Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
No, but I would allow Billy to shoot me but we all know he'd miss on that target as well .
Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I am surprised he even came to UF...He knew FSU was his pick

Again this will sound like I’m bashing Napier and I’m really not trying to. But if what you and neteng are saying is the case, and we were never in it for him, why even bring him in and let him troll us like that? Need to do a better job of recognizing that moving forward. True or not, the rumor that he’s committing elsewhere while on an OV here looks bad. Perception is key in recruiting. Meyer learned that with Robinson in his first class, trolling us and flipping on NSD. So it happens.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Again this will sound like I’m bashing Napier and I’m really not trying to. But if what you and neteng are saying is the case, and we were never in it for him, why even bring him in and let him troll us like that? Need to do a better job of recognizing that moving forward. True or not, the rumor that he’s committing elsewhere while on an OV here looks bad. Perception is key in recruiting. Meyer learned that with Robinson in his first class, trolling us and flipping on NSD. So it happens.
The same reason we went after Arch...So what be like Butters McShark and Cousin Eddie?
Using your philosophy we never should have tried at IMG.

Question: Do you play LOTTO or gamble at all?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The bar has always been a top 10 (or better ) recruiting class for my approval.

I think that's realistic.

We won't know until Dec 21st.
Top 10 will keep us right where we are. Runner up at best in our own division, let alone conference or nation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The same reason we went after Arch...So what be like Butters McShark and Cousin Eddie?
Using your philosophy we never should have tried at IMG.

Question: Do you play LOTTO or gamble at all?

I’m not suggesting we don’t go after long shots. I’m talking about kids we apparently have no chance at all with. A kid that commits moments after leaving was not only not in play, but obviously did all this for a reason. Part of recruiting at this level and at this program is trying to see that coming. As I said, Meyer had it happen to him early on as well. He learned from it and didn’t have it happen again. BN just needs to do the same. Not a big deal.

Also no, I don’t gamble or play the lotto. I don’t throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun Tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won, before it’s ever fought.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing new on a recruit going to another OV. They are wanting to go see and take advantage of all the freebies. I am sure we have some doing the same.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thats a lot of words on an opinion of a guy you didn't even know was a recruit until you saw he went to fsu. And he didn't commit while on visit at UF, it was after he left. I think it was within an hour of leaving though.

With that said, it sounds like the staff was surprised he committed right after the visit as well. That edit sure was ready to go as well so it sure does seem like he trolled us. So are you saying the staff should tell any player that is leaning somewhere else that they can't take an OV to us going forward? Just trying to nail down what is your solution to this problem that you dont even have the full details on.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone going to watch the Rashada commit party? I am not. I gotta feeling he is going to do the whole pick one hat up, put it down and then pick up another hat type of thing, and I just dont want to see that crap.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When is the last time a coach landing his first full-time recruiting class at a school finished in the top 6?
2006 - Meyer’s first full-year class ranked 2nd.

2008 - Saban ranked #1

2012 - Muschamp’s ranked 3rd

2017 - Kirby ranked 3rd

2019 - Jimbo ranked 6th

Looks like 2019 was the last time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thats a lot of words on an opinion of a guy you didn't even know was a recruit until you saw he went to fsu. And he didn't commit while on visit at UF, it was after he left. I think it was within an hour of leaving though.

With that said, it sounds like the staff was surprised he committed right after the visit as well. That edit sure was ready to go as well so it sure does seem like he trolled us. So are you saying the staff should tell any player that is leaning somewhere else that they can't take an OV to us going forward? Just trying to nail down what is your solution to this problem that you dont even have the full details on.

I addressed what I meant above in response to NOLA. There are ways of trying to insulate yourself from this. None of this is worth a multi-post back and forth.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
2006 - Meyer’s first full-year class ranked 2nd.

2008 - Saban ranked #1

2012 - Muschamp’s ranked 3rd

2017 - Kirby ranked 3rd

2019 - Jimbo ranked 6th

Looks like 2019 was the last time.

So Muschamp's was ranked 3rd with no offense...this is what y'all want?

Cousin Eddie came real close to beating Saban with what?

If we had a decent DC and just a slightly better than average OL what could we have done?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I addressed what I meant above in response to NOLA. There are ways of trying to insulate yourself from this. None of this is worth a multi-post back and forth.
Im asking how do they insulate from it. Details, you got any, or is just some nice words you liked the way they looked when you wrote them. I think it would be a really stupid approach to tell someone they can't visit because they are leaning somewhere else. Would we had let Kamari, Shemar or Etienne visit in your world?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So um....it's 4:20 by my watch... Am I celebrating or healing depression?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No, but I would allow Billy to shoot me but we all know he'd miss on that target as well. I tried to add a smiley on the end of this post but I can't figure out how to do that **** since the update.
You can't figure out how to click a smiley? I'm certainly not surprised, even though it's exactly the same as before the update.

If you aren't going to shoot yourself, you should head over to the Ole Miss boards where you can watch a real coach in action. His #51 class is a wonder to behold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator