Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
1656908196942.gif Johnathan Cormani McClain is a professional. He needs not be a drug addictied disgraceful scUM. Can’t wait until he’s in the orange and blue

Attachments

• 1656908198059.gif
    1656908198059.gif
    2 MB · Views: 16

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You can't help yourself. It's not youth...it's you.

So I'll go back to ignoring you...you can argue with yourself

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Happy 4th errbody, and HBD 'Merica!

Truth is on all of this recruiting and NIL stuff there is so much that we really don't know. I do think some momentum got derailed by Rashada's pick but who da hell really knows. Did we really offer the $$ to Rashada or did not? What's the real reason kids are backing off, pushing dates back? Are they sitting back going whoa, maybe I can squeeze some $$? This whole system and they way recruiting is going is totally different. Too much unknown that leads for a boat load of speculation. I never have wished for Media Days and Fall Camp to start so fast. I do know this, I have not lost confidence in Napier at all. He is much better to handle the shyt show that was left by Mullen. Could you all imagine where we'd be with Mullenthams's "relentless effort" with all of this? His approach may have been to take all the Croots to the islands with him and have Megan kiss them all day? Maybe one day we'll know what all has gone on with these recruits and slime bag attorneys.

We need a good commit or two to get the ball going. I would not be surprised to see many push back committing til or through the season. It kinda feels UF is at a wait and see what the Gators do before I commit. And after the dumpster fires from the 3 previous staffs, I get it.

Just ready for this Season and if things go like I hope they do, things will smooth out and we'll be right in the thick of things from a recruiting standpoint. Might be hoping but with all the unknowns, it is what it is.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If you marry a fat girl, who is not all that attractive, expect to get criticism. If said fat girl, who is still not all that attractive, ends up leaving you for another man, expect to get seriously roasted. Yea, it becomes worse. Not that complicated.
No one is married yet, we have lots of dating yet to do and we aren’t privy to the full dating scene.

I’m not sure how to compare bump classes now with those pre-ESD, especially since the big, intense staff approach isn’t new anymore.

But we can compare with those in similar circumstances. As of this morning, we are lagging but there isn’t much difference between UF and most of the other major transition programs (OU, scUM, USC, LSU etc.), the exception being ND at #1 presently. By that I mean 1-2 commitments will shift things radically.

We really need to get the top guys on our board, and the window is narrowing. I like everything they are doing but they have to close.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one is married yet, we have lots of dating yet to do and we aren’t privy to the full dating scene.

I’m not sure how to compare bump classes now with those pre-ESD, especially since the big, intense staff approach isn’t new anymore.

But we can compare with those in similar circumstances. As of this morning, we are lagging but there isn’t much difference between UF and most of the other major transition programs (OU, scUM, USC, LSU etc.), the exception being ND at #1 presently. By that I mean 1-2 commitments will shift things radically.

We really need to get the top guys on our board, and the window is narrowing. I like everything they are doing but they have to close.
Precisely.

So much has changed and how do you compare it to the past. Too much of a game changer. And yes, get the targets and just a couple will change the rankings drastically.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We have a coach that modeled his system after Saban's...NO he does NOT copy Saban's offense. NO he does not have Saban's talent.
Napier is relentless. He's aggressive. He is detailed. He is always prepared. He may lose but it won't be for being unprepared. Something UF has been lacking.
He's put players in the NFL from UL...that's saying something.
Again...build it and they will come.. Napier's building

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We have a coach that modeled his system after Saban's...NO he does NOT copy Saban's offense. NO he does not have Saban's talent.
Napier is relentless. He's aggressive. He is detailed. He is always prepared. He may lose but it won't be for being unprepared. Something UF has been lacking.
He's put players in the NFL from UL...that's saying something.
Again...build it ant they will come.. Napier's building
Just because you keep saying that shyt doesn't make it anymore true. Truth is none of us *******s have any idea how he's going to do, but the ones that have a fully functional brain understand if he doesn't land top 5 recruiting classes regularly then he won't win shyt. Just like every other coach we've had since Urban.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just because you keep saying that shyt doesn't make it anymore true. Truth is none of us *******s have any idea how he's going to do, but the ones that have a fully functional brain understand if he doesn't land top 5 recruiting classes regularly then he won't win shyt. Just like every other coach we've had since Urban.
So he won't win? Then let's just end it now.:harvey1:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly.

I've set my standard for the first year a little lower than most:

W/L Record:

I don't care. 0-10-1 set the stage for some dominating Gator football in the 80s.

Recruiting:

Dec 21st we'll know. Top 10 class minimum. MINUMUM. Big Butts. Both sides of the ball.

Discipline on the field:

Stupid penalties stop. No excuses. No exceptions.

Beat the Leghumpers

1- 10 is OK as long as that 1 is those MOFOS. If it's a loss, it better be THE most well coached, executed and phenomenal game plan I've EVER seen. Otherwise ... BN and staff can PI$$ OFF.

Three criteria.

Meet those criteria (which are very attainable IF BN and staff stay focused) and I'm good.

I'll mostly know by Oct 30th.

I'll definitely know by Dec 22nd.

(I'm just trying to justify staying out of this thread until it's time. I can't make the grass grow faster.)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is relentless. He's aggressive. He is detailed. He is always prepared. He may lose but it won't be for being unprepared.
NOLA, those Nap attributes bring to my mind: Coach Vince Lombardi. What if.? It was a one-way street with Lombardi, no looking back, no doubting the process. Just put in the work to work the input altogether. (Oops.! There goes another rubber tree plant.)

I'm feeling a Big Gator surge = Fighting Gators will make a splash ... Taking advantage of opposing mistakes, making them make mistakes. That flaw that AR will rip 'em over. O & B Florida jerseys atop the pile, through the pile. Sustained drives via our multiplicity of weapons. Let us see the boys have great fun at football, as we well up in cheers. Where is the sin in pumping Gator football.? All us need to have our Gator momentum motivation ready to go, ready to push the Gator players. That rabid rowdy enthusiasm will reverberate through our players as well as cause future stars to align. That's the way Florida should be doing it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I agree that the landscape has changed. Though in some ways, I think NIL has made it easier on coaches to have early, nearly instant, success in recruiting simply because it’s less about build a relationship and more about the deal available. But again, I do recognize that comparisons are going to be skewed given the current climate.

One area that I feel hasn’t changed(and again, maybe it has and I’m wrong) is the importance of the bump class. I feel like we need a strong finish here and hopeful we get it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I agree that the landscape has changed. Though in some ways, I think NIL has made it easier on coaches to have early, nearly instant, success in recruiting simply because it’s less about build a relationship and more about the deal available. But again, I do recognize that comparisons are going to be skewed given the current climate.

One area that I feel hasn’t changed(and again, maybe it has and I’m wrong) is the importance of the bump class. I feel like we need a strong finish here and hopeful we get it.
We’ll see come ESD whether or not NIL is making a huge difference. Right now it’s hard to say. Texas has always been a moneyed sleeping giant in fertile recruiting ground. Arch Manning going there wouldn’t be a shock regardless of NIL. Is ND doling out big NIL deals? If we see Bama, UGA, tOSU etc. in the top 5 at the end then what would have changed? Even aTm has recruited well in the past & Jimbo has always been a good recruiter.

Not saying NIL isn’t affecting things but it’s too early to say how much for sure and what fruit that will bear in terms of actual championships. Development & chemistry/culture will remain huge factors. You might attract a handful of unproven prima donnas who think they are all world and poison your locker room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.