that we stopped communicating with him.

Gotta be a good sign for other guys (I hope)

Definitely a good sign. We’re not even keeping him at arm’s length, just in case. Just flat out hitting decline when he calls now and unfriending him on all social media. I like it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Reasons CDM will never have an"elite" recruiting class.
(By elite, I mean top five; by never I mean not in the next five years.)

1) He doesn't have the skills or personality to be a closer;
2) His evaluations don't agree with the recruiting services';
3) He prefers coaches who coach and develop to coaches who recruit;
4) Except for a very few, he wants to see their senior film before they get a committable offer; and,
5) We don't have elite facilities.

So why don't you Astrologers get used to it or see that we get another coach?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Reasons CDM will never have an"elite" recruiting class.
(By elite, I mean top five; by never I mean not in the next five years.)

1) He doesn't have the skills or personality to be a closer;
3) He prefers coaches who coach and develop to coaches who recruit;
4) Except for a very few, he wants to see their senior film before they get a committable offer; and,
5) We don't have elite facilities.

So why don't you Astrologers get used to it or see that we get another coach?
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, he swings and misses on the top kids all year long, then he goes hunting the leftovers.

We wont have to wait long. He way survive going 0-3 vs Ugly, but 0-4 kils him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.