Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Castell goes to the HS I went to :yes:

Easy transition, they are Orange and Blue also :lol:

My mom was the first graduating class from WOHS so it always has a special place in my heart. Meanwhile, UF has only taken one guy from the HS I graduated from and he got arrested/kicked off before we got him on campus. But, Florida does have Peera who may have bounced from my high school after violations (and other things I have heard from former staffers including leaving a large bill for the school/district). I can only say that I've been told that and don't know myself.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh, we're overtaking Miami, and that fact is going to be shoved up the backside of quite a few members here. Looking forward to it.

gloves-on-im-ready.gif

That sounds disgusting. What’s the matter with you?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

This. BCR is a big deal and something we've woefully missed the last decade. I'm a big picture numbers guy. I couldn't eval a recruit with a gun pointed at my head. I watched Debose in HS and I'm still waiting for him to have his breakout year. At the end of the day the contenders have x, y, z stats and that's all I judge by.
But something interesting about this class that I haven't seen dissected is the standard deviation of a class.
What we are seeing in this class is zero fat. There are no 5*s that will never see the field due to grades. There aren't any lowly rated ham&eggers who will never make the travel team. It looks like every player in this class is going to be a contributor. And that may be our MO. From that perch all it takes is that special QB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This. BCR is a big deal and something we've woefully missed the last decade. I'm a big picture numbers guy. I couldn't eval a recruit with a gun pointed at my head. I watched Debose in HS and I'm still waiting for him to have his breakout year. At the end of the day the contenders have x, y, z stats and that's all I judge by.
But something interesting about this class that I haven't seen dissected is the standard deviation of a class.
What we are seeing in this class is zero fat. There are no 5*s that will never see the field due to grades. There aren't any lowly rated ham&eggers who will never make the travel team. It looks like every player in this class is going to be a contributor. And that may be our MO. From that perch all it takes is that special QB.
Andy Jeans GPA is 3.5

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

“Coach Napier is a great dude and a great coach,” Jean said. “He coached Amari Cooper (who also played at Miami Northwestern). When he got the job, he watched my tape and said right away that I reminded him of Amari Cooper. That was when I was committed to Miami, but he still called me a lot and was just like, ‘I would love to coach you and get you developed by some of the coaches I have here.’ I could feel that it was real and he wasn’t just lying to me.”

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well, dang it, we may take our lumps this year but I'm starting to feel better about next year. Is that allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator