Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
If Richardson were to leave, we would be left with four total quarterbacks. And only two that were highly rated at all. I’m big on loyalty, especially for Florida kids, and for someone who reportedly wanted to be a Gator all along. I thought Stokes handled the process extremely well knowing that he was clearly our Plan B. From the moment we missed on Rashada in June, we flipped our attention to him and he wasn’t resentful at all. Immediately committed. I personally would like to keep him in his class .
After recovering from my hammered mushrooms, I'm forced to agree with you.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think the question becomes: which pans out most of the time a) a consensus #1 DB and #1 defensive player in the country from Florida or b) a consensus 4th ranked QB from California?

Will the QB be a starter and gamechanger from day one? Joe Burrow wasn't. UToothless QB wasn't. Leghumper QB wasnt.

Will the CB? If he is, then he takes some of the heat off of a very thin, and very young DL. It will take time (a couple of years) to develop the DL physically.

The CB visiting this weekend may do the trick too. But he's (supposedly) not committing until ESD.

Cormani was supposed to be a lock. :(
A CB has far less potential to affect the outcome of games, seasons and programs than a QB, rush DE or the big uglies up front. I’m not saying we didn’t badly want Cormani and his potential influence on the class, but hitting on the right QB is way more critical and hardest to nail down.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Richardson were to leave, we would be left with four total quarterbacks. And only two that were highly rated at all. I’m big on loyalty, especially for Florida kids, and for someone who reportedly wanted to be a Gator all along. I thought Stokes handled the process extremely well knowing that he was clearly our Plan B. From the moment we missed on Rashada in June, we flipped our attention to him and he wasn’t resentful at all. Immediately committed. I personally would like to keep him in his class .
I agree, I just wanted an excuse to use that epic gif.

However, I've become of the opinion that AR is going to stay.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We've have a very solid db class already. Idk what this has to do with Cormani but this a way bigger commitment. We needed a qb badly in this class and got one . And at the same time we just ripped the backbone right out of Miami's recruiting class. I love it.

I think Cormani sticking with scUM will be a whatever to us real soon...

1668176750666.png

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
No recruit has SIGNED anywhere yet. Like BN said last week about the class: "We have to close".

I have a feeling watching recruits /NIL up to ESD is going to be like watching Jiffy Pop popcorn.

As far as the tweet ...
David Harbour No GIF by Saturday Night Live

We're fans... we want it, and we want it now.
Yeah...but its mid November

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the camper that I hope we keep stokes too. He was on a crappy team this year it affected his numbers. I think in a few years he'd be ready to compete for the job here. We're in need of an influx of talent at the qb position, anyhow.
Also,he's been a really big recruiter for us and our class really started to take off after he committed. I think alot of the guys like him. Hope he sticks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may be wrong, but I think we’ll be getting Ricks’ last visit, just before ESD, which is great.

On CM, great player but not the same need, imo. And in terms of day 1 help, I’m still not sure a kid at 160 is ready for SEC playas a Fr. Hopefully we still get him.

To me, this flip is more of a win then had we simply landed him in the first place. I think Mario had visions for the program, including fan support, that looked promising over the summer but have not planned out. Add that to the fact that his QB play so far has been dreadful and he just sent a kid out who couldn’t even raise his throwing arm, and you may see this class implode. I’m still shocked that the Francis kid hasn’t flipped to the vols. I’d prefer he stay put for logistics, but he’d be insane to do so.
LSU (the favorite) gets Rick’s last visit.

Cormani is a freak. HOWEVER, unlike 30 years ago, a lock down CB isn’t as important because of the spread offenses.

It’s more important to have a BUNCH of really good DBs and linebackers that play the pass.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the camper that I hope we keep stokes too. He was on a crappy team this year it affected his numbers. I think in a few years he'd be ready to compete for the job here. We're in need of an influx of talent at the qb position, anyhow.
Also,he's been a really big recruiter for us and our class really started to take off after he committed. I think alot of the guys like him. Hope he sticks.
He’d be a bridge QB. Probably not ready until after DJ (who we hopefully get) declares.

Get as much talent as you can but sometimes they don’t work out and those QBs that you think are fillers (like Stetson Bennett) end up being gamers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, I just wanted an excuse to use that epic gif.

However, I've become of the opinion that AR is going to stay.
Denny Thompson said he and his family will look at it in December after the season. He still has a first round mock based on potential.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Denny Thompson said he and his family will look at it in December after the season. He still has a first round mock based on potential.
There are 5-6 QB's above him.....he would be much better off in next year's QB draft. If anyone tells him otherwise, they are fools!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
LSU (the favorite) gets Rick’s last visit.

Cormani is a freak. HOWEVER, unlike 30 years ago, a lock down CB isn’t as important because of the spread offenses.

It’s more important to have a BUNCH of really good DBs and linebackers that play the pass.
I wants it.
My precious GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.