Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
So, I’m kind of a big picture guy. We’re sitting at #40 on July 3rd of what is supposed to be our new stud coach’s bump class. The game is played they way the game is played and we’re on the outside looking in right now hoping for verbals from kids that can’t get UGA to return their calls and expecting to get beat by UT on top flight Florida talent. Pretty sad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, I’m kind of a big picture guy. We’re sitting at #40 on July 3rd of what is supposed to be our new stud coach’s bump class. The game is played they way the game is played and we’re on the outside looking in right now hoping for verbals from kids that can’t get UGA to return their calls and expecting to get beat by UT on top flight Florida talent. Pretty sad.

Still think it was a good idea to tell (via text) a Top-100 Orlando area WR to wait to sign until we evaluated his film?

This is all still part of the burn it to the ground process that was championed by several here.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

If BN and UF don’t get this turned around by the time the trio of Lakeland guys commit 7/28, and whiff on those cats, it’ll never straighten out. UF refused to enter the previous arms race and descended into irrelevance. Seems that attitude still prevails here in the age of NIL. Meanwhile, in Miami……..

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still think it was a good idea to tell (via text) a Top-100 Orlando area WR to wait to sign until we evaluated his film?

This is all still part of the burn it to the ground process that was championed by several here.
I cannot believe you lapped up that ridiculous fable and continue to piss about it over and over. Get over it, he’s gone and was never going to play for UF when Mullen left. Never.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Have you considered jumping off a cliff to stop the pain?

Idiots complain and bitch when UF signs a 3-star, then bitch when he leaves? I thought 3-stars sucked? Shouldn’t it make you happy?

If you marry a fat girl, who is not all that attractive, expect to get criticism. If said fat girl, who is still not all that attractive, ends up leaving you for another man, expect to get seriously roasted. Yea, it becomes worse. Not that complicated.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you marry a fat girl, who is not all that attractive, expect to get criticism. If said fat girl, who is still not all that attractive, ends up leaving you for another man, expect to get seriously roasted. Yea, it becomes worse. Not that complicated.
Moronic. I never thought I’d see the day when you’d sink to being one of these guys.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016

You seem to be hung up on the Evers/Gibson saga. If those two recruits define Napier, we’re completely screwed. And once again, I stand by my burn it to the ground comment with regard to anyone that committed to Mullen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I cannot believe you lapped up that ridiculous fable and continue to piss about it over and over. Get over it, he’s gone and was never going to play for UF when Mullen left. Never.

For starters, it’s not a fable. We asked a bulk of our inherited class to wait. He was one of them. It’s well documented, as is his reaffirming a commitment to UF post Mullen.

Anyway, I asked a question.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Moronic. I never thought I’d see the day when you’d sink to being one of these guys.

One of what guys? I’ve been a huge fan of Napier from day one. I’ll also acknowledge that he’s made some mistakes. And I’m not going to completely change my view because of the person in question. You’d be leading the charge of this were a year ago and the coach’s name was Mullen. And I’d be right there with you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You seem to be hung up on the Evers/Gibson saga. If those two recruits define Napier, we’re completely screwed. And once again, I stand by my burn it to the ground comment with regard to anyone that committed to Mullen.

So Miller over AR? Dexter, Scooby, Elam, Van, Grenard, Whittemore, Princely, all guys we needed or will need this year, all garbage?

Might as well check back in about 4-5 years then and not even worry about this class if that’s the case.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
It feels like the rashada recruitment derailed any momentum BN had. We need a leader of this class which I have no idea who it will be now...the best we can hope for is to win big this season

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It feels like the rashada recruitment derailed any momentum BN had. We need a leader of this class which I have no idea who it will be now...the best we can hope for is to win big this season

I actually think we’ll still be fine. We need to close on a QB, but even grabbing guys like McLain and pulling some receivers will help. I don’t think the momentum is terrible, it’s just not the momentum that some expected given the early enthrallment with Napier. I do think he needs time, and I hope he gets it.

The issue, again, is those that were so disenchanted with the previous regimes that they made the new coach entirely above reproach. He is going to seriously screw up some things. and we are going to call him out for it, especially given the last decade of failures. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we are off the Napier train. It simply means that this is what a sports bar element creates, and message boards, as I was once told, are not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.