Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@neteng, @GatorJ ,@BMF, @williston_gator ...You guys seem to be in the know so please refresh my memory, how many open spots do we have, after signing 9 during the ESD what are your realistic expectations to how many we may bring in on NDS?

IF we were to bring in Mathews, Dudley, and Perkins, how many more defenders would we take?

I know we need OL in a bad way as well, but we seem to be in the hunt for more defenders during this transition year.

@ltraz....should have included you here.

There are going to be more transfers, so the numbers are shaky (can't be nailed down to an exact number). I'd guess there's a good possibility we go into next season down at least 3 to 5 spots (meaning only 80 players on scholarship - other than walk-on's who are put on scholarship). We're allowed up to 32 spots this year (NCAA allowing an extra 7 spots for transfers this year only). I'd guess we get a few more HS kids on NSD in Feb and fill as many additional spots w/ transfers....but our 2023 signing class will be big (or should be).

Here's a scholarship chart from TOS:

screen-shot-2021-12-27-at-8-30-19-am-png.170455

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I’ve been incredibly busy over the past week moving across the country back home to Pensacola, so I’m just now getting a chance to catch up on the latest recruiting news. Damn… I can’t recall the last time I was so excited about recruiting. I refuse to get my hopes up for this class, but… to see how Napier has been able to rebuild the UF brand in the eyes of kids who prob don’t remember the last time we were a truly dominant program is incredible. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll end up with a good class this year, but won’t be shocked if we come up short due to timing. However, I’m bullish on our future. I think this guy is going to reel in a ton of blue chips over the next few years. Napier is light years ahead of what we have seen from our coaches over the past 12 years.
What part of Pcola, bayou? I grew up in Ferry Pass.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
What part of Pcola, bayou? I grew up in Ferry Pass.

I lived on Bayou Grande for forever until I bought a house across the bay in Gulf Breeze about 7 years ago. I currently have a tenant in that house. Been renting it while I’ve been working in CA for most of the past 4 years. They’ll be out in July, and I’ll move back into my house at that point. Until then, I am renting a house in East Hill from a friend.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I gotta admit, it makes my pecker stand at attention to think that we have a chance to actually land some of these kids and not be ridiculously disappointed come signing day.

Plus, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest that Nape and company are going after Texas and California kids. It bugged the schit out of me that Cousin Eddie did because we never stood a chance and the one Cali kid we got ended up being a headcase.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You make a really good point here. Those of us who don’t watch film or break it down regularly can easily be too quick to focus on stars rather than who fits a given system. We have a bunch of former four stars at DB on the roster; we are going to find out pretty quick who will be a fit in next fall’s defense.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
@Gulfstream ... I dont really know much of anything about anything. I just crawl through twitter and TOS then pass on what I see if I didnt see it here already.

I was kinda thinking we are going heavy on D more than O because our staff is more filled out on that side of the ball for now plus picking through whats left over. However, see my comment above yours...I really dont know much about anything when it comes to the numbers and such...but we did get a QB and a couple TEs. Have to think we land a RB between Etienne and Citizen. Seems like we need some OL but I have no idea who is out there that didnt sign or what the portal looks like for OL.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perkins is all about the $$$. He aint coming to Gainesville.

USCw & Texas were his $$ comments. He was projected to go to A&M before the recruiting boom hit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cantonment in da house!

I was born in Cantonment, 1945. Lived in a simple Jim Walter type house with the golf course right across the narrow street. All community events took place in a huge gazebo on the golf course. A private citizen built the paper mill there (and the golf course). That golf course hosted the Easter egg hunt, the traveling revivals, the Gazebo John Phillip Sousa band, etc. Then, St. Regis bought it for the workers and moved the entire neighborhood to Jax when I was six. In Jax (northside), I went to school with the same playmates I had in Cantonment.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Perkins is all about the $$$. He aint coming to Gainesville.

USCw & Texas were his $$ comments. He was projected to go to A&M before the recruiting boom hit.
His comments about the LA "market" were spot on. The schools around the best NIL markets will be the new 5 star hangouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator