Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Try this gator fans: college football is dead. The admin is in the process of getting its wish. NIL makes the link between football and the university so slight and tenuous that schhools like UF will give up big time football. Within a decade we will have a Southern Ivy League of football.
Can you please direct me to your dealer?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Try this gator fans: college football is dead. The admin is in the process of getting its wish. NIL makes the link between football and the university so slight and tenuous that schhools like UF will give up big time football. Within a decade we will have a Southern Ivy League of football.

9bdb8f58-0a1d-41c0-8ce6-5eb6b97e90fd_text.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
How much would it cost Disney to buy the Gainesville team and how much benefit would Disney get? The first corporation to buy a team will get a TON of publicity.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How much would it cost Disney to buy the Gainesville team and how much benefit would Disney get? The first corporation to buy a team will get a TON of publicity.
I don't think that's quite how it works.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I get that we mostly think of boosters paying more than the endorsements are worth, but think outside the box. The Kyle-to-Kyle connection could have been exploited by a good ad man for real publicity. How about a D-line that was really good? So when four 5 stars are available some recruiting class, make them an attractive offer, but only as a package. Maybe, not likely, but the present situation was unlikely a few years ago.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'd tell you to put your foot down, but I guess threatening her with a 3 day vacation probably doesn't have quite the same effect.
I swear to God I'm not making this up: there have been times during arguments I have almost actually said "I'm going to ban you for life" or "I'm going to send you to Swamp Gas". Fortunately the circuit breaker kicked in before those words escaped my mouth. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think that's quite how it works.

Why not? What's to stop it?

"Texas A&M boosters are rumored to have committed over $25 million to NIL deals to help bolster recruiting, both this year and in the future."
"The University of Texas boosters recently set up a program that's paying $50,000 per year to offensive linemen who are on scholarship."

"Not only will prioritizing NIL opportunities shift the focus for college programs...

"Now, nobody cared about the facilities. Nobody cared about the nutrition program, the strength and conditioning, even the depth chart,"
Huffman said. "NIL started to become prominent in what recruits wanted to know, but also became prominent in what coaches were trying to sell.”

Napier is bringing us into the 21st century with facilities, nutrition, etc. But the game has changed and NIL is king. A&M pulled in 18 top 100 recruits through NIL (we have two). Odds are they win an NC with that class. If we don't jump on NIL immediately we are going to have another lost decade.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? What's to stop it?

"Texas A&M boosters are rumored to have committed over $25 million to NIL deals to help bolster recruiting, both this year and in the future."
"The University of Texas boosters recently set up a program that's paying $50,000 per year to offensive linemen who are on scholarship."

"Not only will prioritizing NIL opportunities shift the focus for college programs...

"Now, nobody cared about the facilities. Nobody cared about the nutrition program, the strength and conditioning, even the depth chart,"
Huffman said. "NIL started to become prominent in what recruits wanted to know, but also became prominent in what coaches were trying to sell.”

Napier is bringing us into the 21st century with facilities, nutrition, etc. But the game has changed and NIL is king. A&M pulled in 18 top 100 recruits through NIL (we have two). Odds are they win an NC with that class. If we don't jump on NIL immediately we are going to have another lost decade.
Because of a technicality in what he said :grin:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like it. And I'm afraid I'm not going to like the game because of it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

High school Football NIL Rankings

The top 25 would cost $5.3M to answer your question. A drop in the bucket for Disney. There isn't any Florida law that would stop any corporation from doing that if they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.