Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This thread desperately needs

tea party GIF by CBS

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Treyaun Webb said on his IG that he will be committing this weekend. Not sure if that will happen or not but its out there.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Treyaun Webb said on his IG that he will be committing this weekend. Not sure if that will happen or not but its out there.
Sounds like all but a done deal. We’ve been needing the dam to break on acouple of these guys that have been hard leans for a long time

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There were rumors of Jayden Rashada visiting scUM. Here is a quote from On3's Corey Bender,

"I think he is done taking visits. The kid is worn out from the recruiting process altogether."

Corey went on to say that it seems to be between us and aTm. He is committing on Saturday (18th). Since they are still all in on Dante Moore, things are looking very good for UF. But, with NIL, anything can happen. aTm could bow out of the Moore sweepstakes, turn to Rashada, and offer him a massive NIL at the last second. That is doubtful right now.

Another recruiting note, our new tight end coach can't seem to recruit a tight end at all this cycle no matter how hard he tries. He is the one coach who doesn't seem to be pulling his weight.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There were rumors of Jayden Rashada visiting scUM. Here is a quote from On3's Corey Bender,

"I think he is done taking visits. The kid is worn out from the recruiting process altogether."

Corey went on to say that it seems to be between us and aTm. He is committing on Saturday (18th). Since they are still all in on Dante Moore, things are looking very good for UF. But, with NIL, anything can happen. aTm could bow out of the Moore sweepstakes, turn to Rashada, and offer him a massive NIL at the last second. That is doubtful right now.

Another recruiting note, our new tight end coach can't seem to recruit a tight end at all this cycle no matter how hard he tries. He is the one coach who doesn't seem to be pulling his weight.

Several of us were confused by the Brewster move. Seems like the reservations were well founded. Only coaching decision I didn’t like. But Napier doesn’t seem to be the kind of guy who watches failure for long. So either it improves or he’s toast.

Thanks for all the updates.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Several of us were confused by the Brewster move. Seems like the reservations were well founded. Only coaching decision I didn’t like. But Napier doesn’t seem to be the kind of guy who watches failure for long. So either it improves or he’s toast.

Thanks for all the updates.
And Brewster was classy all the way out. The guy really wanted to stay with us it looked. That was a head scratcher.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I see you are still triggered about the whole gibson exchange the other day.

But seriously, who did Brewster recruit at TE? Zipp? Gamble? I honestly can't remember or care to look it up so was hoping someone else would. Its only June, but I also am not sure who is on our TE board. I know running a lot of 12 it will be a very important position. There is talk about how special Boardingham has the possibility of becoming but its obvious we need to add to this position group every class. Someone more smart than me can correct me on all of this because Im just thowing out what I think is correct but I very well could be wrong. I think once we get the QB1 commit things should start falling into place.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I see you are still triggered about the whole gibson exchange the other day.

But seriously, who did Brewster recruit at TE? Zipp? Gamble? I honestly can't remember or care to look it up so was hoping someone else would. Its only June, but I also am not sure who is on our TE board. I know running a lot of 12 it will be a very important position. There is talk about how special Boardingham has the possibility of becoming but its obvious we need to add to this position group every class. Someone more smart than me can correct me on all of this because Im just thowing out what I think is correct but I very well could be wrong. I think once we get the QB1 commit things should start falling into place.

:lol:

Technically the whole premise is wrong, as coaches aren’t always responsible for their position only. So new guy or Brewster can’t be judged solely on that. I think the question was more about TB as a recruiter in general, which was pretty widely accepted. The new coach seemed like one of the few non-upgrades, maybe the only one, which is why it’s even questioned. Hopefully he turns out to be great.

Do agree with you on a QB. I’m no scout and couldn’t tell you who will be good at the next level or not. But what I do like about what I’m seeing from this Rashada kid is that he’s announcing in June. Wherever he goes, he clearly wants to be integral in building out the rest of the class. Feels like we haven’t had that in a while. Both Grier and Leak did that, Tebow as well, though still later in the process. Shows maturity and recognition that if you don’t have a solid supporting cast, you’re not going you accomplish much.

Also hopeful on Boardingham. Maybe that’s the play here.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
:lol:

Technically the whole premise is wrong, as coaches aren’t always responsible for their position only. So new guy or Brewster can’t be judged solely on that. I think the question was more about TB as a recruiter in general, which was pretty widely accepted. The new coach seemed like one of the few non-upgrades, maybe the only one, which is why it’s even questioned. Hopefully he turns out to be great.

Do agree with you on a QB. I’m no scout and couldn’t tell you who will be good at the next level or not. But what I do like about what I’m seeing from this Rashada kid is that he’s announcing in June. Wherever he goes, he clearly wants to be integral in building out the rest of the class. Feels like we haven’t had that in a while. Both Grier and Leak did that, Tebow as well, though still later in the process. Shows maturity and recognition that if you don’t have a solid supporting cast, you’re not going you accomplish much.

Also hopeful on Boardingham. Maybe that’s the play here.

Im not sure how active Peagler is on the trail and I haven't heard his name mentioned much so could be some truth to it. Not trying to come to the guy's rescue or defend something just because I am a bonifide pumper at the moment, I just think its a bit early for passing some judgement. For example, Colbert has been thrown a lot of shade thus far but I am pretty sure his dominos are going to start falling soon. Coach Napier talked about it in the presser, that it will be methodical, can't do B until you do A type stuff. We pursued Andy Jean at WR and most started chanting 3* U...fast forward now and it appears Jean is getting a whole lot of attention from some big programs and now all of the sudden we want him bad and if we miss out on him we suck at recruiting.

Also, stuff coming from Bender should be taken with a grain of salt. That guy puts some stuff out there just to get clicks. Not saying everything he says is like that, just saying he isn't the most trustworthy (not sure who is now that I think about it though). I dont have the context of what was said over that made @maheo30 bring it up

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
btw...just came across this over at tos. Reid Mikeska just cancelled his OV for next week because...

"According to Mikeska, Florida told him they don't plan on taking a TE in the 2023 class"

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
btw...just came across this over at tos. Reid Mikeska just cancelled his OV for next week because...

"According to Mikeska, Florida told him they don't plan on taking a TE in the 2023 class"
Does that make any sense?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

If we are up against numbers, they feel good with the current roster(someone like Boardingham) and maybe have someone in the ‘24 class they prefer, it might. If they’re making that bold of a decision, there has to be logic behind it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If we are up against numbers, they feel good with the current roster(someone like Boardingham) and maybe have someone in the ‘24 class they prefer, it might. If they’re making that bold of a decision, there has to be logic behind it.

Im not sure how the staff feels about their TE room or what they plan to do about it this year, the 'not taking a TE in this class' thing came from the recruit. I do think with how good Zanders looked at TE once they moved him over along with maybe taking Boardingham and the Quad God Hansen they could feel good about where they are at. I dont know. Maybe someone like @ltraz can chime in about how many TEs we should recruit each cycle if we are going to be a heavy 12 team.
Not sure who he recruited but at least he didn’t fuch up Pitt. Helped turn a three star into a all American , maybe the best we ever seen at Fl.
Yet still couldn't sign a top TE with being able to put Pitts on his resume...

Don't get me wrong, I liked Brewster, but I think he looked a lot better than he did because he was working with a bunch of idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.