Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Just leavin' this here...

This doom and gloom stuff is getting old. Beating Utah may quiet some of these yahoo's. I still think 7-8 wins is a reasonable expectation (with a win over the buttsniffers).

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Egauken was the most penalized lineman in the country last year. We have Slaughter and the freshman Harris who can easily replace him.

Not worried at all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Egauken was the most penalized lineman in the country last year. We have Slaughter and the freshman Harris who can easily replace him.

Not worried at all.
F'n A right!!! THIS is the kind of attitude we need around here!! Not a bunch of nervous Nellie's going all apoplectic in their knitting group!!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problems with this team coming to each game with a chip on their shoulder. These guys will be ready to play in 13 days.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Unbelievable lack of respect from the media. Let's hope Utah drinks the kool-aid too. Should be fun.

If Karl finishes the second half of the season with a 1-5 stretch he will be gone, I don't care what ANYONE says right now....there will be a new coach search before December...Even I have us finishing at least 5-7 to 7-5 and hopefully better than that. Only Muschamp gets a 4-8 pass....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Karl finishes the second half of the season with a 1-5 stretch he will be gone, I don't care what ANYONE says right now....there will be a new coach search before December...
Absolutely and totally ridiculous. The higher ups are VERY happy with the direction of the program. You think they are going to fire a guy 20 games into a rebuild after the complete turnaround of our recruiting?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If Karl finishes the second half of the season with a 1-5 stretch he will be gone, I don't care what ANYONE says right now....there will be a new coach search before December...Even I have us finishing at least 5-7 to 7-5 and hopefully better than that. Only Muschamp gets a 4-8 pass....
We'll have a pretty good indication of how the season will progress after the Utah game.

He has the top academic roster in the SEC and has a top 5 recruiting class ... I don't think the record this year is all that important.

Regardless ... if he beats the buttsniffers he gets a pass from me. He's going to do it too. (and he has to finish with at least a top 3-4 sec class)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Absolutely and totally ridiculous. The higher ups are VERY happy with the direction of the program. You think they are going to fire a guy 20 games into a rebuild after the complete turnaround of our recruiting?

There was a temporary stretch there where Crete was slimming down, getting healthy and really putting together some logical, lucid posts. I’ve been concerned since national household credit card debt reached 1 trillion last week. And his ramblings since have all but confirmed my fears that he is back to being inundated at his wife’s business, processing refi docs and practically living off those sleeves of peanuts and sodas from the snack machine. His only outlet that doesn’t involve salt or high-fructose corn syrup is wildly inaccurate claims and poorly placed laughing emojis. I won’t lie to you. It’s been one of the toughest downslides I’ve ever watched.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I would be dismayed to say the least but barring an epidemic of injuries, I don't see that happening.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
With the 2024 schedule, I don't think we try hiring into that mess, because it will be harder to attract talent. Despite all the awful predictions for this season, season 2 is where coaches see a bump and Billy absolutely needs it this year or he's fired after 2024. Assuming we are getting better, and perhaps even playing a freshman at QB, he can survive a 4-5 loss 2024 (which may require a much better team that this year).

Compare the schedule ranked, by me, hardest to easiest of each year:

2023 ------ 2024
uga uga (push)
LSU LSU (push)
UTenn Texas (2024)
Utah Utenn (2024)
fsu fsu (push, perhaps 2023 if the nulls qb and transfers are a stepback)
SC Tx AM (2024)
Arkansas Miami (2024)
KY Ky (push)
Mizz Miss (2024)
Vandy Ms st. (2024)
Charlotte UCF (2024 - UCF should maybe be higher)
McNeese Samford (push)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think if we're 4-8 and recruits are dropping like flies , it would definitely be up for discussion. But they're damn sure not going to fire a guy with the #3 recruiting class. I don't care what his record is

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think if we're 4-8 and recruits are dropping like flies , it would definitely be up for discussion. But they're damn sure not going to fire a guy with the #3 recruiting class. I don't care what his record is
I would agree with an assertion that staff looking inadequate during games and another losing season would cost us recruits. Too many programs will be talking to our commits if we struggle and likely offering a raise.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
In before someone mentions Mac's recruiting class before he was fired...and ignore everything else around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator