Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
10065742-8C5E-459F-BAA0-38CA81AA3411.jpeg

Billboard on the Vegas strip. Someone put one up in Atlanta this past weekend. Not sure who’s doing it, but I like it. Getting the brand out there. Needs to be plastered on billboards in cities throughout FL and all across the South.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Love the energy. In home visits from the head coache? Shocking. I don't remember the last time MuLLLLLLLLLenz was in a picture with a recruit on an in-home visit, if ever.

Bring the Florida kids home.
You know what….now that you mentioned it, I can’t either. That’s freaking pathetic.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Any of our recruitniks hearing anything about Travis Hunter de-committing from FSU and signing with Ugly? I work with a guy who is not a Georgia fan, he's from Texas and is a Horns fan, and his son goes to Hunter's HS in Suwanee. He was acting like it was a done deal. On the one hand, if true, I like seeing FSU take a gut punch like this, but does Ugly really need any more 5*s? In the end it is probably just a bunch of HS rumor stuff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Napier offers quickly (only 2 weeks) he's probably been studying the guy for a year hopefully for his Louisiana team.?
Then again CBN may have done some wishful thinking that now with SEC magnetism, he can confidently pitch higher caliber players.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If they can manage to poach just a few from our biggest rivals, it will make for great optics and discussion on social media.
Maybe something's cooking in Gainesville.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Even if we don’t land a single one of these kids, it’s nice to know it won’t be for lack of effort from the new HC.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’d pump the brakes on any recruiting enthusiasm right now. I think we’re gonna be shocked at how few we sign on ESD and we’ll try to get some guys late and through the portal. Expect more attrition from this class and few flips. He laid it all out there in his presser he’s going to take his time hiring staff and recruiting. He’s not gonna sign guys just for class ranking. We’re gonna end up with a very small class I think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’d pump the brakes on any recruiting enthusiasm right now. I think we’re gonna be shocked at how few we sign on ESD and we’ll try to get some guys late and through the portal. Expect more attrition from this class and few flips. He laid it all out there in his presser he’s going to take his time hiring staff and recruiting. He’s not gonna sign guys just for class ranking. We’re gonna end up with a very small class I think.
I'd be surprised if we don't flip at least one of these blue chips he's working on. If I'm a recruit, the new era in Gainesville would intrigue me.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'd be surprised if we don't flip at least one of these blue chips he's working on. If I'm a recruit, the new era in Gainesville would intrigue me.
New coaches...young coaches...buzz of excitement...why not

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they’re willing to wait to Feb.
i'm sure there are a few that have already been evaluated or will be by ESD. Not saying anyone will jump on board, but i think the potential is there to sign a few

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unannounced staff guy there with Toney. Ashour Peer.

@realdevinmoore3: I Want To Thank Coach Toney And His Assitant For Stopping By, Had A Blast And Will Be Up There To See Them Again This Weekend! @PToney #ScaredMoneyDontMakeMoney

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Billboard on the Vegas strip. Someone put one up in Atlanta this past weekend. Not sure who’s doing it, but I like it. Getting the brand out there. Needs to be plastered on billboards in cities throughout FL and all across the South.

This is great we need brand recognition as far as we can get it. I'm getting more and more pumped about the future of this program.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If I'm a recruit, the new era in Gainesville would intrigue me.
As well as the available playing time in SEC ball.

Not to talk bad about our players (but I will), if you’re a blue chipper and can’t beat Mullen’s recruits for playing time, you probably ain’t a proper blue chipper.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agreed on the ESD numbers - we may sign between 5-10 at most.

CJ Smith just de-commited 2 minutes ago on twitter:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed on the ESD numbers - we may sign between 5-10 at most.

CJ Smith just de-commited 2 minutes ago on twitter:

I probably should be quoting Dude on this, but with the portal being what it is, would it not be less risky to try to maintain what we have and even reach a little from a perception standpoint? I think back on guys like Sledge and a few others in that 2005 class that were gone within a year or so, but helped the appearance that we were gaining immediate traction under
Meyer. Feels like the slower approach and the way the class falls back could hurt us much more so than having a few bodies that maybe don’t pan out and can be portaled out in a few years. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s making me nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator